Kraken

View Kraken's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    Agreed. Wall Street is about profits. Einhorn pushing for massive dividends is nice, but it doesn't secure the company's future. It only calms shareholders for the short-term.
    Mar 13, 2013. 03:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    I think the biggest concern for AAPL shareholders is that we just don't know what to expect for the future. The company is still heavily relying on smartphones. We know about the iTV and iWatch, but TV has always been a low margin business, unless Apple has a plan up its sleeves. As for the iWatch, well not much has been said about this.
    Mar 13, 2013. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    Agreed, they have plenty of cash for marketing, R&D, and dividends. I am just saying there is still room for R&D improvement. Do I think Apple will need $20 billion a year for R&D? Absolutely not, but doubling/tripling it is sufficient enough.
    Mar 13, 2013. 03:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    You are right, Samsung does have a lot more products. However, the R&D increases for Samsung seem to be mainly for its smartphone segment.
    Mar 13, 2013. 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    I was using a metric such as battery life, but Samsung phones do seem to be pushing for newer technology such as eye scrolling.
    Mar 13, 2013. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    I apologize, I should have phrased it better. Obviously with a $140 billion+ in cash, the company could easily do both. I meant to say there should be a clear focus on R&D spending. They are very light in R&D spending.
    Mar 13, 2013. 12:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    Unfortunately, Samsung is outspending Apple on marketing as well.

Mar 13, 2013. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Needs To Spend Cash On R&D, Not Special Dividends [View article]
    The amount may vary, but the important information is that the S3 clearly has more battery life. In terms of talk time, Apple has up to 8 hours and S3 has up to 10-12 hours.
    Mar 13, 2013. 11:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Has Little Left To Lose [View article]
    I think that if these Apple articles want to analyze the future, they have to look beyond the iPhone. I am pretty sure Apple has plans for more products.
    Mar 4, 2013. 03:05 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Cash Should Be Used For These Acquisitions Instead [View article]
    Its possible that it may be too hard to manage, but there are ways to ensure management stability. You could keep these companies as subsidiaries under Apple. This would be easier to manage and you wouldn't have a centralized structure.
    Mar 26, 2012. 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Pay A Dividend And Split Its Stock [View article]
    Umm if investors cannot find a way to piece together a $1000 then they shouldn't be investing in the first place. Nobody cares about psychological advantage. Splits are horrible for a company as it encourages trading. The reason why Google and Apple will never do one is that they want to be investments not trading vehicles. Also one stock of Apple at $500 is the same thing as 10 shares at $50. Its the exact same thing.
    Mar 1, 2012. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Stop Trying To Wage A Patent War [View article]
    516589,

You make a very solid point. However, I am not talking about Apple licensing all of its technology. I believe most people commenting misunderstood me. I am only talking about Apple should license its less valuable patents so they can generate a a stronger revenue stream. If Apple were to license these smaller patents, its not like the Apple will all of a sudden fall of a cliff. Its ultimately Apple's decision to license patents and I am sure management is smart enough to know which technology they dont want competitors using.
    Jan 19, 2012. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Should Stop Trying To Wage A Patent War [View article]
    Steve,

Exactly, I understand that Apple is trying to fight competition. However, these companies will find ways to avoid infringing on Apple's patents. Apple could license these patents and this is money that shareholders would see.
    Jan 19, 2012. 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Still A Buy Regardless Of Steve Jobs' Departure [View article]
    Yes I mean't they were making an O/S not the actual tablets. I didn't think Microsoft would actually get that intense into hardware production, lol. I hope you are right about MSFT, as I am a shareholder in the company.
    Aug 24, 2011. 11:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Still A Buy Regardless Of Steve Jobs' Departure [View article]
    Well I mean't Hurd did a good job in terms of taking market share. You are right though he did a lot of cost cutting.
    Aug 24, 2011. 10:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment