Larry Meyers

View Larry Meyers' Comments BY TICKER:
  • The 3 Safest High-Yielding Investments You've Never Heard Of [View article]
    dm,
    If I owned every single stock I wrote about or was bullish on, I'd be running a mutual fund with 600 holdings. Also, my own personal portfolio allocation shifts regularly, so while I may not hold a stock I write about at the time or initiate a position within 72 hours of writing, I may at a later date.
    Feb 3, 2012. 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 3 Safest High-Yielding Investments You've Never Heard Of [View article]
    Thanks for all your comments, folks. jbzw -- I am very high on AHT, both common and preferred.
    Jan 31, 2012. 06:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Payday Lenders Offer Big Upside, Despite Regulatory Hurdles [View article]
    Thanks for the compliment, Ryan. We get flack because of the loony consumer activists who don't understand economics, and think the product is "unfair", and from the public that just eats up whatever the media feeds them.

Are you by any chance in need of capital? If so, PM me.
    Jan 29, 2012. 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Payday Lenders Offer Big Upside, Despite Regulatory Hurdles [View article]
    Brad, I do not see the dividend being raised. I think AEA wants to generate cash so it can be ready to move back into the states if the situation warrants.
    Jan 29, 2012. 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Payday Lenders Offer Big Upside, Despite Regulatory Hurdles [View article]
    Correct on all counts.
    Jan 28, 2012. 02:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Payday Lenders Offer Big Upside, Despite Regulatory Hurdles [View article]
    Thanks, Alan.
    Jan 27, 2012. 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Netflix On A Suicide Mission? [View article]
    And Rocco, even if you eliminate virtually every other great argument you make, the most basic problem with Netflix comes down to money.

Streaming costs a fortune to license content. Netflix doesn't have, and never will have, the deep pockets of its competitors.
    Jan 27, 2012. 12:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Payday Lenders Offer Big Upside, Despite Regulatory Hurdles [View article]
    Brad, it appears this acquisition is of FirstAgain, which offers unsecured loans of $7500 to $100,000 to "super-prime borrowers". So they really aren't a payday lender. I doubt any bank would buy into a payday lender. In fact, I know they won't. As it is, I could only get one bank to provide a credit line to me for a 100% SECURED deal involving payday. They fear "reputation risk".

But this sort of unsecured credit line is pretty common and it makes good business sense.

The online model is completely and totally different from storefront. Once the gold rush ended, and the foolish lost everything, the survivors have made a very strong go of it, and have taken from 15-20% market share away from the storefronts. This, coupled with storefront saturation, is why you are seeing flat revenue across payday segments for both monoline and multiline operators.
    Jan 27, 2012. 01:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • At Least Not Every Netflix Analyst Is Certifiably Insane [View article]
    I think you ignore Rocco at your own peril.
    Jan 26, 2012. 07:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Payday Lenders Offer Big Upside, Despite Regulatory Hurdles [View article]
    Thanks for the compliment, Brad.
    Jan 26, 2012. 06:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Case For Sirius XM, And How To Buy It With Less Risk [View article]
    Thanks for the compliment, mja449.
    Jan 25, 2012. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Case For Sirius XM, And How To Buy It With Less Risk [View article]
    Liberty is so big with so many assets it practically is a mutual fund. So we certainly agree on that!
    Jan 24, 2012. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Case For Sirius XM, And How To Buy It With Less Risk [View article]
    You're welcome. I found your analysis to be exceptional. I've followed Liberty and Malone for a very long time. He is not a stupid man. The DTV deal had a purpose and everyone won. I believe the same will be true of SIRI.
    Jan 24, 2012. 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Case For Sirius XM, And How To Buy It With Less Risk [View article]
    Yes, I think you are on to something. SIRI has struggled for some time, but it seems like they've turned the corner, and once that happens, it is a very good business that generates solid cash.
    Jan 24, 2012. 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX: The Bull Case Doesn't Add Up [View article]
    $2.8 billion is gross box office.
    IMAX screens only make up about 10% of total global screens, so now you're at $280MM.
    And IMAX gets 10-15% of box office from movies shown on their screens. Thus, $28MM.

Yeah, the NFLX story is more complicated than that. May I suggest you read over Rocco Pendola's articles on NFLX? He has really done a superb job on that story.
    Jan 17, 2012. 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment