Larry Meyers

View Larry Meyers' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Find Stable Fixed Income With Preferred Stocks [View article]
    Yes, you are correct. I did note that they would call a pfd if it meant saving more interest than the expense of calling the pfd,which can also occur if the price is below par.
    Jun 11 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Find Stable Fixed Income With Preferred Stocks [View article]
    Yes, the concern with the hotel REITs is their liquidity. Keep an eye on hotel RevPAR. If it starts to drop, that may be a signal to bail to be conservative. That's why I suggest going for stable companies. I think JPM has some decent yielding preferreds. I'm not worried about them.
    Jun 10 07:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    www.deadline.com/2011/.../

More coming...
    Jun 10 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    I've been alive longer than you, and in the entertainment industry since before you were born.

Yes, indeed, thank you Motley Fool:

www.fool.com/investing...
    Jun 10 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    Because your post is loaded with statistical evidence?
    Jun 10 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Find Stable Fixed Income With Preferred Stocks [View article]
    Not familiar with them.
    Jun 10 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Find Stable Fixed Income With Preferred Stocks [View article]
    I made that point in the article. Once there is yield competition, it's time to reallocate. That time, however, is not now.
    Jun 10 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    Thank you for your comment.
    Jun 10 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Find Stable Fixed Income With Preferred Stocks [View article]
    You should take a much closer look at AHT. Hotel REITs are not about profit. They are about FFO. AHT is an excellent manager of capital and was one of the few REITs to survive the downturn with an intact balance sheet.
    Jun 10 09:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    IMAX is not innovating.
    Jun 9 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    Franklin,
    On the contrary, I said the global market is limited. If you have a bull case, then offer specifics on the "potential of the global market". Right now, that's just a vague statement.

I already said IMAX can never be the standard because real estate limitations prevent it.
    Jun 9 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    Give the article a closer read. I never mentioned box office. I said volume of admissions. It's very different. Admissions -- the number of actual tickets purchased -- is down YOY. The movie industry in not growing. It is contracting, and will continue to do so until content improves.
    Jun 9 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    You seem to forget that you can install as many theatres as you want, but as long as the content stinks, rev-share will decline.
    Jun 9 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    I have been in the entertainment industry since before you were born, Sonny.
    Jun 9 07:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    Many new theaters constructed worldwide? Really? How many? Where? When? Give me specifics, otherwise its just wild speculation.
    Jun 9 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment