KRV

View KRV's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Dividend Reinvestments Will Increase My Cash Flow Over The Coming Year [View article]
    Good article Dave. In volatile times, this real income growth serves as a reassurance of the DGI strategy.
    Aug 31, 2015. 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Long-Term Study: Relative Historical Yield And High-Quality Businesses [View article]
    JNJ now has yield over 3%. Does this alone make it a good buy? I think more factors should be considered as well to ensure valuation is at a relative low levels.
    Aug 15, 2015. 08:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends & Income Digest: 3 'Common' Mistakes Dividend Investors Make, Or Do They? [View article]
    Robyn, Good article. Chasing yield is a sin that I have also pursued and got my fingers burnt, I purposely have my burnt finger 'residue' (without selling yet, at a catastrophic loss on that security) as proof so it serves a constant reminder to me not to do yield chasing ever again. I do have a request for you to consider. It would be useful for the entire DGI community, I believe, for SA to list in one of the data columns in the Portfolio section the current dividend yield of each security as a percentage of 5-year average dividend yield. This info, is one of the key valuation metrics many use and is not readily available elsewhere. If SA could add this, it would be great. Thanks.
    Jul 25, 2015. 12:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chambers Street Properties slides after Gramercy deal; management discusses [View news story]
    Good points, bearness. I think this deal smells of poor managerial and Board judgment. In fact, CSG shareholders should receive at least a 10% premium (arguably 30% premium considering synergies) over the last closing price. I don't understand how CSG's board agreed to these terms with Gramercy. Can they spell "fiduciary negligence"?
    Jul 2, 2015. 08:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Good advice gabby. Thanks for your comment.
    Jun 26, 2015. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Thanks Chowder. I am glad you stopped by to comment on this article.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Valid point, RockinU. I use YOC for tracking purpose. Here's the logic I used: While increasing YOC gives you the assurance that your DGI plan is working, I noticed that it doesn't mean that your dividend income is going up optimally. In the case of UVV, the YOC went up after I purchased it due to dividends getting reinvested but the price appreciation was so much more that I wondered (knowing DG of UVV has been modest) whether the present yield (which determines your dividend income in absolute figures) can be improved upon with another good company with better DG that is perhaps a bit out of favor. That's the principle behind the modified chowder rule. Of course, the assumption is that the exchange is between two equally good companies with equally good prospects for the future. Time will tell if this method works or not, but in this case, but exchanging a 3.6% present yield with 4.94%, you get a stepped-up 1.34% increase in dividend income (even assuming the DG growth rate for both companies are the same going forward). As people rightly caution, this is not something to do often but perhaps occasionally may be worthwhile - again, only time will tell. Thanks for your comment.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Thanks uncle. Interesting perspective.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    rose, you are an inspiration on DGI. Thanks for validating my exchange purchase :-) Maybe we will see in a year whether I made the right decision.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Thanks for your kind words. Interesting to see how people develop their own DGI way.
    Jun 26, 2015. 02:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Mr. Fish does an amazing service to the DGI community.
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Agree. How do you measure quality? For me, the rating on M*/S&P is just one parameter. The industry should have some favorable features and the company's position should be secured by moats, which are again subjective. If you have any specific metrics to measure quality beyond S&P or Jefferson reports, please let me know.
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Thanks. Some great insights are in those interviews.
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Thanks. I enjoyed reading it recently.
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Modified Chowder Rule In DGI Portfolio Decisions [View article]
    Thanks for your valuable comment Dividend Sleuth. Good to see another VTR believer. I loved Ghost Busters, that movie I am told still has a cult following. Maybe that's the real cult, not DGI :-)
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment