Kofi Bofah

View Kofi Bofah's Comments BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, AMZN, BBY, C, FB, GE, GEX, GM, GRPN, LDK, MO, NKE, NOK, P, SIRI, SPY, USO, VLO, WB, XOM, YELP
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    A lot of people think that Groupon should have just taken the $6 billion offer and cashed out at that time.
    Apr 11 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    And I think that Mason grew up in Pittsburgh - and went to Northwestern. To me, the Midwest begins at the Pennsylvania / Ohio border. Because that is exactly the point where the terrain becomes flat (Drive I-76 Ohio/Penna Turnpike). Pittsburgh is kind of in limbo. It's not Philadelphia. But, it's not Kansas City, either.
    Apr 11 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    Yawn. I also invested and lived through Bubble 1.0. Comparing Web 1.0 to Web 2.0 is like comparing Bay Area 1906 and 1989 earthquakes together. Both events caused damage. Let's not get too caught up in magnitude. And how much confidence can we have in your cash flow "numbers" - with an SEC probe on the table? And I don't want to be too "smart" for my own good. If I am a complete imbecile - who makes things up out of thin air - then I think that I should avoid corporations that are not profitable and force me to rely upon Byzantine accounting calculations to determine their value. Why even bother? I really believe that a toddler could make more money in the stock market then these "experts." This thing is all about common sense, Mister.
    Apr 11 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    No. I think that people in the Midwest are more so down-to-earth and value conscious. People on the coasts are more so into trends and being "cool." Middle America has been trying to be a player in the tech game for some time. Right now, we have Columbus and I-90 (Chicago - Northwest Suburbs). These places are not on par with Silicon Valley, Silicon Alley, Boston 128, and DC/MD/VA (I-270 and I-66) tech hubs. That is just how it is. Maybe it's the weather. I respect Midwest people for valuing hard work and reliability.
    Apr 11 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    There will be survivors. If/When this Web 2.0 thing collapses - good companies will also be taken down in price. That would be a good time for savvy investors to sift through the rubble and pick up value.
    Apr 11 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    This means that - it is highly likely that the share price will fall over time - because there will be an extra supply of shares. If insiders dump their positions en masse - it will be a telling sign.
    Apr 11 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    I write on everything. I have varied interests. That is just me. Google my name. I am everywhere. You guys are funny. As for my website - I fill figure out a way to organize it better - when I get the time. I don't know - maybe having dipped my toe into almost everything can help me be a better investor? Anyway, let's stay on topic here. Whatever you guys think about me - or this article - I don't think that GRPN can generate solid long term returns for shareholders. If anything, there is a high chance that the thing will trend towards zero. I see a Web 2.0 bubble. And I know that many people will be dragged kicking and screaming until the very end. We have already been here - so many times. It seems that these boom and bust markets are just human nature. I blame nobody.
    Apr 10 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    GRPN has a dual class structure for its shares. That will make it even harder for agitated shareholders to push for changes at the top. And the future may prove that some of my claims were off. But, right now, I do not see how anybody can value a corporation with no earnings. My brain says "do not compute." You Groupon cheerleaders must really believe that this corporation can survive all of these challenges and turn a profit, before investors throw in the towel.
    Apr 10 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon On The Road To Bankruptcy [View article]
    I am not sure when the end of the road will occur for Groupon. It could be anywhere between 18-36 months. I think that we are in a Web 2.0 bubble. The market is irrational for these things. In the short term - shares may spike here and there - but I think that the trend will continue towards zero.
    Apr 10 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    Trust me, I have been called much worse. I am like The Terminator at this point in life. People can insult me all they want. Who cares? If I am wrong - then I will make adjustments, move on, and improve.
    Apr 10 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    And all this has come to pass - because Zuckerburg only wanted to do better with the ladies.
    Apr 9 11:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    Big Brother is Watching.
    Apr 9 11:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    We will see. I usually err on the conservative side. It seems that so many things have to go right and fall into place - for Facebook to be a profitable, long-term investment. Because of the demand - this thing will be priced high - and it will have to demonstrate lights-out earnings performance to justify its market capitalization. The Fed is also propping up the market right now - so things could get ugly going forward - if interest rates were to catch up with inflation. Money would then flow out of equities and into bonds - and we can expect lower multiples across the stock market.
    Apr 8 10:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    Yes, I do think that people will fear revealing their true characters on Facebook. And that is a problem for FB - because the company relies upon knowing as much information on its users as possible - to deliver them to advertisers. If this thing is going to be a security concern - it is logical for all of us to maintain bland profiles - or to go a step further and just shut down our Facebook accounts.
    Apr 8 10:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    Should I put a link to this article on my Facebook page - and risk getting banned? That would be really ironic.
    Apr 8 05:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment