View as an RSS Feed
View Kyle Spencer's Articles BY TICKER:
Apple's Tax Bill Is About To Get Much, Much Bigger
- The European Commission has announced that it will launch a formal investigation into Apple's tax arrangements in Ireland.
- The Commission's investigation is part of a global crackdown on multinational corporations launched by the OECD and endorsed by the G20 known as the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Action.
- The adoption of tax harmonization rules by the majority of European states would effectively eliminate the most profitable opportunities for cross-border tax arbitrage regardless of US adoption.
- Depending on Apple's capital allocation strategy, BEPS has the potential to be either a windfall or a significant hit for Apple investors in the mid term.
Apple Outspends Google On Acquisitions In 2013
- Apple has significantly increased its M&A spend over the last five quarters, topping Google for the first time in 2013 ($1.61 bn vs. $1.45 bn, adjusted).
- These acquisitions cover a wide range of technologies, notably indoor GPS, maps/navigation, predictive search, health-tracking, infrared motion-sensing/3D scanning, video data compression, and low-power wireless radio technology.
- This surge in M&A activity, combined with a renewed HR push by Apple indicates that the company intends to release multiple new product categories in 2014.
- Ukraine Is The Key To Putin's Eurasian Union
- Samsung And PayPal Declare War On Apple
- Apple Is Building A Mobile Payments Platform To Rival PayPal
- Can Microsoft Fire Bill Gates?
- Apple's R&D Spend Points To Multiple New Products Exiting The Pipeline
- Apple: Buy The Dip And Go Long The 2014 Product Cycle
- Herbalife: Time To Hold Or Fold?
- Apple Roars Into A Chinese New Year
- Silicon Valley Embraces Bitcoin While Central Banks Circle The Wagons
- Apple Bears Throw In The Towel
- Is Bitcoin A Threat To Western Union?
- Wall Street Doesn't Understand Bitcoin Yet, But It Will
- Apple's Italian Tax Woes Are Just The Tip Of The Iceberg
- A Microsoft Spin-Off May Be In The Cards Regardless Of CEO Pick
- Twitter Likely To Fall By 25% Due To Legacy Expenses
- How Apple Won The War For Education
- The Magpies Of India: How The Cash For Gold Market Came To Dominate The World's Oldest Democracy
- 10 Catalysts That Are Paving The Way For Apple $700
- Worried About Default Risk? Ask Santa For Options
- The U.S. Defaulted On Its Debt In 1979, And The Results Weren't Pretty
- A Sneak Peek Inside Apple's R&D Lab
- Warren Buffett On Ben Graham's Biggest Mistake
- Winners And Losers In A World Without Cookies
- Apple: Inside Icahn's Indecent Proposal
- The New Duopoly?
- Google Decoded: A Visual Tour Of Mountain View's Balance Sheet
- U-Haul's Crowdfunding Model For DIY Investing: Interview With AMERCO's Jim Shoen
- Think Pink! How American Women Will Make Or Break Corporate Earnings Over The Next Decade
- Yahoo Acquires PlayerScale, Expands Empire Into Gaming
- Yahoo LEAPS: Like Stealing Babies From A Candy Store