Kurt Thorup

View Kurt Thorup's Comments BY TICKER:
  • General Electric declares $0.23 dividend [View news story]
    yawning my way to retirement...
    Dec 12, 2014. 01:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why It's Tough To Be Long DryShips [View article]
    I'm banking on the fact that the summer months are slower and the BDI will rise into the fall. Time will tell if my thoughts are accurate, thanks for the comment
    May 16, 2014. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why It's Tough To Be Long DryShips [View article]
    May 15, 2014. 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Directional Analysis Using The 'Teterboro Index' [View article]
    Thanks Mark! Welcome to the site, hope you like it
    May 9, 2014. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Directional Analysis Using The 'Teterboro Index' [View article]
    Thank you for the comment, I agree that may have a small impact. What we're seeing today with the proliferation of onboard communication is that business aircraft are becoming more of a mobile office increasing productivity & efficiency while still allowing for invaluable face-to-face time.
    May 9, 2014. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Directional Analysis Using The 'Teterboro Index' [View article]
    Thank you for the comment Mitchell. You bring up a number of good points, some of which I had not even considered. I agree it's likely a very dynamic situation.
    May 9, 2014. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Directional Analysis Using The 'Teterboro Index' [View article]
    You could be right and perhaps that accounted for some of it, as I've been traveling to Teterboro since the winter of 2005 and don't recall any training taking place. Certainly isn't a perfect science but I thought the concept was worth introducing. Thank you for the comment
    May 9, 2014. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Directional Analysis Using The 'Teterboro Index' [View article]
    May 9, 2014. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Directional Analysis Using The 'Teterboro Index' [View article]
    That's great Matt! I'll shoot you a PM
    May 9, 2014. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Reasons I Keep Avoiding DryShips [View article]
    QTR, really appreciate your articles. However, go back through the last 4 years and watch what the BDI does in late January and early February. Every year. I'd be really surprised to see the 2's in 2014... otherwise I agree with your analysis.
    Jan 23, 2014. 11:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DryShips Likely To Keep Pulling Back Short-Term [View article]
    The Jan '16 calls are out and have very little time premium. They're starting to look good at these levels... and it gives DRYS two years to get their act together

Feel free to buy some puts but that was a better idea in the high $4's
    Jan 14, 2014. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DryShips: Slowly Sailing Ahead [View article]
    Thank you for the response. If an investor understands and accepts the risks you mentioned, I believe there is a place for DRYS in many portfolios.
    Dec 22, 2013. 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DryShips: Slowly Sailing Ahead [View article]
    Ramisle,
    I always appreciated your comments on dry bulk, they obviously come from vast experience in this area. That being said, don't you agree that we're seeing positive signs, especially for DRYS? At somepoint the trend over the last couple years will have to end, right?
    Dec 22, 2013. 08:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell DryShips And Consider A Real Dry Shipping Stock [View article]
    DryShips has 24 Panamax with almost all on spot pricing, and 10 Capesize with two of it's lowest rate period charters coming due in 2014 for redeployment. They have a larger fleet and more diverse earnings (read: safety net) in ORIG. These are positives in my eyes.
    Sep 25, 2013. 06:18 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boeing (BA) -2% AH after a 787 flown by Japan Airlines makes an unscheduled landing at Boston's Logan Airport. The FAA says a maintenance message indicator pointed to a fuel pump problem, and that the landing was "a precautionary measure." Shares fell on Friday after a 787 caught fire at London's Heathrow Airport. [View news story]
    Investors and the flying public are ultra sensitive to any issues with the 787 right now. If you only knew how many mechanical writeups, deferrals, delays, diversions and precautionary landings happened daily on Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer equipment as well as Boeing, it may put this into perspective.
    Jul 18, 2013. 10:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment