View as an RSS Feed
View Kevin Wrotenbery's Articles BY TICKER:
The Actively-Managed Almost Passively-Priced Portfolio
- New ETF offerings have blurred the line between active and passive management.
- Some reasonably priced ETFs use rules-based strategies that may outperform.
- A potential Actively-Managed Almost-Passively-Priced (AMAPP) portfolio is demonstrated.
Volatility Has A Lot To Do With Risk
Fri, Aug. 29 • 9 Comments
- Risk comes from uncertainty, which can be about an asset's valuation or future events.
- In the same way price follows value, volatility follows risk.
- Margin of safety is always important, but even more so when investments are risky.
The Most Honored Companies In America
- A list of 60 domestic companies that have repeatedly received awards such as Best Place to Work, World's Most Ethical Company, etc. over the last five years is provided.
- The names on the list are generally well-known mega-caps. Intel leads, with 27 awards during the last five years.
- Some research suggests "Best Places to Work" companies may be more likely to beat EPS expectations and offer better returns.
Concerning The Performance Of Individual Investors
Wed, Apr. 30 • 12 Comments
- Research indicates on average, individual investors under-perform relevant benchmarks.
- A deeper look at one study shows not all individual investors behave the same way.
- Reducing trading frequency and avoiding risky stocks improves the performance of even an 'average' investor.
1993's '100 Best Stocks' Revisited: Size Matters
- The performance of 100 stocks selected in 1993 compares favorably with the performance of an index fund over the last twenty years.
- Within the 100 stocks, large stocks have performed well more consistently than small stocks.
- Investors who favor a buy and hold strategy may find large stocks more suitable for that purpose.
- Deere Chooses Not To Raise The Dividend; What's Next?
- A Look Inside The Fama-French 3-Factor Model
- Why I'm Not A Passive Investor
- Examining The Size Premium
- A Case For Holding Some Cash In This Market
- 1993's '100 Best Stocks': How They Fared