Larry Meyers

View Larry Meyers' Comments BY TICKER:
  • The CFPB Is Not Armageddon, So Buy These Stocks [View article]
    I believe the CFPB is revealing its true colors and will be hostile to the industry. As such, I refer you to my new article:

Apr 8 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QC Holdings: Acquisition Target At 161% Premium [View article]
    First, be aware that the CFPB request is limited to WRLD only. The CFPB is likely examining the company's use of credit insurance, where the company will need to defend its marketing practices (I cannot speak to those practices). It may also be looking into the way in which WRLD charges interest ("Rule of 72's" vs straight line), which is perfectly legal.

This has nothing to do with payday lenders at all.
    Mar 14 01:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Investment Opportunity With 50%-Plus Potential: World Acceptance Corp. [View article]
    I don't understand your question.
    Mar 14 01:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QC Holdings: Acquisition Target At 161% Premium [View article]
    Totally different. That's a Canadian regulatory issue.
    Mar 11 01:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QC Holdings: Acquisition Target At 161% Premium [View article]
    They've been dead for some time. The question is who buys their storefronts.
    Mar 9 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QC Holdings: Acquisition Target At 161% Premium [View article]
    I only scanned the earnings. The goodwill write-off seems larger than I anticipated. I'm not certain how this reflects on the value of the canadian internet operation.
    Mar 6 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QC Holdings: Acquisition Target At 161% Premium [View article]
    Thank you for your note.
    Mar 4 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 33% Upside To This Overlooked Specialty Financier [View article]
    Rob, you have no credibility considering you make useless ad hom posts.

Let's see, I put my name on all my articles. I assert a thesis.

Sometimes I'm right. Funny, Rob is nowhere to be found.
    Sometimes I'm wrong. Rob the Troll appears! Funny how that works.

So, Rob, when you get around to having written 1000 articles on stocks over ten years, and putting your name on every one, let's see how YOUR track record is. Let's see, oh, you've written ZERO. Takes courage.
    Feb 25 03:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Regal Cinemas: The Only Way To Invest In Movies [View article]
    And what was your take on management?
    Feb 18 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding The Alternative Finance Sector Through Gary Rivlin's 'Broke, USA': Part 1 - Competitive Advantages [View article]
    Hi Charles,
    I would look to published studies and the CFSA website for better information.
    Jan 31 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    What a shame that you chose Rivlin's dishonest hatchet job to reference. The guy went from company to company pretending to be a fair and balanced journalist, simply so he could get quotes designed to vilify all involved.

Your article is otherwise terrific, but all the information you collected was readily available without offering free publicity to this dishonest muckraker.
    Jan 31 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Bet Against Netflix [View article]
    It isn't REVENUE that matters. For starters, annual revenue is only $1 billion. The question is whether the company has any money left over as cash flow or earnings.
    Jan 25 03:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Bet Against Netflix [View article]
    it isn't REVENUE that needs to keep pace. It's cash flow. And it is even close.
    Jan 23 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Bet Against Netflix [View article]
    Questions:

NFLX generated $112MM in operating profit this entire year.
    It has $1.2 billion of cash on hand.
    It has $7.3 billion in content obligations.
    How is it going to pay for all that content?

The $112MM in operating profit comes with DVD segment declining -- now off 50% in two years -- and it's the higher margin product (50% vs. streaming 20%). Just how many more subs, even at increased cost, will it take to make up for and then surpass the DVD contribution as that segment declines?
    Jan 23 01:01 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment