View as an RSS Feed
The First-Quarter Earnings Rally And The Stock Market's Coming New Highs
- The first quarter earnings rally has arrived.
- Interpreting the latest economic data.
- Be careful of central bank policy intentions.
The Words Go Round And Round
- The stock market has conflicting narratives.
- The FOMC wrestles with its own narrative.
- What the Fed's latest words might mean for the near term in equities.
The Fed's Chessboard
- The state of the economy.
- The state of what the Fed thinks about the economy.
- How it matters to the markets.
This Is Still Not The Big One
- Warning Signs in the Stock Market.
- Seasonal Dynamics.
- Looking Ahead at April and May.
Don't Mistake The Fed - Or The Market
- The market's reaction to the FOMC meeting.
- First quarter softness.
- A window of vulnerability.
Clouds Gather For The Economy - If You're Willing To See
- What recent economic data is saying.
- What investors want it to say.
- The market's outlook.
The Greatest Winter In History
- There's more to the economy than weather.
- Rising prices distort information.
- The market is too complacent.
- A Deceptive Top In Equities
- The Weather, The Fed, The Economy And You
- Filling The Gap
- The Second Pivot Point For Equities
- Equities Are Bowed, But Not Beaten
- The Early Case For A First Quarter Top
- The First Pivot Point
- A Different Outlook For 2014 - Part 2
- A Different Outlook For 2014 - Part 1
- A Sweet Time To Sell NetSuite
- Valuations And Inflows On The Eve Of 2014
- Lo, A Market E'er Booming
- A Disturbance In The Force
The Case Of The Identical Job Numbers
Dec. 7, 2013 • 17 Comments
- The Jobs Report Could Mean Trouble For QE
- Up, Up And Away - Almost
The Fed's Last Waltz
Nov. 26, 2013 • 28 Comments
- Data Driving Directions
- The Myth Of The Accelerating Economy
- Beware The Complacency Of The Crowd
- The Stock Market's November Test
- A Time For Caution
- Not So Smooth Sailing Ahead
- Trading The Cliff's Edge
- The Only Sure Outcome Is Volatility