Larry House

View Larry House's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Coca-Cola: An Updated Outlook [View article]
    I took a small position in KO yesterday (5/27) before seeing this article. We'll see how it goes.
    May 28, 2015. 08:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Precious Metal Play Of The Decade [View article]
    Your points are good, johnnyvegas1968. Nothing will save us if we don't need good companies that offer needed products. Most people would agree that stocks will face a sharp correction at some point--just a matter of when that is. Chances are great that at some point the positive outlook for silver will come about as well--just a question of when. Meanwhile, diverse allocation requires some precious metals and/or miners. Cover all bases and hope for the best.
    May 26, 2015. 11:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Cash Is King [View article]
    Only in the very most aggressive allocation model would there be little to no cash. Cash should be in the portfolio as a part of allocation and adjusted/maintained as necessary to keep it at the determined level with the intent to take profits and raise cash in an objective manner as prices move higher, and then there is cash to invest when prices are more attractive again.
    May 18, 2015. 06:06 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Asset Allocation Update [View article]
    Useful info.
    May 4, 2015. 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hope Is Not A Strategy, Before Investing Have A Precise Calculation Of Return In Mind [View article]
    I think a risk assessment comes before potential returns--and just may preclude any possible returns.
    May 3, 2015. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mr. Market Is Trying To Send Us A Message About Omega Healthcare [View article]
    I think it is "Mrs. Market," not Mr. And she is a widow.
    May 1, 2015. 11:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Stocks And Bonds Might Both Rally 20% [View article]
    Yep, you are right. Stocks may go up, and they may go down. Profound.
    May 1, 2015. 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Barrick Gold: A Contrarian Point Of View [View article]
    This piece must have been a labor or love! I am in awe of the scope of your analysis. I have owned ABX at times, and I do think it is a reasonable speculation as a long-term (many years) hold. However, I prefer a basket of miners rather than owning one or two. Thanks again for this massive piece.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VALE-P Is My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands [View article]
    I harvested my profit in VALE last Friday. I think it continues to be a reasonable speculation, but I am concerned when a stock takes off without a turn in the fundamentals, including demand. Time will tell.
    Apr 27, 2015. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For The Market's Collapse [View article]
    Interesting wake up call. A little preparation in a lot of areas can pay great dividends. As the song says, "A country boy can survive."
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Time It's Different [View article]
    Enjoyed the piece. Concerns: 1) strong dollar; 2) lackluster (at best) S&P earnings; 3) declining revenues for so many companies; 4) nothing better for companies to do than buy their own stock. The Little Train That Could is chugging up the hill but struggling.
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Gold's Bull Market (That's Right, Bull Market) Means For Miners [View article]
    I think you have the right approach, fishfryer. I also like AUY if one is of strong constitution!
    Apr 12, 2015. 10:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Flee To Safety With Dividend Growth Stocks [View article]
    "Stocks and safety" do not go together. You are proposing something that does not exist, and it is dangerous opinion for novice investors who may believe you. "Cannot lose the principle but have some upside potential"? What planet are you on? That does not describe investing in equities or bonds. What was your "safe" holding in 2008? I don't recognize the investment world you are talking about.
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:22 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Economy: Boom! Boom. Boom? [View article]
    You say the recovery of the 1990s was based on fundamentals. You say the present recovery it most like the 1990s. There is NO WAY the present is a recovery based on fundamentals! This is a Fed driven recovery pure and simple. I am sorry, but your "case" failed from the moment your logic went south. We are on an easy money "high" that threatens the fundamental economy in every way. Our economy (and the world economy) is living on a one-foot ledge above a bottomless ravine. Just the way you like it?
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:13 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q1 GDP At 0% Growth - When Will The Markets Wake Up? (Audio) [View article]
    Tell us something we don't know.
    Apr 4, 2015. 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment