Ketan Desai

View Ketan Desai's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Amarin Could Still Turn Profitable [View article]
    Well reasoned.
    Oct 24 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • End Of Diesel Subsidy In India Bearish For Gold [View article]
    Things are never so simple.

India also increased the import tax on gold from 4% to 6%. That should (at least to some extent) decrease gold demand. But, the end of fuel subsidy and increase in gold tax improves the deficit, which lifts the Rupee versus the Dollar. The rise of the Rupee decreases import costs and thus inflation. The rise of the Rupee also makes gold relatively cheaper, and thus paradoxically, may make this a wash all in all.
    Jan 23 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • John Hussman compares Bernanke to a doctor who - facing a patient with a broken femur - vows to shove aspirin down the patient's throat until the bone heals. Eventually the bone may mend enough on its own for the patient to hobble around, but then he/she will need to be treated for liver failure. More troubling: We all know this, but countenance the Fed's actions in the name of "doing something." [View news story]
    Actually, cocaine addiction is a better analogy. See my article on this:
    Dec 24 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Occultation Of Rigel Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Problem is that Rigel's Syk inhibitor is not that specific to Syk. My company's Syk inhibitor is better (i.e. more specific).
    Dec 13 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Physicians Prescribe Vivus' Qsymia? [View article]
    Lots of physicians got burned by phenfen, meridia, etc. We are very skeptical now.
    Sep 14 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Physicians Prescribe Vivus' Qsymia? [View article]
    Yes, I did - another article coming up.
    Sep 12 05:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Physicians Prescribe Vivus' Qsymia? [View article]
    Apology accepted - the answer to your question is very long and SA won't publish it as an article. Physicians are a conflicted lot. We try to balance patient care with running a business. The two are often in opposition. Obesity is a prime example. What are the chances of my being sued if I prescribe a drug and it leads to a negative outcome? Do the benefits outweigh the risks? These things take time to sort out - so be patient. If it works out, there is plenty of money to be made, yet be ethical.
    Sep 12 05:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Physicians Prescribe Vivus' Qsymia? [View article]
    Of all the comments so far, you are the only one who got it right. Which is why I said, wait for for sales.
    Sep 12 03:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Physicians Prescribe Vivus' Qsymia? [View article]
    I don't read motley fool. And I don't like people who question my motives. Try it more politely and I'll answer.
    Sep 12 03:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rigel Pharma: Key RA Drug Data Expected Late 2012 Through H1 2013 [View article]
    My company's Syk inhibitor is more specific than Rigel's. Rigel is ahead, but like the statin story, being first is not always the best.
    Sep 4 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Forward To QEIII? Don't! [View article]
    Well, Uncle Sam is addicted to cocaine, and it won't end well. See

Jul 25 12:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Results Of My Options Strategy For Vivus [View article]
    See my reply to Gm2b
    May 6 08:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Results Of My Options Strategy For Vivus [View article]
    Thank you...........
    May 1 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Results Of My Options Strategy For Vivus [View article]
    I can't tell you what to do but here is what I will be doing:

Selling Sept calls and puts at strike price 24, and buying Jan calls and puts strike price 24.

Regarding terminology, termination price and initiation price simply means the price at which the contract was terminated. I cannot use the term buy or sold since when I sold calls/puts, the termination was to buy and when I bought calls and puts, the termination was to sell.
    May 1 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • India's Iran Gambit: The Hunt For Oil [View article]
    Not really. Iran is actually a great benefit for India since it is Shia and Pakistan is mostly Sunni. Helps counter Pakistan's influence in the Islamic world. Thanks for your question.
    Apr 6 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment