Larry House

View Larry House's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Two Moves to Make as the Fed Inflates the Commodities Bubble [View article]
    Very useful article--sound advice.
    Jul 2 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Market Skepticism: Lehman et al. [View article]
    It's "separate" and "skeptical." Spell checkers are wonderful.
    Jun 30 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Losing All Their Blue Chips [View article]
    Soooooooooooo!
    Jun 30 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sometimes a Bear Is Just a Bear [View article]
    There is absolutely nothing about our current situation that is "textbook." We have never before had the confluence of high energy prices, inflation in general, collapsing house values, consumers over their heads in debt, opaque financial institutions, money supply out of control, rising taxes, etc., etc., as we have today. Buyer of this attitude beware!
    Jun 27 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Portfolio Planning and the Lost Decade [View article]
    Very interesting article and right on. Every investor (as opposed to the trader) should heed this insight. I know many pre-retirees NEED higher returns, but the fact is we are in a time of moderate to low average returns from the U. S. stock market. With the outlook for stock market returns in the 5-7% range, it is absolutely essential that a new allocation model be considered for greater return and lower risk. Great article.
    Jun 13 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calling a Bottom Here [View article]
    Two points: There is more than oil that is killing the economy, and it isn't just a question of how much further the stock market might fall; it is also how much upside is there. What is there that could push the market significantly higher with all the issues overhead? The market is still in a confirmed down trend, and buying anything right now is trying to catch the proverbial falling knife. "Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread." Wait until the down trend is actually broken. There will be plenty of opportunities to make money then at much less risk.
    Jun 13 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Just Your Average Bear Market [View article]
    I am sorry, but this MAY be anything but an average bear market. Many, many experts are pointing out that there are forces at work (deleveraging of financials, strain on consumer, housing collapse, etc.) that are creating the perfect storm now unlike it has ever happened before. Sure, NO ONE can know for sure now, but is never hurts to keep in mind the worst that can happen as well as the best.
    Jun 12 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bond Expert: Wednesday Wrap [View article]
    I noticed that high yield bonds declined today. Would that be because investors were just shedding as much risk as possible today? Would appreciate any insights.
    Jun 11 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean: Drilling For Profits [View article]
    I purchased a few shares of RIG this morning when I saw it was down over $2. I have the same thought about buying more if it dips further. I can't think of a better way to play oil than with the leading driller.
    Jun 10 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raymond James Analysts: Be Selective When Choosing Gold Stocks [View article]
    Can someone explain why AUY would not be in that group of better mining stocks? From what I understand, it would fit the stated criteria as well. What am I missing?
    Jun 10 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Fed Won't Tighten - So SHY's a Buy [View article]
    I hope you are right. I have increased my bond allocation through 2009, holding individual corporate bonds to maturity.
    Jun 10 12:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Larry Kudlow and Interest Rates [View article]
    I couldn't agree with you more. Where or where is any fix for our economic problems in the next many months? Author Harry S. Dent is predicting a crash in 2010. I think it is closer than that. I too am very concerned about individuals who are counting on stocks to do well to fund retirement, etc. I know someone can always paint a silver lining on everything, but I sure don't see one now. Courage.
    Jun 10 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preparing for the Fall [View article]
    Pilar, the stock market is not right for everyone. There are no "sure winners," and the market always scares investors. What would it take for you to be "sure" and buy stocks? I am very cautious of this market, so I am taking a conservative approach. I will post some ideas on what I am doing--just as food for thought--not as a sure plan.
    Jun 6 10:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bets On A U.S. Recession Receding [View article]
    I think today's stock market action is saying you are wrong on no recession. We are in for a rocky economic future, I am afraid.
    Jun 6 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hecla Mining: Best Valued Silver Producer [View article]
    I would rather have the silver in hand than own any potential in the ground.
    Jun 3 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment