Ken Caruso

View Ken Caruso's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My 5 Largest Positions Going Into 2011 [View article]
    On that note, I should probably post another item summarizing exactly what I mean by "shenanigans". There are a lot of good things that have happened at BH, but there are some actions that I don't agree with.
    Jan 11, 2011. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 5 Largest Positions Going Into 2011 [View article]
    User501336, thanks for the feedback. I am well aware the BH is a call option on Sardar's performance. My feeling is odds are in favor of Sardar performing better than the indexes. Otherwise I would have already sold.

The shenanigans for the most part are IMO a waste of time and yes I am uncomfortable with them. Does that mean BH will perform poorly over the long run? Not necessarily.

So I am sitting on the position until I come to a conclusion on that. I don't see any short term risk of permanent capital loss by sitting back and thinking some more on the issue.

Jan 11, 2011. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 5 Largest Positions Going Into 2011 [View article]
    @Quadruplemalt, thanks for the correction. I will rephrase that, not sure if SA will pick up the edit.
    Jan 10, 2011. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eye-Catching Portfolio Moves by Klarman, Witmer and Einhorn [View article]
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Feb 17, 2009. 06:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eye-Catching Portfolio Moves by Klarman, Witmer and Einhorn [View article]
    There is an error in your spreadsheet for the Klarman portfolio. I think the typo is in the filings as well. I can't imagine he got SFI for .29 cents a share. If he did that a huge discount over its already bargain basement price. Also it says he has 61,930,000, there are only about 150,000,000 share in the market.
    Feb 17, 2009. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Volatility Is Killing Me: Explaining My Sale of Expeditors International [View article]
    Why did you buy EXPD?

If you bought EXPD because of the fact that it has consistently above averages returns, has a competitive advantage with its world wide network and good management then why the hell did you sell it so shortly after buying it at a loss? A company with a history of great numbers is going to have its ups and downs, you can't expect such a short holding period to reflect the true value in this stock.

You elude to the fact that you find its numbers "intriguing" but then you sell it shortly after purchasing it. This tells me that you are either way to emotional about your investment to let the numbers speak for themselves in the long run, or you are not confident about your ability to read these numbers and feels the market is hence they might know something you don't know.

Selling when you did at a loss did not "limit your loss" it "limited your growth", in my opinion.
    Dec 21, 2008. 05:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment