Kofi Bofah

View Kofi Bofah's Comments BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, AMZN, BBY, C, FB, GE, GEX, GM, GRPN, LDK, MO, NKE, NOK, P, SIRI, SPY, USO, VLO, WFC, XOM, YELP
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • China Mobile Deal Will Be Big For Apple, But Not That Big [View article]
    Michael Blair appears to be my alter-ego on this website. And we may even be EXACT OPPOSITES in "real life." I think he is a nice guy. But, for some odd reason, we have been on opposing sides of practically every topic on S.A.
    Dec 10, 2013. 03:42 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora: Opening Up A Box Full Of Losses [View article]
    We don't need to make this investment game any more complicated than it is. This stock has fallen from $26 to $8. If you really like this thing - then you need to double down.

Personally, I would avoid Pandora, because it does not suit my style. I am more of a conservative investor. I prefer corporations that are more so established.

I appreciate your commentary - and will work hard to improve my articles over time. I will research more current data. I agree that S-1 figures are dated. When I read through the S-1, I found a treasure trove of information that I took and ran with.
    Apr 26, 2012. 07:38 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Anyone Care About Alternative Energy Anymore? [View article]
    Tough crowd in here as always. I know that alternative energy is a feel-good popular story. But I think that supporters of this sector will be disappointed. A lot of promises were made on the campaign trail that will be impossible to execute. I do not think that alternative energy is a priority in the U.S. right now. The movement may very well gain steam in years to come - just not at this moment.
    Dec 14, 2008. 05:27 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon 'Immobile' - No 3% Yield And No Plans To Form An MLP [View article]
    Good article. I have also been long XOM for several years. One major idea that I think you could have touched upon was the XTO acquisition. That $41 billion deal has yet to pay off. XOM bought XTO at a market top -- for natural gas prices.

I also think that XOM fares relatively well when oil prices are somewhat weak. I think that XOM produces oil at the lowest cost per barrel, out of all of the majors, hence the high return on equity.

I wonder how you feel about Apache (NYSE: APA)?
    Aug 1, 2014. 01:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Memo To Tim Cook: Do Not Split Apple Stock [View article]
    I didn't mean to offend anybody.

A smaller investor can have $1,200 and know that - his $1,200 is still the same, whether he buys 2 shares of AAPL at $600, or 20 shares of AAPL at $60 (after a split).

I do wish that everybody could participate in financial markets. But, I want them to know what they are doing - so they don't lose their shirt - and abandon stocks forever. Nobody wins if people assume that a $600 Apple stock is wildly more "expensive" than Amazon at $230.
    May 1, 2012. 03:56 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Share Price Target: $815 [View article]
    Today, there was that Microsoft investment into Nook. So, this will only heat up competition between iPad and Kindle. AAPL investors may have gotten scared off and decided to take profits.

I think that investors should be patient.

Recognize, that it may take several years for any investment to pay off. If you feel that AAPL is a good business - then you should hold it. If the fundamentals - still look good - it is only a matter of time before the share price catches up. Please understand that a lot of investments can remain buried beneath intrinsic value for years upon years upon years. The stock market is like a bi-polar woman. In the short term, there will be things that she does, which make NO SENSE. But, rest assured, the Truth will come out, eventually.

And maybe, I am just a weirdo.

I actually like it when my investments sit there and do nothing for a while - so I have more time to LOAD up.
    Apr 30, 2012. 02:25 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    We will see. I usually err on the conservative side. It seems that so many things have to go right and fall into place - for Facebook to be a profitable, long-term investment. Because of the demand - this thing will be priced high - and it will have to demonstrate lights-out earnings performance to justify its market capitalization. The Fed is also propping up the market right now - so things could get ugly going forward - if interest rates were to catch up with inflation. Money would then flow out of equities and into bonds - and we can expect lower multiples across the stock market.
    Apr 8, 2012. 10:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Genuine Risk of Collapse? [View article]
    GE? Collapse?

Nov 18, 2008. 11:41 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora: Opening Up A Box Full Of Losses [View article]
    I respect you all for defending your positions. I mean, this is what makes a market. Buyers and sellers coming together. I did get a lot of info from the S-1, but I feel that many of the trends that I described here are continuing to happen. And the fact of the matter is that this stock has fallen from $26 to $8. So...somebody somewhere thinks that P is dead money, for whatever reason.

The equation is simple:

Do you believe that Pandora's advertising revenue can outpace its royalty fees?

Personally, I don't think so. For the simple fact that few of us pay attention to any of the display ads that show up on our phone while we listen to Pandora, anyway.

When it comes to investing, I really don't think that we need to make this thing any more difficult than it already is. My ideas on most investments really can be summarized in one paragraph. If I can't explain myself to a toddler - than I don't want any parts of a position.
    Apr 26, 2012. 07:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Thanks, But No Thanks [View article]
    We all need to take a step back and relax. There seems to be so much anger in this country now. Everybody wants to go on the attack. Maybe a lot of people just need a hug.
    Apr 12, 2012. 12:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Inflation: The Road To Zimbabwe [View article]
    I am not big into TIPs - because their returns are pegged to inflation "data" that understates real, everyday inflation. It seems that our best bet for income - is to screen for multinational corporations that pay solid dividends.
    Apr 1, 2012. 02:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Investors : Web 2.0, Apple, Pandora, And The Boogeyman Should Not Scare You [View article]
    I love this. I will see you all around.
    Sep 28, 2012. 07:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Nook No Threat For Apple iPad [View article]
    We will see what happens. Microsoft is a great company - and maybe I should have toned this article down a bit. I did not mean to come off as angry - or wildly biased. Microsoft has done so much to Revolutionize this World - that I will always respect that company.

I do think that MSFT and AAPL will always be linked. I see the two companies as a Venn Diagram, where the two share some things in common, but have completely divergent cultures.

The choice to invest in either company, is more so a function of your personality and your investment strategy. Neither way is necessarily "right" or "wrong."

At these levels, I see Microsoft as more of a conservative position. The corporation will always rake in cash, but can it grow earnings? If MSFT cannot grow earnings significantly over the long term - then it will trade like a utility. The stock will just sit there and kick out dividends. I think if investors buy Microsoft as a growth story - than they will be disappointed. If investors buy into MSFT, as a stable play, than they will be happy.

I am saying these things because MSFT has had a lot of ideas - that were unceremoniously killed over the years. There is something going on in the culture over there - that is hurting innovation. Without innovation, it is hard to grow profits. If MSFT is just running after market leaders - then their sales will be commoditized.

On the other hand, if AAPL is just a fad, then its shares will collapse. If AAPL can continue to roll out innovation, then its shares will outperform tremendously. Although AAPL does have a stockpile of cash, I still see it more so as a higher risk / higher reward position. If AAPL loses its "halo effect," for any reason, these gaudy profit margins will disappear.

I am still writing and learning. I will take all of you all's concerns into consideration, as I improve (hopefully).
    May 8, 2012. 03:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook IPO Analysis: Zuckerberg Shoots Self In Foot [View article]
    Are you Not Entertained?
    May 8, 2012. 11:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Lumia Is No Apple iPhone Killer [View article]
    Could it be - that maybe - these phones aren't even going after the same market?

I feel that consumers who like the Lumia are after something more practical. Especially at $99.

And, I feel that people who want the iPhone, maybe more so concerned with "image."

I did think about including those thoughts in the article - but this is information that is very hard to quantify. Either way, "Image" = high profit margins. I think that a lot of you people are irate - because you don't understand that some people do things - just to be part of their version of the "in" crowd. And some people do own more than one phone - just to play the part.

Yes, there are people who treat a phone like a handbag, or a man purse, for you gentlemen.
    May 2, 2012. 05:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment