Larry Meyers

View Larry Meyers' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • This Start-Up Is The Short Sell Signal For Diet Stocks [View article]
    Povoro, there is a wallet sized chart you can take with you. But after two weeks, I had memorized everything simply by repetition.

APL1215 -- I understand why you might feel threatened as a WTW shareholder in hearing this news. WTW is a diet and 96% of dieters fail. The company is always trying to motivate? It shouldn't have to try to motivate. LifeSize doesn't require motivation.
    Sep 19, 2012. 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Start-Up Is The Short Sell Signal For Diet Stocks [View article]
    Why don't you tell us why?
    Sep 18, 2012. 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 More Dividend-Paying Stocks To Hold Forever And Then Some [View article]
    Thanks for the compliment!
    Jul 23, 2012. 03:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DGSE Offers A Gold Play Without Gold's Volatility [View article]
    The company reported inventory issues that date back to 2006, when it merged with a slippery operation known as Superior Galleries. An internal forensic audit is currently underway and, perhaps connected to this, two members of management have resigned or been let go.

The key is that this has to do with inventory and it goes back six years. My guess is there were sticky fingers that lifted inventory at Superior during or just after the merger.

This will likely have no bearing whatsoever on the company's cash position or its debt covenants, or any of its ongoing business, which is now heavily concentrated in gold buying/selling. The fact that NTR now owns a majority stake means they will throw whatever liquidity is necessary if any is actually necessary.
    Jul 18, 2012. 03:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    Goalkick,
    Thanks for the heads up. It shows that the SA audience has plenty of great additions to writer thoughts. I'll be more diligent on these liabilities in the future.
    Jul 12, 2012. 01:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    Thank you.
    Jul 12, 2012. 01:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    What responsibility, TAS? I've addressed the issue in as much depth, if not more so, than any other SA writer.
    Jul 12, 2012. 01:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    Look for my "Forever Hold" weekly stock articles starting this week.
    Jul 8, 2012. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Buckle: King Of Clothing Retailers Blows Away Competitors [View article]
    Thanks for that addition. What could be better than a CEO whose interests are that aligned with shareholders???
    Jul 8, 2012. 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Buckle: King Of Clothing Retailers Blows Away Competitors [View article]
    Oh, please don't apologize. It's a totally reasonable question. You actually inspired me to address it in another post.

Jul 8, 2012. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    TAS, exactly wrong, and here's why. Our reputation stands on it, which is even more valuable than actual capital invested. If I'm repeatedly proven wrong in my picks, if my analysis doesn't hold water, than I lose viewers.

Jul 8, 2012. 06:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    Exactly. And yet, it's still a monopoly.
    Jul 8, 2012. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Required Holdings For Any Fixed Income Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for the heads-up. What would you suggest?
    Jul 8, 2012. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Imax Has a Collapse in Its Future [View article]
    You guys crack me up. I never said SHORT NOW!!! I said:

"How is this actionable?

IMAX is a short. The challenge for investors looking to short the company is *when* [emphasis mine] to initiate that short. The key is to watch for:

Company estimates on the total possible installed base of systems remaining static.
    Contract cancellations (two theatre chains make up 17% of their revenue).
    New gimmicks.
    Continued drop-off in volume of box office admissions, coupled with increased streaming numbers at companies like Netflix (NFLX).
    Continuous quarters of cash flow decrease. We just started seeing decreasing cash flow in the trailing 12 months, from $29 MM in Q2 2010 to a $10MM negative cash flow in Q1 of this year."
    Jul 6, 2012. 02:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Time To Short Gold? [View article]
    Yes, Randle, I agree. The real gold play is the pawnshops, and there is room for significant upside with much less risk and volatility. Hence why I am long FCFS and EZPW.
    Jul 3, 2012. 12:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment