Kris Alban

View Kris Alban's Comments BY TICKER:

• 'The Turn' Is Near For Natural Gas Pricing, Buy UGAZ [View article]
    I agree with your points Dallas. Not sure of your time frame, but I look at Nat Gas as a long term play with tremendous upside potential. If anyone wants a real, unbiased view on this - I suggest reviewing science journals rather than investing sites like CNBC or Bloomberg. This article is a great start: http://bit.ly/1D5EQnT
    Feb 6, 2015. 11:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Timing Is Right For Turmoil-Tormented Gran Tierra [View article]
    Manya, every stock has "ifs". One of my principles of investing revolves around identifying the stocks that are trading at a substantial discount due to an overreaction to the "ifs" that the company faces. It is for this reason that I really like this stock.
    Jul 1, 2013. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oversold Calumet Is Still The Top Yielding Energy MLP [View article]
    Yeah, sorry about that dbye. I wrote the article when the stock was at $33 ... I figured the stock would go up due to the large drop and oversold status... but I had no idea that it would turn around that quickly.
    Jun 11, 2013. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oversold Calumet Is Still The Top Yielding Energy MLP [View article]
    Good for you upboston! I was in since $22 but added more when it dropped to $33.50
    Jun 11, 2013. 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oversold Calumet Is Still The Top Yielding Energy MLP [View article]
    Thank you for your suggestion tallguyz. Your comment regarding the "complexities and breadth of this company's offerings" is very vague - please add something to the conversation by elaborating.
    Jun 11, 2013. 01:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Star MLP: Low Priced, High Yield Hi-Crush Partners [View article]
    Good to know Bzl14 - thanks for sharing!
    May 27, 2013. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Star MLP: Low Priced, High Yield Hi-Crush Partners [View article]
    Thanks for the useful tax knowledge Papaone!
    May 27, 2013. 01:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Star MLP: Low Priced, High Yield Hi-Crush Partners [View article]
    Thank you Bucknfl. I wrote the article before the spike, but alas the screening/editing process delayed it until after. I agree that 20 may be difficult without some additional news or another positive revenue report - but I believe that we will be seeing both of these.
    May 27, 2013. 01:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Star MLP: Low Priced, High Yield Hi-Crush Partners [View article]
    Thank you VegasJoe!
    May 27, 2013. 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All-Star MLP: Low Priced, High Yield Hi-Crush Partners [View article]
    Good question Omaha. My accountant handles this, but he told me that it isn't really a big deal. The income thresholds make most states a non-issue for me, but obviously this depends on how many shares you hold. Good responses on this from papaone and bzl14.
    May 27, 2013. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Small-Cap 8x8 Paced For Further Growth [View article]
    Thank you for providing the update Thomas. I wrote the article two weeks ago, but it just happened to go live the day after the recent earnings report so that information was not included. The recent report has definitely strengthened my beliefs though.
    May 24, 2013. 12:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment