Kevin Stevens

View Kevin Stevens' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I've Changed My Mind About Zynga [View article]
    For Starters - who do you think Zynga uses for their banking?
    Ding Ding - Probably Bank Of America.

BofA is located at
    680 8th St
    San Francisco CA 94103

Zynga is located at
    699 8th St
    San Francisco, CA 94103

As for JP Morgan:
    Doug Anmuth is the man who upgraded Zynga and he likes to play Scramble with Friends on his Cell phone. What other reason could there be?
    Apr 28, 2012. 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I've Changed My Mind About Zynga [View article]
    Actually, Zynga has not created a hit in a very long time. Most of the top titles they offer were created by other companies acquired before their IPO. Sad but true.
    Apr 28, 2012. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I've Changed My Mind About Zynga [View article]
    Zynga.org has raised more than $10 million for several international nonprofits by occasionally selling virtual goods for charitable causes.(Sounds good and honest huh?)

However, the company had been criticized in the past for keeping up to 50% of donations it collected. (Clarity - not so honest huh?)

It's kind of like - we will help you if it profits us.
    Apr 28, 2012. 12:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I've Changed My Mind About Zynga [View article]
    I think you are right. The numbers are fictitious. Especially if one user goes from one network to the other, they should be one user but could be counted as 4 or 5.

In the conference call yesterday Pincus refused to give updated numbers or break down the income from each game. It is all lumped together and split between GAAP and Non GAAP due to creative accounting by Earnst & Young..
    Apr 27, 2012. 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    It is not only Zynga I want to see investigated it is all of the flash game makers pocketing big bucks.

Zynga competition for EA? Not in this lifetime. The people at Zynga are building little flash games. They are not in league with EA.

I play a beta EA is developing named Command & Conquer Alliances. They have a payment model so you can buy extra abilities and accelerate quicker. The difference is, I trust EA. I know the odds are set in stone.

I don't trust Zynga. I played their Zynga Poker and paid for chips so I could have better play. Before I bought chips I could not win. After buying chips - I could not lose. Soon the "Buy more chips" ads popped up. I would not buy chips - then I could not win. So I bought more chips - Magic luck - could not lose a hand if I was betting on a 2 / 3. Then the ads came back - didn't buy chips. Could not win a hand if I was holding 4 Aces.

I tried this with several accounts, all with the exact same results. I have met many others through Facebook who all report the exact behavior. They need to be investigated and the industry needs to have protections for the players. That's just how I feel about this issue.

Back to EA - Founded and incorporated on May 28, 1982 by Trip Hawkins, the company was a pioneer of the early home computer games industry and was notable for promoting the designers and programmers responsible for its games. It is one of the largest video game publishers in the world. In July 2011, EA announced that it had acquired PopCap Games, the company behind hits such as Plants vs. Zombies and Bejeweled.EA is also currently the No. 1 publisher in Western markets with a 16% segment share, and the second-largest social games company on Facebook. EA's rankings have been propped up by the launch of The Sims Social, which is currently the fastest-growing game on Facebook.

Zynga is a poorly run fart in the wind compared to Electronic Arts.
    Apr 27, 2012. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I've Changed My Mind About Zynga [View article]
    I wont say, "I told ya so."

Apr 27, 2012. 06:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    There is more to Tech stocks than the figures. But with Games and Social networks there is much more to consider.

You can look at Apple and ask your self when was the last time Apple had an unpopular device. The answer would be - Never. Apple was popular even when they have suffered.

When we look at Social networks and Flash Game makers a lot more comes into play. I am not the lone voice screaming - this is very dangerous territory. Most people that have commented probably bought, were waiting to buy or are considering a buy with Zynga. The people who did not read this article are people like me who would not touch this stock.

This article earned more than most people would have gained had they bought the stock.

I wasn't wrong when I said Zynga was going to release bad news and the stock was going to drop like a rock on Friday (when I commented on your post in another article).

Today they have closed -9.55% - Monday will be another sell off day.
    These types of IPO's are relatively new territory and are being overvalued by extremely technology ignorant firms. Uber-scrutiny is exactly what is needed.
    Apr 27, 2012. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    I have written a lot of articles on the the Internet. Before that, I wrote on dial up BBS's. I have grown use to the negative reactions, sometimes it stings a little. For the most part I just shrug it off, they are just words.

As far as this article - people may not like my position. People may not like the comparison to fraudulent flash casino software. People may not like the entire article.

I believe the issues are worth exploring and if you are an investor, it helps to have a different perspective and view what you might have overlooked or not considered.

As I have commented on another authors article this morning -
    Social networks come and go. I bet many here don't even recall the site that started it all - Six Degrees.

Games are even more fickle. Most are fun for a few days and something new comes along.

I have to question the integrity of a company that uses Earnst & Young as their auditor. They have been involved in 11 major scandals since 1996. More than most accounting firms combined. Facebook, Zynga, Groupon are all using the same firm. Makes me wonder...

As for Zynga... When I paid for poker chips for Zynga poker I would play the tournaments and win 1st place repeatedly. Almost every game in fact. Then the advertisements appear begging you to buy more chips - then you can't win at all until you buy more chips.. Then the magic luck begins again. I tested my theory with several accounts with the same results. I do believe they are fraudulent.
    Apr 27, 2012. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Social IPOs To Be Concerned About As Facebook Falters [View article]
    Facebook posted a loss for the quarter. I think the author is pointing out that most new Social Network IPO's are seriously over valued. If they can't deliver, get negative press or have a bad day - they lose big time - As do investors.

If you look at HI5, Badoo, Myspace - they are going no where. Myspace was once the Number 1 Social Site and it sits idol now.

Social sites are not like Apple, Microsoft and companies that deliver a tangible product. People need a phone and a computer, they only use social sites for entertainment - when it gets boring people simply forget about the site.

Zuckerberg was 19 when he stole the Facebook idea from his college mates. He just spent a Billion dollars on a single program; Instagram.

I am already tired of Facebook. People might make a little cash on the short term but don't expect it to become a permanent fixture like Sony or Apple. People will defend Facebook ferociously and tell you it is the FUTURE. Well it is only the future until it becomes the past just like Myspace, HI5, Badoo, Six Degrees, Friendster - they were all really popular once upon a time.

Google + ...... Forgotten about as soon as it launched.
    Apr 27, 2012. 11:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    Myspace was the future too.. Now it is the Past.
    Pac Man was the future.

There will be more interesting stuff and as soon as someone has the next flavor of the moment, they will be called the future.

Your personal attacks are interesting. You are either invested in Zynga or work for the company. Either way - I don't care. I wrote what I feel is information worth exploring. Let it go. Move on. The rest of the world already has.
    Apr 26, 2012. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    If you can make a game, you can control the odds of winning. All games are played to be won. If you can control the odds, you can target specific users or groups most likely to pay. That is cheating.
    Apr 26, 2012. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Social IPOs To Be Concerned About As Facebook Falters [View article]
    When the Social Ignorance bubble bursts a lot of unsuspecting people are going to be hurt substantially. Those laughing all the way to the bank will be the ones who created and fostered this mess.
    Apr 26, 2012. 02:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    card games, slot games, odds games, challenging games all exist in Vegas and they are all regulated to make sure they are not cheating the players.

No one is checking to see how Zynga and others like Zynga are treating or cheating their clients. I think the industry has found a cash cow and have the ability to rip people off with impunity.
    Apr 26, 2012. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga And The Lack Of Federal Oversight [View article]
    Actually, I didn't say that. But since you mention it....
    Jacob Barnett is 12 years old and busy debunking Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. Einstein was only 26 when he unveiled his theory. (Jacob also has Asperger’s syndrome).

While you might believe Flash requires the likes of Albert Einstein, J. Robert Oppenheimer, and Kurt Gödel you are only displaying your lack of understanding of Adobe Flash. It really is very easy to use if you have at least an IQ of 50.

Apr 25, 2012. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Sell-Off In Wal-Mart Is Overdone [View article]
    The U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act bans companies from paying foreign officials to get more business. The law has recently been targeted by lobbyists — including an arm of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with ties to Wal-Mart.

They are all going down. Any American involved is facing prison time. Wal-Mart is facing Global consequences and serious penalties.

This is not a simple matter and Wal-Mart has got serious issues.
    Not only is Wal-Mart involved in corruption - they were using lobbyists to try to change the law before they got fried. Too late for them.
    Apr 24, 2012. 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment