View as an RSS Feed
View Kevin Quon's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ACCL, ADNC, ADT, AGCO, ALAN, AMRS, ANGI, AT, ATRI, ATVI, AYR, AZO, BBRY, BBY, BCC, BG, BIOA, BNNY, CDXS, CECO, CERE, CLMS, CRM, CRR, CYCC, CZZ, DFRG, DMND, DRYS, DVA, ENOC, ENTA, EQC, ESI, EVGN, FB, FIVE, FLCM, FSLR, FSYS, FTK, GEVO, GILD, GLW, GOOG, GWR, HL, HTH, IMI, INSY, INWK, IOSP, IPHS, IRWD, IVAC, KEG, KMI, LC, LO, LPIH, LTS, LYB, MAIN, MANU, MBII, MCP, MDR, MEI, MON, MPO, MT, NATH, NOV, NOW, NTRI, ODP, ONVO, OPK, PACB, PACR, PAY, PBI, PPO, REGI, RPAI, SBUX, SCTY, SFL, SHLD, STX, SUNE, SZYM, TINY, TPX, TSLA, UNIS, VALE, VSAR, WFM, WFT, WLT, YELP, ZNGA, ZTS
What A Successful Moema Launch Means For Solazyme
- Solazyme recently announced initial commercial production at its 100,000 MT facility in Brazil.
- The company has scaled its technology up to the level of 625,000-L fermentation tanks.
- Proving reliability and expanding key relationships stands as the company's next challenge.
- Part of the company's increased short interest was likely due to a delay to the Moema facility.
Marrone Bio Innovations: A Small Bio-Based Pest Management Company With Strong Growth Ahead
- Marrone Bio Innovations has multiple commercial product lines now experiencing strong sales growth.
- The company has a strong and diversified product pipeline addressing multiple end markets.
- The company is growing to be market leader in meeting bio-based agricultural and water treatment needs.
Why Solazyme's High-Oleic Oils Are Needed Now
- Solazyme is now producing high stability, high-oleic algal oil out of its plant in Iowa.
- High-oleic soybean oils have taken several decades to arrive to market.
- Solazyme's high-oleic oils may offer increased advantages over high oleic soybean oils.
Polypore International, Inc.: A Stable Company With Growing Potential
- Polypore is well-positioned to be a market leader in multiple growing industries.
- The company has a recurrent revenue stream, resulting in strong cash flows.
- Polypore has authorized a share repurchase program and begun to reduce its debt.
- The company's high short interest could invoke a short squeeze with the announcement of good news.
3 Companies Prone To Pop: Walter Energy, ITT Educational, And hhgregg
- Walter Energy, ITT, and hhgregg have abnormally large short interest positions.
- Almost half of the share float now rests in the hands of short sellers for each of these companies.
- Significant volatility should be expected for these companies in particular should there be an introduction of a positive catalyst.
4 Reasons Why Solazyme Is Pursuing AlgaVia & Encapso Now
- Solazyme plans on taking advantage of opportunities in the markets of nutrition and oil field services.
- By using the whole algal cell, Solazyme reduces costs, gains efficiencies, and adds value to the end product.
- The initial production cost range out of Clinton appears promising.
Pacific Biosciences Of California: An Underrated DNA Sequencer Gaining Traction
- The PacBio RS II system maintains the longest base pair read lengths in the industry.
- Pacific Biosciences' consumable revenue continues to accelerate as customer confidence in the system grows.
- The company's growing number of system installations support ongoing revenue growth in the quarters to come.
Solazyme: Key Takeaways And Insights From The Q1 2014 Results
- While essentially operational, Solazyme expects initial production from Moema in Q2 2014.
- The company has expanded its product depth with progress in both oil field services and nutritionals.
- Solazyme remains well-funded to partake in opportunistic expansions of both product lines.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals: A Potential Play On Drug-Resistant Bacteria
- Enanta Pharmaceuticals is now developing a new class of antibiotics for drug-resistant bacterial infections.
- The company has a large footprint in candidates addressing the hepatitis C virus.
- Favorable financing arrangements allow for a slow cash-burn while retaining the potential for royalties going forward.
3 Things To Like About Gilead Sciences
- Gilead Sciences recently saw a significant increase in revenue and earnings.
- Sovaldi's initial commercial success appears to reflect the growing earnings potential of the company.
- The company's medicines for HIV/AIDS remain in strong demand.
Insys Therapeutics: Finding No Pain In This Specialty Pharmaceutical Company
- Insys Therapeutics has commercialized a successful pain relief product found in Subsys.
- The company's proprietary spray system could serve as the base platform for additional drug candidates.
- The company is currently in litigation with a partner and remains largely dependent upon Subsys.
Solazyme Advances Its Agenda On Multiple Fronts
- Solazyme has ongoing market development trials with several new partners.
- A large amount of effort is now being put into Solazyme's new oil field services segment.
- The company was recently highlighted on the front page of Goldman Sachs.
- The latest round of financing further de-risks the company's ongoing operations.
Is Now The Time To Buy Ironwood Pharmaceuticals?
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals is expanding the field of science with its expertise in guanylate cyclate pathways.
- Linzess gained FDA approval in late 2012, but has thus far proven to be a hard sell.
- A new advertising campaign is aimed to broaden the market potential for Linzess.
Is Now The Time To Buy Atrion Corporation?
- Atrion Corp. has historically been an outperforming company.
- Atrion's multiple markets and product diversity provides increased stability.
- Long-term contracts have helped provide revenue consistency.
- Despite solid performance, the stock may be outpacing the company's growth.
Solazyme's Algal Oil Is Sought To Replace Palm Oil
- Tropical oils such as palm oil and palm kernel oil continue to see increasing demand and limited supply.
- Solazyme continues to leverage its expertise to provide a practical alternative to these oils.
- Reputable companies such as Unilever and Ecover have turned to Solazyme for a sustainable solution.
Is Now The Time To Buy Gevo?
- Gevo continues to scale up its technology platform.
- The company recently incorporated ethanol production into its facility at Luverne.
- Cash flow remains problematic, and it remains to be seen if Gevo will need more capital.
Is It Too Early To Invest In Versartis?
- Versartis recently completed its IPO and saw its shares rise on high demand after the offering.
- The Company is attempting to provide a longer lasting treatment to growth hormone deficiency.
- Prior attempts from other companies to provide a long-acting growth hormone have failed.
- The company's limited product pipeline concentrates investor risk.
5 Things To Know About Solazyme's Encapso
- Solazyme's new product line addresses the growing drilling fluids market.
- The company's product utilizes the whole microalgae cell in order to provide targeted lubrication.
- The ability to proactively reduce friction allows for increased cost savings for drilling companies.
Solazyme Looks To Strengthen Its Balance Sheet And Finds A Solution For Big Oil And Gas
- Solazyme plans to raise additional capital through a proposed offering of senior notes and common stock.
- The company already has aggressive plans for manufacturing capacity expansions.
- Encapso could serve as a product line that increases existing productivity which ultimately leads to cost savings.
Evogene: A Long-Term Growth Prospect In Plant Genomics
- Evogene has patented over 4,000 genes relevant for next-generation plant traits.
- The company targets key agricultural crops such as corn, soybean, wheat, rice and cotton.
- Key strategic collaborations exist with Monsanto, Bayer, DuPont, and Syngenta.
Is Now The Time To Sell AutoZone?
- AutoZone has maintained an extended market run on share buybacks and by the addition of new stores.
- The company's balance sheet has severely deteriorated.
- The valuation become stretched in light of a slow-growing industry.
Can Solazyme Find Growth In Hydraulic Fracturing?
- Solazyme appears to have developed a business line called Encapso.
- The company is developing biomass-based oil field chemicals.
- The composition of these chemicals appears to use spent microbial biomass and could serve as a co-product.
Is Office Depot On The Road To Recovery?
- Office Depot continues to expect significant savings from its latest merger with OfficeMax.
- Several insiders have recently purchased more company shares on the open market.
- The company expects to face a challenging year in 2014.
Has Tesla's Valuation Looked Too Far Into The Future?
- Tesla is now incorporating a large degree of future growth into its valuation.
- Future plans for the Gigafactory will require large amounts of capital that now exceed the company's current balance sheet.
- Analyst estimates remain based on forecasts that extend nearly 15 years into the future.
Why Solazyme Believes Algae Milk Is The Next Big Thing
- Solazyme recently displayed one use of its algal flours in the form of Algae Milk.
- Algal flour can be used in a wide range of applications.
- Limited innovation when it comes to food ingredients could provide Solazyme with a significant market opportunity.
- Is Now The Time To Buy Kinder Morgan As Insiders Invest?
- Why Solazyme Rose After Its 2013 Year-End Results
- Amyris Advances, But At What Cost?
- Can Changes To The Beverage Industry Affect Solazyme?
- Why Solazyme's Pathway For Growth Is Beginning To Clear Up
- Why Intermolecular Is Starting To Look Oversold
- Pacific Biosciences Gains Traction Even As Impatience Grows