Larry Meyers

View Larry Meyers' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Creating the Perfect Portfolio: Large Cap Growth Stocks [View article]
    Well, to all my critics....we'll find out in ten years.

Augustom, I've got no problems with CAT or TEX, but I prefer to hold companies I understand more than ones I don't.

Pershing83, if all you are going to do is show up and complain, do us a favor and troll elsewhere. Otherwise, do your own series of articles on YOUR perfect portfolio so we can bust your balls as well. I have the guts to put my thesis out there publicly. You just throw darts from the shadows as a commenter with 16 comments and zero articles.
    Jul 7 02:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advance America: A Value Play, Not a Trap [View article]
    Certainly in the realm of possibility.
    Jul 5 01:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Profit From Public and Private Alternative Investments [View article]
    Entirely depends on the company itself. You'll need to go to their IR dept.
    Jul 3 06:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    Making constructive contributions to the discussion as usual, I see. Troll elsewhere.
    Jul 1 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Widely Held Losers to Ditch and 2 to Buy [View article]
    6% growth? Hey, if that floats your boat, go for it.
    Jul 1 01:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coinstar: Anything Is Possible [View article]
    Did you ever wonder how Coinstar machines end up in the stores in the first place? Do you think they just drop them in there for free? Hello! Coinstar pays the location owners. Whatever Coinstar offers cannot cut into the stores' own sales and margins, that's correct. But ANY product that makes economic sense for both sides is a product that will end up in a kiosk. And there are an infinite number of products. In addition, lower margin products could get shuttled into kiosks, opening up shelf space for higher margin products. If anything, that's a boon to the stores.
    Jun 30 08:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coinstar: Anything Is Possible [View article]
    Seriously? I should care because one oversight in an article makes you "discount" the entire analysis? Go troll somewhere else.
    Jun 30 02:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advance America: A Value Play, Not a Trap [View article]
    Wrong. You don't understand the payday lending landscape. States that closed to payday lending can, and likely will, open up again, creating new domestic growth opportunity. In addition, Canada is the next land grab, followed by ample expansion possibility in the UK and Eastern Europe.
    Jun 30 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advance America: A Value Play, Not a Trap [View article]
    Sorry, but you are dead wrong. The student loan issue has nothing whatsoever to do with cash advances to working people. If anything, the credit card crunch -- the restriction of credit to people -- will HELP payday lenders.

Preserving capital? Huh? You really need to study up.
    Jun 29 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advance America: A Value Play, Not a Trap [View article]
    Nope. They have much more room to run. The pawn expansion in Mexico is just beginning.
    Jun 27 02:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Comprehensive Scorecard for Citron Research [View article]
    I think one reason he is striking out is because, in today's internet world, people can rebut him instantly and effectively. You'll notice he's moved almost entirely out of US stocks and to Chinese stocks, which probably have more volatility he can exploit.
    Jun 27 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advance America: A Value Play, Not a Trap [View article]
    To be honest, if you want a more compelling play, I would look to EZPW and FCFS, because their pawn operations are where the money truly is at.
    Jun 27 03:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX: The Bull Case Doesn't Add Up [View article]
    5% of gross = 5% of $68MM = $3.4MM.
    Of that, IMAX gets -- what, 15%?
    $510,000?

This is supposed to be the big recurring revenue generator for the company?

I rest my case.
    Jun 27 03:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Amgen Is a Sell and Teva Is a Buy Now [View article]
    Oh wait, that would imply that you actually write articles. Quite a portfolio you got there.

And how'd that call on shorting AXP work out? Oh, it didn't. Up 3 fold since your "recommendation".

Troll elsewhere.
    Jun 24 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Amgen Is a Sell and Teva Is a Buy Now [View article]
    Do you have anything better to do than bust my balls? Do you want me to start trolling your articles for oversights, too?
    Jun 24 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment