Larry Smith

View Larry Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks for the nice comment Mark. since the trade was made YHOO is up about 11% while AAPL is up about 5.5%. So, so far so good. I noticed there was an article yesterday that said tablet sales will be less than forecast, although AAPL will still have dominant shareI don't see much gortwh in phones or tablets, but I do see I am confident YHOO will do well up to the Alibaba IPO, at that point we will have to see what Mayer has done with he core business.

Good luck to you, you have a great gain in AAPL, congratulations.
    Mar 8 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, grox0, I obviously disagree or I wouldn't have sold AAPL and bought YHOO.
    Feb 10 06:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks for the comment jarco, some people seem to dislike the user interface, I am sure yahoo will hear from users and hopefully listen. I use Yahoo Finance everyday and I have not noticed any changes.
    Feb 4 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    One thing I know about investing, never care what someone else is doing. Carl Icahn has had winners and losers.

Apple is working on a lot of things, so are many other companies. You like Apple, I have no problem with that, but never fall in love with an investment.
    Feb 4 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    DanoX, I agree with that. I heard/read a story that said Apple was talking to cable companies about offering a menu type service, pick only the channels you want. Cable companies would not go for it. They are not interested in Apple treading on their ground.
    Feb 4 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thank you gontiveros, appreciate the comment. I agree with your thoughts.
    Feb 4 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Don't buy high and sell low, thanks for that. How about naming some of the reasons why a person should buy and hold Apple.

I expect Yahoo to perform just fine.
    Feb 3 08:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Yep, you caught me, I was trying to trick people.
    Feb 3 08:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Yes, that was a mistake, I tend to pronounce her name " my your", instead of "may er", which is why I misspelled it. In replying to some comments I did use Mayer, need to slow down the fingers.
    Feb 3 07:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    "My son's account is not or trading, but investing." Thanks I will try and keep that in mind.. Lets see, I have three children, all had UGMA accounts and all learned about investing. All had investments that they held for a long time. Apple was held for 21 months, not exactly a trade. I think my kids lessons in investing have been pretty good.

I think Yahoo is going higher, I think it has an impetus to do so. I think it may take a year or more, but will happen. We shall see.
    Feb 3 07:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Because you can own Alibabe before it goes public and get the bounce. If you don't get IPO shares, you will pay market price for a stock that may explode when it actually trades. Most (not all) stocks trade higher than the IPO price, some much higher. Keep in mind the Alibaba IPO could be a year away. If in that time Alibaba continues to grow rapidly, the value will move higher, as it moves higher Yahoo benefits.
    Feb 3 07:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks for the comment x000, you are entitled to your opinion.
    Feb 3 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks for the information faramarz, appreciate you adding to the conversation.
    Feb 3 07:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks for the comment terry, you and I disagree on Yahoo, but that's alright. A watch could provide some sales, how much I question. Good luck to you.
    Feb 3 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Apple And Bought Yahoo [View article]
    Thanks Penny for the kind words. Not a bad thing to stay long Apple, it does have a bucket full of cash, but for some reason the market gives it little value. Yahoo is a short term trade, unless I see a reason for my son to own it going forward. I keep trying to get him to understand the power of dividends. ;-)
    Feb 3 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment