Larry House

View Larry House's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Barrick Gold: A Contrarian Point Of View [View article]
    This piece must have been a labor or love! I am in awe of the scope of your analysis. I have owned ABX at times, and I do think it is a reasonable speculation as a long-term (many years) hold. However, I prefer a basket of miners rather than owning one or two. Thanks again for this massive piece.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VALE-P Is My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands [View article]
    I harvested my profit in VALE last Friday. I think it continues to be a reasonable speculation, but I am concerned when a stock takes off without a turn in the fundamentals, including demand. Time will tell.
    Apr 27, 2015. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing For The Market's Collapse [View article]
    Interesting wake up call. A little preparation in a lot of areas can pay great dividends. As the song says, "A country boy can survive."
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Time It's Different [View article]
    Enjoyed the piece. Concerns: 1) strong dollar; 2) lackluster (at best) S&P earnings; 3) declining revenues for so many companies; 4) nothing better for companies to do than buy their own stock. The Little Train That Could is chugging up the hill but struggling.
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Gold's Bull Market (That's Right, Bull Market) Means For Miners [View article]
    I think you have the right approach, fishfryer. I also like AUY if one is of strong constitution!
    Apr 12, 2015. 10:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Flee To Safety With Dividend Growth Stocks [View article]
    "Stocks and safety" do not go together. You are proposing something that does not exist, and it is dangerous opinion for novice investors who may believe you. "Cannot lose the principle but have some upside potential"? What planet are you on? That does not describe investing in equities or bonds. What was your "safe" holding in 2008? I don't recognize the investment world you are talking about.
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:22 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Economy: Boom! Boom. Boom? [View article]
    You say the recovery of the 1990s was based on fundamentals. You say the present recovery it most like the 1990s. There is NO WAY the present is a recovery based on fundamentals! This is a Fed driven recovery pure and simple. I am sorry, but your "case" failed from the moment your logic went south. We are on an easy money "high" that threatens the fundamental economy in every way. Our economy (and the world economy) is living on a one-foot ledge above a bottomless ravine. Just the way you like it?
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:13 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q1 GDP At 0% Growth - When Will The Markets Wake Up? (Audio) [View article]
    Tell us something we don't know.
    Apr 4, 2015. 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fear Is Saying Short SPY Now [View article]
    Is this a "mine is bigger than yours" contest? Let me tell you I am up 3% this year and am mighty proud of it!
    Apr 3, 2015. 07:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Lost Decade For Performance Coming? [View article]
    Hi, Roger. I thought you might dig into some specifics on allocating for 10 lean years. A little generic in approach, but I always read and enjoy your posts. Nothing beats a balanced allocation appropriate for the investor and tweak it as necessary. Let the next decade come
    Apr 3, 2015. 10:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy Gold Now, Wait Until It's Under $1,000 [View article]
    Don't complicate the idea. If you are waiting for a certain price or certain circumstances to buy precious metals, they won't happen. Just own the metals to the degree you are comfortable and let time and events take their course. Do you wait until a storm is coming to get home insurance? This isn't rocket science.
    Apr 3, 2015. 10:20 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Back To Basics: Diversified Buy And Hold Portfolios [View article]
    Interesting read. I have been a fan of El-Erian and Arnot for years. PASDX is a core holding to insure broad diversification.
    Mar 30, 2015. 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Fair Value Of $38+ And Dividend Yield Approaching 4% Make An Investment In GE A No-Brainer [View article]
    ModernGraham puts the net value of GE at less than $10 per share. Someone is off.
    Mar 29, 2015. 07:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And Silver Surging In Euro And Yen [View article]
    No contrary thought here--just don't know if we are going to live long enough to see gold and silver really shine!
    Mar 26, 2015. 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford Shares Offer Income, Growth, And Value [View article]
    Selling great vehicles is such a mass dog fight there is little bone for each dog! Also, the rate of economic growth necessary for F to excel is no where to be seen. I like the company and love my F-150, but the stock seems lackluster to me, unfortunately.
    Mar 25, 2015. 07:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment