Kinetic Investments

View Kinetic Investments' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Strong And Steadily Climbing Stocks To Watch This Week [View article]
    Hi Kirk. I believe you have it nailed down pretty well. To the best of my knowledge the date hasn't been pushed back and I can't see why it would be, but that's the only x factor/potentially negative unknown that I can see.

Cheers,

Bert
    Mar 12 04:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Allovectin: Why Hasn't The Trial Been Stopped? [View article]
    Very informative, Ted. Keep 'em coming.

Bert
    Mar 12 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Be A Buy-And-Hold Investor [View article]
    Yet another well written and thought provoking article. Thanks, Rocco.

Bert
    Mar 12 03:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 5 Best Performing High Risk/Reward Biotech Stocks Of 2012 [View article]
    Hi kkrugerud. Thanks for the note. We will certainly look into it.

Best,

Bert
    Mar 12 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avanir Pharmaceuticals: The Perfect 2012 Stock For Cubs Fans [View article]
    Time to add to that OS total, reetch.

BW
    Mar 6 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Strong Trends To Watch This Week And 1 To Watch Out For [View article]
    Hi Brillo. Not ignoring your message. As I'm sure you can understand, today is a very busy day for me. Will respond fully when time permits,

Best,

Bert
    Mar 6 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Saratogahawk.

"Last week ATP also reported that its 4th Telemark well is producing at >7000 boe per day. A very attractive yield. When combined with the others and the new Clipper wells by the end of the year ATP could be well over 40,000 boe per day."

Indeed they did, and 40k boe/day is certainly possible by EOY.

Bert
    Mar 5 09:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Under $10 With Strong Trends To Watch Next Week [View article]
    Lynn & I say thanks, DAG.

BW
    Feb 29 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Benefiting From Rising Oil Prices [View article]
    Again, rougie, there was no cut and pasting done by the author, but before you are done crying yourself a river, enlighten yourself as to who owns the rights to publicly traded companies' descriptions.

Complainer? Whiner? Crier? Whatever you'd like to be classified as, you should probably just focus on getting your articles published. And show some dignity in the process, for Pete's sake.
    Really, man. Get your stuff together.

BW
    Feb 29 12:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Biotech Companies: 2 To Buy And 1 To Day Trade [View article]
    Well done, R.S. Again, keep them coming.

BW
    Feb 28 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Benefiting From Rising Oil Prices [View article]
    So you are saying public information about companies should not be used in articles about stocks? Should authors at Seeking Alpha be forced to create their own brief business descriptions, when perfectly adequate ones already exist to extract information from?

Would it make a difference?

Oh, that's right. You don't provide brief business descriptions in your "quick list" articles, do you? Maybe that's why you only pick up 3 followers per article? Who knows?

Just like you were wrong about the information coming from Yahoo, you are wrong about anything being cut and pasted in the article. You seem bitter and assume far too much, Rougie.

Reality time: It's a quick list article full of factual, relevant, and important information about stocks that are benefiting from the spike in oil/gas prices.

Everyone else in the world is NOT you (and fortunately you do not speak on its behalf). Some readers prefer or like to see a little description of what companies do. You don't. Too bad for you.

Publicly traded companies' public (and generally shared) company descriptions are not protected and no credit need be given when used.

From what I can see the article is being well read, and the only one complaining about company descriptions is you. Maybe you should alert Google and Yahoo that we take advantage of the public and unprotected information they provide on their sites.

One last thing: Should writers here create their own stock charts from scratch, too...plotting data in Excel...cell by cell? :)

BW
    Feb 27 08:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Benefiting From Rising Oil Prices [View article]
    Hi Rougemont. I believe what you are referring to is the author's intentional use of abbreviated versions of the companies' respective public descriptions. They came from Google Finance. Are you suggesting that they are inaccurate? I'm not quite sure I understand the purpose of your post.

BW
    Feb 27 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Under $10 With Strong Trends To Watch Next Week [View article]
    Hi Jack. Thanks for the detailed elaboration.

BW
    Feb 27 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Under $10 With Strong Trends To Watch Next Week [View article]
    Hi psmith819. I agree. Odd isn't it? Can you find another one?

BW
    Feb 26 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $100K ETF & ETN Challenge: Daily Log/Updates [View instapost]
    Hi again, Steve. My confidence is the result of years of experience, success, and my ability to compose myself under pressure by completely emotionally detaching myself from any given task at hand. (Don't get me wrong...when I started out trading I got that roller-coaster-type feeling in my stomach quite a bit and was constantly second guessing the actions I was taking and often succumbed to the dreaded "what if I had done this or that" waste of time and energy.) My disciplines and unwillingness to stray from my strategies and second guess myself weren't born overnight. I really don't like to use this analogy, but its much like Tiger Woods' mindset about not even being willing to enter a challenge unless he feels he has the ability to win it all (I am not the Tiger Woods of trading/investing). It really is about being right just a bit more than you are wrong, not wasting time and energy on things that are beyond your control, willingness to leave some on the table, knowing when to cut your losses and NEVER trying to time the market.

To your question about positive thinking- Positive thinking should not be underestimated. I have always done my best to surround myself with positive and intelligent people, put myself in positive situations, and try to envision positive results about any action I take, before they are taken. I also do my best to, in an unbiased manner, understand and appreciate any risk or potential downside to the actions I take, before they are taken.

Hope that was helpful.