Khari Parker

View Khari Parker's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Apple: Value Play Or Value Trap? [View article]
    Great article. I agree its definitely a value play for the long term, but short term there is little thought of value and this stock price is being dictated by the "noise".
    Dec 7 10:45 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm: Apple-Related Sell-Off Is Irrational [View article]
    Interesting article. So basically Qualcomm is the "go to" manufacturer for baseband processors? Makes sense that they will continue to increase revenue. Great insight.
    Dec 16 02:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An 'Apple To Apple' Comparison Of Apple [View article]
    Gary thanks for the insight and for keeping me honest here. The main intent of this article was to give the reader a glimpse of how I rebalance my portfolio. I set out in this article to possible liquidate a portion of my position in AAPL and to purchase more FB or open new positions in ZNGA, SIRI or CLWR but honestly I found through my research and analysis that AAPL is a stronger company this year than it was last year. Based off of that I see no reason to sell. The most recent sell off wasn't based on fundamentals in my honest opinion. But you bring up a valid point. How about the future of AAPL? I would love to see an article comparing the AAPL of today to the AAPL of tomorrow. If you find one before I do, please link me to it. Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 10 05:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An 'Apple To Apple' Comparison Of Apple [View article]
    Rebecca I think you bring up a very good point. If you read my article from Dec 6th, I mentioned that the Clearinghouse requirement changed margin requirements which led many investors to sell the leveraged portion of their positions and like a chain reaction the stock fell and investors such as yourself wanted to lock in their profits. I think this is a temporary dip and that Apple will rise a lot stronger in the coming week(s). Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 10 03:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook And The Social Contract [View article]
    Dana great write up, as always. I agreed with your article until the final conclusion. Ultimately while there are many users that care about the privacy concerns of the data they share, I question how many would actually leave Facebook/Instagram if they changed their TOS to allow for the selling of photos. I dare to say very few. I think the reasoning is that Facebook is more than just social networking. For many it is an indispensable social "utility" that they cannot (or feel they cannot) live without. For every 1 user who may actually care, I believe you will have 2 or more who don't understand the implications of the TOS or quite frankly do not care. For that reason I think the user base will grow and active users will remain high. Couple that with more products and services being offered to this user base, I think that Facebook is significantly undervalued. I do agree that the numbers here have little to do with Facebook's valuation. I submitted an article on this that should be released sometimes today.
    Dec 20 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An 'Apple To Apple' Comparison Of Apple [View article]
    Hey thanks. I enjoy doing the research that comes with writing the article. I also enjoy the collaborative environment here from SA. I feel I learn a lot just by reading everyone's posts and articles. By the way, great blog on Steve Jobs not being God. I think it touch on many great points!
    Dec 10 05:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook And The Social Contract [View article]
    Hi Dana, so here's the link to my piece below. I did alot more research and agree that the privacy concerns and TOS could definitely affect the revenue. Its a good thing Instagram retracted their privacy statement::: http://bit.ly/V1Okuz
    Jan 11 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy's Best Bets [View article]
    BBY has dropped since I wrote this article and 2 Board Directors are leaving, I don't think this is a good company to be in right now.
    Jan 2 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy: Schulze Is Fooling Shareholders [View article]
    Interesting article. I wrote one on Best buy a few days ago too. Best buy has a solid brand and if Joly and team are serious I think they can return BestBuy to profitability. I don't think the answer is as easy as focusing on Online though as many have said.
    Dec 15 01:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An 'Apple To Apple' Comparison Of Apple [View article]
    Misho, I agree a good percentage of this fall is not based on the fundamentals. A buy opportunity to me.
    Dec 14 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy's Best Bets [View article]
    You are correct. I don't buy beaten stocks with weak fundamentals. I have no ownership in this stock and thus no bias. I also do not buy stocks when they are trending down unless there is significant value. Until management changes their business plan I wouldn't buy this stock at any price. If you are looking for solid fundamentals try apple. I've researched Apple for two prior articles and seems to be a very well run company with a solid and true uptrend. In regards to BBY, a low share price doesn't make this stock cheap. It's not profitable, leadership has not provided wallstreet any guidance this quarter and management seems to be misinformed on how to tranform a company.
    Dec 12 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy's Best Bets [View article]
    Check the link to that quote that you copied above. It links to an article about declining BBY sales.

I agree getting exclusive rights would not be easy, but it is possible. The hopes of the article is that BBY leadership will begin to think out of the box and focus on "making" the company work. A great article released today for BBY shows that the Microsoft Tablet is being released at Best Buy and that Best Buy is one of the few places that will carry it. Thats my point though. It will take these kinds of "exclusive" deals to make Best Buy successful again.
    Dec 12 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy's Best Bets [View article]
    Not exactly correct. There are more than 2 sales transactions. There is Open Market (Sales) and Non Open Market (Dispositions). Effectively they are the same thing with the only difference being that the latter is done privately but still must be reported to the SEC, which is why it is publicly available information. Whether its sold on the open market or disposed of on the private market, the indicator is still there and the same. The point if officer level people at BBY are liquidating their positions.
    Dec 12 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy's Best Bets [View article]
    The chart speaks for itself ----> http://yhoo.it/NFNuAf
    Dec 12 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Buy's Best Bets [View article]
    Hi, many retailers have came out this holiday season (since Black Friday) and stated that they have seen increased turnout and sales over prior years. I never commented on Best Buy's sales. I said Best Buy hasn't been as lucky, referring to the stock price. As far as the downtrend I am talking about the bottom line and the profit over the past 3 years. What good is a high revenue if it all gets absorbed through expenses, taxes, debt, etc. Best Buy is in the business of turning profit for its shareholder. Until it can do that consistently I will be of the opinion that its business model is flawed and needs to be revisited. I believe that Best Buy needs to continue with their online presence. However, my article said that their strategy should not be to go head to head online with competitors such as Amazon. In my opinion they cannot compete with Amazon. The main point that I am seeking to drive through this article is that Best Buy needs to focus on gaining exclusive rights to products to increase their profit margin. Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 12 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment