Kinetic Investments

View Kinetic Investments' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Dendreon's Q1 Earnings Preview: Meet, Beat, or Miss? [View article]
    Hi Proctorjohn. I agree that the focus should be on revenues and that the stock should move on guidance. The recent increase in short interest is suspect (short interest in DNDN has arguably been suspect for several years). How the stock actually acts, short-term, in the event of "disappointing" earnings is tbd...

Bert
    Apr 29 06:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: Market Seems to Be Anticipating Positive ANCHOR Trial Data [View article]
    Hi rads. It's a biotech with no sales. There are plenty of arguments that would support the notion that it is currently overvalued and plenty to support that it's undervalued... (duh?)

What is your strategy surrounding the upcoming "catalyst" again?

Bert
    Apr 14 09:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi rads. The question was meant or for all, and the entire piece suggests that the market is trading in anticipation of positive phase 3 results.

The only point I was trying to make is that I expect a spike on the news, plan to sell some shares, and then hopefully buy more shortly thereafter at a lower price.

The company has done a fine job at outlining the compound's potential.

This is about trading, isn't it. What's your plan?
    Apr 14 05:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sblackmon - I never said that positive ANCHOR results are baked into the PPS. I just raised the question.

I did suggest that positive data may cause a spike in the PPS, to be followed by a bit of a pullback. I plan to take advantage of both opportunities, should they present themselves.

Bert
    Apr 14 04:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi uh60pin. Yes, as the company has stated, it is still planning on submitting the application this year. Yes, the dyslipidemia market is huge. Yes, most everyone is expecting positive ANCHOR results (and has been for some time).

Bert
    Apr 14 04:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avanir Pharmaceuticals Poised for a Strong New Drug Launch [View article]
    Perhaps you did not see the recent brain injury survey data? There is a link to it in my article.

I wouldn't expect there to be many (or any) PBA related peer reviewed journals whose authors have no affiliation or connection to Avanir. They are the only company to have developed and obtained approval for a drug to specifically treat PBA, which was previously recognized as a condition of unmet medical need. As such, the creation of PBA awareness will be of critical importance to the successful marketing and selling of the drug.

About your AVNR shorting comment... Doesn't every stock become a great short at some point?
    Jan 9 07:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcatel-Lucent Wins Major Contract In China, But Is It Enough? [View article]
    Hi Serge. The idea of government/bank intervention hadn't crossed my mind as a possibility before now, but yes...it would certainly go a long way towards helping the company right the ship.
    Oct 17 07:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alcatel-Lucent Wins Major Contract In China, But Is It Enough? [View article]
    Hi Tim. Raymond James is out today with a report that suggests the stock could triple from here. Perhaps they are counting on a government bailout, too? Is Alcatel-Lucent too big to fail?
    Oct 17 06:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante Has Potential To Double Soon [View article]
    Hi again, dcxavier. The title of the article is

"BioSante Has Potential To Double Soon" --key word being "Soon".

...and this (from the article) pretty much spells it out:

"When you combine a favorable FDA decision with the stock's current technicals, and then factor in the 18.80M share-strong short position as of 01/13/12, you have a recipe for a very strong upward break-out that could turn into a full-blown, multi-day short-squeeze with the potential to take out the $2.01 resistance level and keep going."

Also, are you saying that "Bio-T-Gel and other pipeline products", as you put it, hold no value?

BW
    Feb 6 03:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Objectives Met In The $50k Challenge: 10.3% Return In Less Than 5 Days [View article]
    Thank you, vikas5678!

You can expect much more ETF commentary from me in the future.

Regarding my primary trading strategy, as noted in the first installment of the "$50k Challenge", the endeavor was completely separate from my general portfolio management and pooled asset management so, no, the week long strategy that I devised and implemented for the challenge is not my primary investing/trading strategy.

That is not to say I never buy larger quantities of equities and book profits on smaller price movements, but I certainly would never recommend that as a primary strategy, as it is risky (I've heard it described by others as gut-wrenching) business.

Best,

BW
    Jan 16 11:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't like to rely on rear-looking technical analysis, so I don't really bother much with whatever scanners my trading platforms provide. I use my own scanning software, which was developed by, and is frequently updated by a couple of trusted friends in the IT and programming industries. We call it PRV (precognitive remote viewer).

BW
    Jan 15 11:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi casano55435. Read this:

BW
    Jan 15 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $50K Challenge Update [View instapost]
    Thanks, aspiring_beginner. I am writing the follow up piece with some relatively in depth analysis right now (while watching some football). Hope it gets out tonight or tomorrow morning.

Best,

BW
    Jan 14 05:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The $50,000 Challenge: 10 Picks For A 7.5% Return In One Week [View article]
    Thanks, Rubenov. I may need a little.
    Jan 7 10:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Gold's Correlation With Stocks Mean That It's No Longer A Safe Haven? [View article]
    Very informative. Great read, Sam.

BW