Kevin King

View Kevin King's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Northern Oil & Gas: Growth At A Good Value [View article]
    Ansell,

I considered the idea of using a put credit spread, but I feel that it would not sufficiently protect against the biggest concern of the company, which would be default on it's debt. If that happens who knows how low the stock would fall. That said, if it was placed properly, it may very well be a viable option.

A deep in the money call is definitely a valid consideration.

Thanks for your comment.
    Nov 17 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Oil & Gas: Growth At A Good Value [View article]
    Thanks for you comment. As I said in my reply to Oil finder, I think an acquisition is a lot less likely than the other catalysts I've listed, but certainly a possibility.
    Nov 12 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Oil & Gas: Growth At A Good Value [View article]
    Correction- Under the catalysts section, "Acquisition" should be the third catalyst, and should not be bolded. The paragraphs following correspond to each listed catalyst. I'm not sure why it came out that way.
    Nov 12 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Oil & Gas: Growth At A Good Value [View article]
    I agree that it is not a likely catalyst, however the QEP acquisition did include non operators.
    Nov 12 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Sirius Before It Gets Expensive [View article]
    I like SIRI because of their ties with so many auto manufacturers. I'm going to look into their ties with american manufactures specifically, because I believe American cars are really making a come back. Thanks for the good article.
    Nov 11 05:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Due Diligence? Here's How I Do It [View article]
    Good article; straight and to the point. I think a lot of individual investors believe it is too difficult to understand company financial statements and business strategies, when really it can be learned in basic by reading a few books and/or spending some time on websites like this. I know that's a big piece of how I've learned thus far, and I'd like to think I'm fairly good at it now (especially from 8-10 months ago, when I started). Thanks for the read.
    Oct 9 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook - It's The Valuation Stupid (Lessons For Twitter) [View article]
    While I would agree Facebook may be over valued, I would not count on it having the same fate as Myspace, etc. Facebook has a "stickiness" as you mentioned, and it's more user friendly than Myspace. Lets also not forget that we all carry Facebook around in our pockets now, and it pushes notifications to us. It's very hard to forget about. Also, Vine and Snap Chat cannot replace Facebook. They serve very different purposes. Instagram, along with Vine and Snap chat, could be a threat. However, remember that Facebook owns Instagram, and I believe their business strategy of combining the two is very clever (and popular.. Yahoo is doing something similar with Tumblr as well).

In conclusion, I agree that Facebook is a bit expensive, but I also believe the business is a lot more durable than the companies you compared it to. Good article none the less.
    Oct 8 08:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of The Hedge Fund Steroid Era [View article]
    Just remember that not all hedge funds are about taking excessive risks and destroying the market (even though some do this very well). The whole point of the "hedged fund" (the original term) was to reduce risk, and to make money no matter what the market is doing.

None the less, I agree that the industry is... restructuring, for lack of a better word. I think many of the biggest and most talented hedge funds have become too big, and we will see many of them fail or return their money to investors. We should see a whole new generation of new Managers in the next 10-20 years, and I have no doubt that they will be just as, if not more, talented then their parent generation.
    Aug 2 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Take A Deep Breath And Buy Brazilian Small Caps [View article]
    Awesome Article. Covered it front and back. I will look into this fund more and possibly invest. Thanks for the info.
    Aug 2 10:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Bubble Continues To Form In The Stock Market [View article]
    Good Article, I certainly agree.

Yesterday I heard an advisor say they cannot talk their clients into keeping hedges open since the market has been rallying so much as of recent. This is blatantly greed in action, and if it continues, the results are not going to be good.

I'm continuing to hold deep out of the money puts and a few shorts. I think it's worth the few percent gain I'm missing for the increasingly important margin of safety.

Keep your hedges people, control risk before pursing reward.
    Aug 2 09:29 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SunPower Management Discusses Q2 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Even with slightly below expected growth, Sunpower is still an excellent company, and probably the best in the Solar industry. I wouldn't give up on this stock, in fact I may by more on this minor down turn.
    Aug 1 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could SunPower Earnings Ignite Your Portfolio? [View article]
    SunPower has been my favorite Solar pick for several months now. The company seems to have the best fundamentals of the solar companies I've looked at, and also the best product.

If solar technology starts to really gain movement in consumers, I believe SunPower will be high on the list of choices for people to buy from. According to their website, they have the highest efficiency residential solar panel. While it does cost more (and I'm having trouble finding out how much more, but from what I'm reading its not a huge difference), I think people will choose a more expensive, quality panel rather than a cheaper one of lesser quality and efficiency. Solar energy is an investment after all, so it makes sense that most people would buy the most efficient panels.

I think in the long run, Sun Power has a good chance of being the Apple of Solar panels, and even if it doesn't turn out that way, it is very likely that it will still be a solid investment.

Thanks for the read.
    Jul 23 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Where The Value Is At [View article]
    I agree, I think apple's price is a temporary one. It is certainly the best value in tech stocks. In my opinion, it will only raise once some good news comes out (higher than expected earnings, increased margins, exceptional product sales,etc). With some patience, I believe apple will be very profitable.
    Apr 22 01:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buying Brand Names In A Bear Market Can Make You Rich [View article]
    Good article, good list of stocks. Followed. Even though its not even close to $5, I believe apple can fit in this criteria. It's an excellent buy at its current price, and it has arguably the strongest brand name in tech stocks.
    Apr 8 05:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment