Kevin Quon

View Kevin Quon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Are You Ready To Eat Algae? Solazyme Knows You Are [View article]
    You know, luckycharlie you may be in luck. I saw this pop up the other day:

I'm not vouching for it, as I haven't tried that website yet. But if it's legitimate, well, it'd be interesting to get a few more samples myself. If you try it out & it works let me know. Also let me know how the heck they ship it without it melting.
    Feb 8 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solazyme Partners With Mitsui - An Interview With Solazyme's Business Development Director (Part 1) [View article]
    I believe the concept that they're outbuilding demand is ridiculous. They're competing against conventional oil demand with a product that inherently carries more value. The analyst who suggested this concept needs to either re-evaluate his own thesis or his own motivations.
    Feb 8 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Unfortunately, we don't know where the production will take place. As for the development, I would imagine it will largely be handled in the labs & scaled in due time in Peoria. Just a guess though.

Your second thought is quite interesting. But for that sake cellulosic byproduct isn't hard to find. It's more about determining where is there an inherent advantage in putting a new facility. It might be something to consider for the future, but somehow I can think of more useful locations than on a palm oil plantation.
    Feb 8 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I actually just chuckled a bit. Thanks for the comment, River1998.
    Feb 8 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks chudzikb. I thought the other part of the interview was actually more intriguing as it pertains to motivation. I'm about to work on it now, so stay tuned. I had problems clearing this article w/ my editors, so hopefully I don't run into problems with the 2nd also...

And yes, according to Mr. Tag, I guess this was another company to hit the rocks amidst the calls of the Siren we know as SZYM. Clearly, corporate due diligence must be hitting an all-time low these days.
    Feb 8 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dose Of Reality: Opko Set For A Pullback As Insider Selling Begins [View article]
    Technically, the offering was still dilutive to him. I'd say he roughly owns 40% of the total diluted share count. And he only participated in the offering for about 4% of the rough 25 million shares to one day be issued as a result of it. It's hard to say his participation in the offering was even out of a bullish nature as much as it was to show face.

As the author correctly references me, I do believe that Frosts objective is to support the share price in order to leverage better financing opportunities for extended growth. There is nothing wrong with this, and I fully support Frost's conviction to use his personal wealth in order to create a better business.

I believe I've been quite fair when it comes to this stock. Frost remains the sole motivation I'm even interested in it. I agree with what the author is saying here for the most part. Frost will continue to buy regardless which is why I will remain long-term bullish on the company. However, from a technical standpoint, this stock was well overbought in my opinion.
    Feb 8 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    While I appreciate your references, I would like to contest one in particular. You quote me as saying the following, to which I still heartily agree with:

"Despite having share prices climb nearly 50% in the last 3 months alone, Frost continues to steadily buy large volumes of shares."

The key word to emphasize was "steadily" as large volumes remains a subjective stance. While I personally consider 30,000-50,000 shares on a near-daily basis to be large, you may not see it to be the case, and that is your right.

However, your following chart below this quote is misleading. The reason the chart on the left is skewed is due to the market response. Although you track for three months, the rapid climb in share price above $5 occurred after January 2013. Only after this time period did the stock go largely go above $5. Additionally, as I described in my article found here (http://bit.ly/V3Nj5E), Frost also stopped his buying for an extended period of time around January 15. This was inherently related to the convertible notes offering that readers were quick to point out.

I would therefore like to reiterate that the key point to take from my particular comment was that Frost continues to buy with consistent regularity as noted in the 2nd chart on the right.

--------------
    Having said all this, for the most part I remain hesitant to suggest that it is a good time to buy regardless as I largely agree with most of your assertions. I am personally in a hold position myself, and look forward to the long-term potential of the company. This is a nice article from the short point-of-view.
    Feb 8 10:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready To Eat Algae? Solazyme Knows You Are [View article]
    The impact is in creating low-cost food substitutes w/o a sacrifice to taste/feel, etc. To keep things short - milk/butter/eggs, etc are going up in the long-term while SZYM's inputs are theoretically going to go down in cost in the long-term. SZYM's process is input flexible. Although it relies on sugar cane or dextrose for now due to the current infrastructure, eventually we're talking about cellulosics and non-food material to be created into food. They really can expand the amount of food on the planet.
    Feb 7 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready To Eat Algae? Solazyme Knows You Are [View article]
    Actually, to contest your first point, they did include cream in both.

However, this point aside, the objective of the company is to create an alternative to the use of eggs/butter/milk, or even flour for that sake. The health benefit of the almagine is its ability to replace the use of the "unhealthy" elements. It does so because these products are primarily being used for their flavor elements or other intrinsic properties.

It sounds like you don't want to be convinced so I'm not going to try, but its just food for thought.
    Feb 7 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready To Eat Algae? Solazyme Knows You Are [View article]
    Not at all, such an attractive man should be free for all to enjoy lol
    Feb 5 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What New Co-Products Lie In Store For Solazyme? [View article]
    Thanks, ZachariahCheme. I appreciate it.
    Feb 4 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready To Eat Algae? Solazyme Knows You Are [View article]
    Seems a bit like arguing over technicalities & semantics in an advertising piece. You may be right in your contested points, although I'm not the one to ask in that regard. In the end, the proof is in the pudding... perhaps literally. I think its healthy to be skeptical over the advertised benefits, but I also think that there are several value trends here that shouldn't be glossed over by mere skepticism. Having tried some of the product myself when I visitied the company's HQ, worries over taste are out the window personally. So it really comes down to applicability & usefulness for me. I think the product can make a big impact, but those are just my thoughts.
    Feb 4 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opko's Frost Resumes His Purchases [View article]
    Excellent resource, Qniform. Thanks.
    Feb 2 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opko's Frost Resumes His Purchases [View article]
    byslkwd,

You can regard it as a done deal. Even Frost participated as seen in the Form 4 shown here: http://bit.ly/Xuu8Ar
    Feb 1 06:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are You Ready To Eat Algae? Solazyme Knows You Are [View article]
    Saw it before, but no details about it yet. Definitely an interesting peek into the next wave of healthier food imo.
    Feb 1 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment