This user currently has no profile.
I write The 5th Column, a weekly research product which goes to a number of institutional clients around the world. I seek to supply my clients with heretical opinions and facts that can give them a more informed view of the world. 5th Columnideas is completely independent and therefore does not have to provide research that requires the approval of corporate financiers, or dissenting colleagues.
- Description: Newsletter author. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: ETFs, Foreign stocks, Stocks - long, Stocks - short, Tech stocks
5th column ideas Fund managers often say that they need detailed company specific research before they can make a sensible appraisal of a company's prospects. Here at 5thcolumnideas we seek to answer the big question: where do you know where look before you then go and get the company or sector specific detail? It is no ...More
coincidence that many - perhaps most - of the great scientific and medical discoveries came as a result of chance, or from experts in one field applying their knowledge in a different field. It is the same in investment research, there is a diminishing return to in depth knowledge. The reason for this is that new ideas often contradict or undermine what the specialist knows. By contrast, here at 5thcolumnideas we focus on anomalies that undermine the consensus view. We seek out change because we believe this is what often signals an investment opportunity. Professional investors are time starved - the 5th Column seeks to provide a weekly document that can inform them of emerging trends or anomalies that they can then use in combination with company specific research. 5thColumnideas was founded by Keith Woolcock, who over the last 25 years has become one of the most well known technology analysts in London. Keith has worked with Chase Manhattan, Smith New Court, Merrill Lynch and Nomura International. He was also a journalist on two national newspapers in the UK.
5thcolumnideas 5th columnideas is a weekly research note covering global themes for professional investors
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
big sell off in Samsung at end of trading day in seoul today. rumour is that smartphone sales will disappoint in china for next quarter Jun 15, 2012
Latest Comments more »
- apologies, that is a mistak... on Apple's Revolutionary Move Into Robotic Manufac...
- Thanks for the in-put canno... on Apple: Not Spending Enough on R&D?
- If you check Apple's R&... on Apple: Not Spending Enough on R&D?
- Your arguments reminds me o... on 2011 a Make-or-Break Year for Nokia
- This feels like 1995 or 199... on JDS Uniphase Longs Jump on the Telecom Express
Latest comments on Keith's Articles
- casselp_2000 on Apple's Revolutionary Move Into Robotic Manufac...
- bmw330i on Apple's Revolutionary Move Into Robotic Manufac...
- Charles Margolis on Apple's Revolutionary Move Into Robotic Manufac...
- mvallance on Apple's Revolutionary Move Into Robotic Manufac...
- Vipertom on Apple's Revolutionary Move Into Robotic Manufac...