Learn Bonds

View Learn Bonds' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Investment Recommendations From PIMCO's Bill Gross [View article]
    Please see my comment to KRV above.

Best Regards,
    Dec 24 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Investment Recommendations From PIMCO's Bill Gross [View article]
    Please see my response to KRV above.

Best Regards,
    Dec 24 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Investment Recommendations From PIMCO's Bill Gross [View article]
    Hi KRV,

Thanks for the comment and for reading.

We publish our articles here on Seeking Alpha as well as on Forbes. If you look under Marc's name on the Forbes article you will see a link to Learnbonds.com, basically the same as you see on our profile here at Seeking Alpha.

We do not submit premium articles to Seeking Alpha.

Hope that clears this up.

Best Regards,
    Dec 24 11:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Investment Recommendations From PIMCO's Bill Gross [View article]
    Hi Rickky,

In most cases you are going to do much better with I Bonds than you are going to do with TIPS. The reason why is because the yield on an I Bond is not allowed to go negative. That is not the case with TIPS and currently TIPS yields are negative for most maturities.

Hope that helps.

Dec 23 10:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Bonds Funds Riskier Than Bonds? Yes, And Here's Why [View article]
    Hi Robert,

Let me put this to you another way. If I buy a portfolio of investment grade bonds and hold them until maturity, I can tell you today, with reasonable certainty how much money I am going to make over the life of those bonds and when I am going to get it.

Can you tell me with reasonable certainty how much you are going to earn in total return from IEF in the next 5 years? No you cannot.

Thats all I am saying, my argument is as simple as that. Everything else we agree on.

Dec 10 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Bonds Funds Riskier Than Bonds? Yes, And Here's Why [View article]
    Hi JDH,

Thanks for reading and for the comment. I am surprised that they have not gotten more coverage however I think that defined maturity funds like the ones you mention above are a great innovation. I suspect that when interest rates do eventually rise and people are surprised by the value funds loose initially as a result, that the popularity of these products will increase.

Dec 9 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Bonds Funds Riskier Than Bonds? Yes, And Here's Why [View article]
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response we did enjoy your article and I think you raise some interesting points. Lets keep things simple to help reiterate our point. If need $1000 on a specific date, I can buy a zero coupon bond and know that, absent a default, I will have my $1000 on that date. Can you give me that same certainty with a bond fund?

Dec 9 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    "I would be very surprised if 10 years from now bonds have outperformed stocks"

Agreed.

Thanks for the comments.

Sep 13 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warning: Stay Away From These Risky Bonds [View article]
    I think you need to check your sources on default rates. Its no where near 2.7% certainly not 5.4%.
    Sep 12 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    Hi Kospi,

Thanks for the comment. I have no bonds to sell but I do have a website about the bond market.

The point that I am trying to make in this article is not that people should be buying treasuries. My point is that people have been wrong for a long time about this. With many people I believe that they deserve to be called out because people are praised so much when they get one big call right but no one ever talks about the misses.

With Buffett, who as others here have said, has a track record that speaks for itself, I just found it interesting and thought others would as well.

Best of luck to you as well.

Sep 10 03:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Dharm. I agree.

Sep 10 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the comment. No you don't lose in that situation. But if you said that the other horse was not going to finish, and it does, then I think that warrants a mention as well. Especially if you are someone that people look to for racing advice.

Sep 10 03:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    Thanks for the comment charles you make some good points. There are some good reasons to believe that Buffett was getting out of his muni agreements for other reasons as well:

Sep 10 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    Thanks for the comment gh I appreciate it.

Sep 10 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett's Track Record Spotty On Bonds [View article]
    Hi Richard,

I appreciate your comments, but I am not sure how you could read those quotes, especially the ones from 79, 08 and 2011 and say he was not calling the market.

Sep 10 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment