Kevin Weng

View Kevin Weng's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cramer's Mad Money - Respect The Rotation (3/31/14) [View article]
    To understand what KNDI is capable of leading the EV wave in China, read my first hand visit to their plant in Shanghai Feb 2014. Pictures and videos included:

Cramer just proved once again the Wall St pros are clueless of the leading changes happening in front of everyone' eyes, as they did it in Tesla's case. Individual investor who did their DD has a decisive edge. I am more than happy to play against the so call pros on the other side of the table, any time, any case.

Cramer is probably a worse factor in costing retail investors money than the alleged HFT by Michael Lewis in the 60 minutes.

If investing is all about pulling up and reading the 10K and 10Q, life would be so easy. Sounds like a fortune teller's job.
    Apr 1 12:53 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    Forget it Paulo, you still couldn't admit you wrote an silly article.

Let me put this straight. The whole thing reads like this:

I am the boss of a small business. Then my intern accountant just discovered a miracle truth by crunching some number on her spread sheet. She comes to me saying: look, we are going to make $100 million this month! Here is the proof!

Knowing how I run the company, and in fact I lost $1 million in the last month, I can only appreciate her enthusiasm but afraid she misses by perhaps five 0s in the end. After all she is just an intern.

I wouldn't waste any minute trying to figure out how she missed five 0s.
    Mar 21 12:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    Why bother to check with Tesla? This whole thing reads like this:

I am a CEO of a small business. Then my intern accountant just discovered a miracle truth by crunching some number on her spread sheet. She comes to me saying: look, we are going to make $100 million this month! Here is the proof!

Thank you Paulo for providing an entertaining piece.
    Mar 21 09:15 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    Oh Tom, long time no see. Nowadays I don't come here much, just occasionally to see what other short theory out there. It seems you are still everywhere trying misinform people?

Action speaks louder. My time are well spent on good cause.
    Mar 20 09:20 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    Oh I am just too busy making money from the Tesla trend, then carry many other players like KNDI, SCTY along with it. Oh I should mention this speculative one as well: WLCDF. Go figure!

Seriously, while I was making a ton of money on TSLA, I started followed KNDI when it was trading at $4 last June. I was able to ride KNDI all the way to the current $20 level. I am too busy writing articles on my own website on Kandi –Garage Progress and Shanghai Plant Tour

Rather than debating with you Paulo, this is how detective work should be done. Take a trip to Germany and bring back us a good report as I did traveling to China, will you?
    Mar 20 08:59 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    Of course I disapprove your arguments. Just don't feel the need to waste time debate on your flawed "methodology".
    Mar 20 08:22 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    That you just spent outrageous amount of energy trying to prove something you believe, but never get the right angle to look at it. I am very amused by your self proclaimed vindication.
    Mar 20 07:52 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somewhere In Europe, 100 Model S' Destroy A Myth [View article]
    Wow what a piece of great detective work! Quite laughable actually.

Can't believe someone would go such distance to "demystify" his own misguided belief and what an epiphany you have discovered!

Action speaks louder than words. Should just take a short position and benefit your own theory.

You again demonstrated how clueless you know about how the whole Tesla ecosystem works. Can't believe you can did such a lousy job and claim mission accomplished, theory proven, Lol...
    Mar 20 07:50 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's New Markets: Pricing Utopia [View article]
    Seeing so much debate over Tesla, I have come to the conclusion that people will not change their stance just because of debate. LT is one example that will fight till death for his bear theory. Where is JP nowadays?

Everyone established his belief before coming to SA, particularly on the issue of Tesla and will not be easily persuaded, even though mounting evidence and facts being play out against one's belief.
    Feb 26 09:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies: Today And Into The Future [View article]
    Now that the KNDI story has taken off, I have been thinking how to value KNDI. Incidentally have been a Tesla investor since the 30s gives me a comparison framework.

Q4 projection of 2,800 EV reminds me Tesla's Q4 in 2012. Consider KNDI has much more plants being built in various cities, addition to their current plant of 100,000 cars annual capacity, I can see the next few quarters delivery should resemble Tesla's numbers, which in the 5,000 range, if not more. The good thing about KNDI is it does not suffer the severe production constraint Tesla has. Would demand be an issue? If 2,800 is projected in Q4 and from all evidence it is a hard projection, then it can only suggest the CarShare program in in full motion as well so demand is not an issue.

Given this assumption, KNDI should have similar vehicle delivery number one year lag behind Tesla. My price target for KNDI by the end of 2014 is to be 1/10 of Tesla's market cap of now, which is $18B. The 1/10 factor including the car price ratio of 1/7 and a discount on brand difference. However KNDI does have some other advantage which Tesla does not so various factor cancel out.

With $1.8 billion of market cap, KNDI can go up to $50 in next year and that is a conservative target.

I am so pleased with my KNDI investment since Apr. 2013. It seems I am in the right place and right time with TSLA and KNDI.
    Dec 31 11:00 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Is Safety In Disruption: A High-Level Tesla Valuation [View article]
    From $124 to $144 in a single day, a $20 move, now you know what I mean by "Spectacular".

Unless a lot of people see value in TSLA, it won't have this kind of strength to sustain such rally, even just within a short 8 hours day.
    Dec 3 04:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Is Safety In Disruption: A High-Level Tesla Valuation [View article]
    My friend and I swap my Model S and his BMW 5 series. Both of us agreed the BMW 5 feels like a dinosaur, clumsy handling, under-powered, noisy, takes quite a arm strength to handle the steering wheel. In two other occasions I have to drive a Ford Taurus and a Prius, in both cases I thought the engine was dead when I push the pedal. The engine works so hard and yet can't do much except making noise.

I once had a statement that anyone spending $50k+ on a new luxury sedan other than a Tesla will look foolish for their own money, if they are not buying a convertible or a all wheel drive. I stand by that statement.

Now image in 2-3 years when the market of used Model S open up, how would those Bimmers and Mercedes fare the competition?

For the shorts banging on the fire and the battery challenge (so tired), better enjoy the time while it lasts. I said this last time when the stock dip below $100 back in June.
    Dec 3 01:13 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Is Safety In Disruption: A High-Level Tesla Valuation [View article]
    An interesting perspective. Yes who would've see it coming like Amazon 10 years ago and Apple before iPhone? The Model S is 100 time(or more) of iPhone in term of price, size, ingenuity and competitive advantage, virtually any angle you look at it.

What is funny is even at today's price of $124, TSLA has been a massive winner for the year.

How come the shorts are sounding like winning the game, including John Peterson? They forgot they've been wrong sine TSLA was under $40? If all these naysayers put money where their mouths are, they would have lost all their shorts.

Yes the single biggest reason why TSLA lost 40% in a month is it did run too fast. From $35 to $195 in 6 months without much of a pull back is unprecedented in its size of like $25 billions. That alone should make any early investors proud. They see the potential. They understand the story. Most longs I knew stop buying the stock once it went over $100 and enjoyed the massive gain.

I own a Model S, I have total confidence in the car safety and the company's ability keep disrupting the industry. The company is as stellar as it was 2 months ago. Fire or not, it is just noise. Look at the anger of Elon musk when dealing the fire instance, who else knows the car better than the man? Don't bet against the trend. Though it comes slowly on a daily basis, the accumulative effect over a couple of years or 2 will run over anyone stand in its way.

At $124, the stock is back to a reasonable level. It is a fair game again.What we learn from the price movement of TSLA is the shorts can press the price like a coil of spring for so long. Just watch out when it recoils. It is spectacular.
    Dec 2 07:13 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Behind The 'Kandi Machine': China's Sweet EV Solution [View article]
    Wonderful work, Aaron!
    As a Tesla investor from $35, I can see why people missed the obvious when Tesla started a historical run. Kandi is a different story however it has same degree of intriguing potential.
    Nov 22 04:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies: As China Goes, So Goes Kandi [View article]
    Thank you Mr. Goldman!

If I can further rephrase your answers:

1. Kandi provide the most price compelling EV (net cost of $2500.00) on the market.
    2. Kandi sold more pure EV's in 2012 (~3500)than any other EV manufacturer in China in 2012.

Do you have some reference to these two statements, or is it your 1st hand knowledge with the management team?

I am actually planning to visit Kandi during my Christmas vacation in China.

The puzzle I have is there are seemingly many EV manufactures in China and no other car maker has sold more than 3,500 EVs in 2012?

I might've missed it, what is your projection on the number of EV Kandi will sell for 2013, 2014?
    Sep 26 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment