Kevin Parker

View Kevin Parker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Must Have Consumer Staples for the Current Downturn [View article]
    PM isn't a subsidiary of Altria anymore. They spun off a couple years ago.
    Aug 12, 2011. 05:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Challenge to Netflix: Walmart Is Now Streaming Vudu Video on Demand [View article]
    Completely agree. NFLX is hiding its content costs. The stock should continue to dive in my opinion in near/medium term. Not that I don't like the company, but I'm skeptical on it.
    Jul 26, 2011. 07:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: The Story's Not Written Yet [View article]
    I tend to think this could be a decent short term trade. Stop losses will need to be monitored, but at current levels under $6 / share it could be worth taking a stab at a nice little bounce. I'm not really interested in holding NOK long-term.
    Jul 25, 2011. 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Ailing Wal-Mart Stock? [View article]
    And it's coming back to them how? Because the stock price has been rangebound? The company makes billions in profits every single year and growing. Yes, and shareholders collect growing dividends each year. If that is getting what was coming back to you, then sign me up for some of that.
    Jul 15, 2011. 04:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft, Don't Buy Back Shares - Here's Something Else [View article]
    MSFT has increased its dividend every year since initiating the dividend with the exception of 2010.

I anticipate Microsoft increases its dividend next quarter.
    Jul 15, 2011. 03:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft Should Borrow Heavily to Buy Back Shares [View article]
    Here's the visual look at the decrease in outstanding shares as a result of MSFT buybacks.

www.mydividendstocks.c.../

sure stock options have an impact but the buybacks are significant in reducing share count.
    Jul 12, 2011. 03:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft Should Borrow Heavily to Buy Back Shares [View article]
    Pretty interesting.

Long MSFT
    Jul 12, 2011. 01:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft: Adding Sizzle to the Steak [View article]
    I agree with all of the above. This stock will be above $30 in the near future and won't go under $30 for a long time, if ever.
    Jul 8, 2011. 12:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Rarely Mentioned Reasons to Include Microsoft in Your Portfolio [View article]
    Did you read the article?

First, Microsoft doesn't need "saving" it generates insane profits every single quarter. A stagnant stock price doesn't equate to a company going under.

Second, the minority interest in Facebook is probably one catalyst for Bing being the primary search engine partner for Facebook, but the other is that Google is trying to compete with Facebook by creating their own social network. Why would Facebook partner with Google?

Facebook and Google are competitors, Facebook and Microsoft are not. Google hates the fact that Facebook has 700 million users accessing a huge part of the internet and that all of it is walled off from Google (or almost all of it). Google wants to control the doors that allow access to the internet's information. Facebook's gigantic walled off garden works against that model. As such Google is trying to create its own social network activity for users so that it can monetize that network. Google Plus is the latest attempt, but previous attempts like "Buzz" were failures.

The title of the article says the article is about two reasons why i like microsoft that aren't discussed much. One is that I think Bing is actually a possible bright spot for the company in the future. The article has nothing to do with "saving" Microsoft which is ridiculous. Bankrupt, corrupt wall street banks need saving. Not Microsoft which has like $50 bil in cash and a near software monopoly. Laughable.
    Jul 1, 2011. 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, Google constantly modifies the algorithm, but they still won't have Facebook data like Bing. That's the only thing worth mentioning, otherwise, Bing is trying to beat Google at being Google which it won't do.
    Jul 1, 2011. 08:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Completely agree. Bing is not going to put Google under by any stretch of the imagination. As a web developer and entrepreneur, I would love for there to be legitimate competition in the field of search. For years, there's been none. I think Facebook brings a new piece to the puzzle with Bing.
    Jul 1, 2011. 12:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Shares of Microsoft have bounced 5% or so from the lows they hit recently, but still represent a very attractive buy in my opinion. Anything under $22 / share or so is a screaming buy in my opinion."
    Jul 1, 2011. 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's worth noting that nobody expects anything from Bing from Microsoft from a financial standpoint so even if they are moderately successful in what I've outlined, it will be a huge plus for the stock in my opinion.
    Jun 30, 2011. 08:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Losing Confidence in Windows 8 [View article]
    Good comments. The point of my article was to articulate the fact that I lost some of my initial excitement when I saw the longer preview, and to mention that I was very unimpressed with the Microsoft executive.

I don't know why they feel like they need to defend themselves against Apple so much. It makes them APPEAR to be playing catchup, even if that isn't the ultimate strategy. Simply stating that "yes there have been issues with Windows in the past. we are working to fix them and improve upon the strengths that we believe are in the Windows OS" Boom. Done. Stop back pedaling.
    Jun 22, 2011. 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Losing Confidence in Windows 8 [View article]
    "This new OS shows they have MORE and a GREATER vision than any of the "big four" as you like to put it. "

Such as?