View as an RSS Feed
View Leigh Drogen's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, ACN, ADBE, AEO, AIG, AKAM, AMD, AMGN, AMZN, ANF, ANGI, AOL, APOL, ARO, ATHN, ATVI, AWAY, AZO, BA, BABA, BAC, BBBY, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, BITA, BKS, BLK, BMY, BWLD, C, CAT, CCL, CIEN, CMG, COH, COST, CPB, CRM, CSCO, CTRP, CVS, CVX, DDD, DE, DECK, DG, DIS, DKS, DRI, DSW, EBAY, EMC, F, FB, FDO, FDS, FDX, FL, FNSR, FOSL, FSLR, FXI, GE, GES, GILD, GIS, GM, GMCR, GME, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GRUB, GS, HAIN, HAS, HD, HLF, HON, HPQ, IBM, INTC, INVN, ISRG, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JOY, JPM, JWN, KBH, KMX, KO, KORS, KRFT, LEN, LGF, LLTC, LLY, LNKD, LNN, LOW, LQDT, LULU, LVS, MA, MCD, MNK, MON, MRK, MRVL, MS, MSFT, MU, MW, NFLX, NKE, NOV, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, NWS, OPEN, ORCL, P, PCLN, PEP, PETM, PFE, PG, PGR, PNRA, POT, PVH, QCOM, RAD, RAX, REGN, RGR, RH, RHT, RL, RSH, RT, S, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEAS, SINA, SLB, SNDK, SODA, SOHU, SONC, SSYS, STX, SWKS, SYY, T, TECD, TGT, TRIP, TRLG, TSLA, TTWO, TWTR, TXN, UA, ULTA, UNP, UPS, URBN, UUP, V, VFC, VMW, VRA, VZ, WAG, WDC, WFC, WFM, WMT, WSM, XOM, YELP, YHOO, YNDX, YUM, Z, ZNGA
Facebook's 3-Part Plan To Conquer The Online World
- Facebook is set to report earnings for its 3rd quarter of the year after the closing bell on Tuesday, October 27.
- After the huge beat last quarter, buyside and independent analysts on Estimize have become even more bullish on Facebook's bottom line, expecting the social media king's EPS to beat the Street by 5 cents per share.
- To put Facebook's growth in context, analysts on Estimize expect the company to grow by 57% and 80% on the top and bottom line respectively.
- The only point of concern might be that Facebook has performed so well over the past year that expectations have gotten ahead of themselves.
5 Stocks To Watch This Week 10/26/14
- Over the next 5 days we will be getting earnings releases from Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Other highly anticipated reports will be coming from Hepatitis C drugmaker Gilead Sciences and travel site Expedia.
- This week analysts on Estimize are predicting Facebook will beat the Street by 5 cents per share on the bottom line and $45 million on revenue.
Here's What To Look For From Twitter On Monday
- Analysts are expecting Twitter to continue expanding and complete its first ever 2-quarter period with back to back profits on an adjusted basis.
- Twitter is improving on the bottom line at a much faster pace than Wall Street has been anticipating.
- Contributing analysts on Estimize are forecasting that Twitter will report earnings of 3 cents per share and revenue of $360.59 million.
Nobody Believes Twitter
- Twitter is set to report third quarter earnings after the closing bell.
- Wall Street is looking for Twitter to report total sales at least $10 million above the top of Twitter's guidance range.
- The consensus from Estimize, which doesn't have the same incentive structure as the Street, is roughly another $10 million higher than that.
Should You Invest On M&A Speculation? (Video)
Sun, Oct. 26 • 1 Comment
UPS Continues Impressive Earnings Streak For The Industrials
- United Parcel Service continued the run of impressive earnings out of the industrials sector.
- The company reported Q3 EPS of $1.32, $0.03 higher than the Estimize consensus and an even greater $0.04 above the Wall Street consensus, representing YoY growth of 14%.
- Revenues were also slightly higher, coming in at $14.29B vs. the Estimize consensus of $14.26B, and growing 6% from Q3 2013.
3 Reasons Why Under Armour Is Growing At An Olympic Pace
- Under Armour is set to report earnings for its third quarter of 2014 before the market opens on Thursday, October 23.
- Revenue growth is going to accelerate this quarter.
- Under Armour has outperformed the Wall Street profit forecast in 7 of the past 8 quarters.
- Analysts on Estimize are expecting gigantic growth from the thriving athletic wear company and a beat relative to the Wall Street consensus of 2 cents in EPS and $10 million in sales.
Did Apple Juice This Chip Stock's Earnings? (Podcast)
- This week on Estimize Radio I’m joined by Joe Kunkle, a prominent and veteran member of both the StockTwits and Estimize communities.
- Joe and I preview earnings from Under Armour, Skechers, Fortinet and O’Reilly Automotive.
- In our featured topic we discuss why NXP Semiconductors is set for a huge quarter thanks to Apple Pay.
- Solid Results For Boeing, Record Backlog Is 20x Quarterly Revenues
Yahoo's Beat Pushes IT Growth To 5.7%
- Good results at YHOO pushed growth for the IT sector up to 5.7% from 5.3% earlier in the day.
- This is Yelp's first report since the company struggled with negative press regarding alleged manipulation of reviews, something US courts deemed legal.
- Expectations for S&P 500 earnings growth for the third quarter stand at 9.7%. Revenues are anticipated to come in with 4.4% growth.
- All 10 sectors are anticipated to post positive YoY growth on both the earnings and revenue front.
Apple And Chipotle Results Impress, Help Boost S&P 500 EPS Growth To 9.5%
- The overall S&P 500 got a boost up to 9.5% from 9.1%, in part due to Apple's results, as well as increasing estimates for companies that have yet to report this season.
- Despite impressive results, shares of Chipotle fell 2% in after-hours trading, as the chain warned that increased food prices would impact the bottom line.
- All 10 sectors are anticipated to post positive YoY growth on the earnings and revenue front.
The 10 Reports To Look Out For This Week
- This week 380 publicly traded companies are reporting for the third quarter, 130 are S&P 500 constituents.
- This quarter is all about the launch of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Tuesday Yahoo is expected to top the Wall Street consensus by a small margin on the top and bottom line.
Google's Results Disappoint, Send Info Tech EPS Growth Below 6.0%
- The company not only missed earnings estimates, posting YoY EPS of $6.35, $0.20 below the Estimize consensus, but cost per click was also reportedly down 2% for the third quarter.
- The miss caused the overall expected growth rate for the IT sector to dip to 5.9% from 6.3% previously.
- We don't think a 2% decline in CPC is a big deal, and here's why.
- Why You Shouldn't Freak Out About Google's 2% Cost Per Click Decline
How Facebook and Apple are Attacking Google's Earnings
- Google's grip on mobile search may not last forever.
- There's a lot of buzz around Apple's iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, which may claw back some market share for iOS.
- Also, Facebook just relaunched its Atlas platform, which steps up the pressure on Google's cross platform advertisement dominance.
- With two legitimate threats on the horizon and deteriorating investor confidence in the market, Google needs to put up big numbers.
Earnings Are Not Important At eBay This Quarter, But Something Else Is
- PayPal and Apple Pay will both be gunning to control mobile payments, but they won't quite be bashing heads, at least initially.
- Last quarter PayPal added 4 million new users, bringing its total to 152.5 million.
- However, quarter over quarter the total number of payments was only up 2%, not exactly the exploding metrics that PayPal would like to see.
How To Trade The Financials During Earnings Season (Podcast)
- Greg Harmon, CMT, CFA of DragonFly Capital joins us this week to preview earnings from the financials and discuss his trading strategy using options.
- We also review the two big earnings releases last week from Yum! Brands and Alcoa.
- After going over last week's action, Greg and I look ahead to next week and preview earnings from several of the large financials including Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and BlackRock.
- Finally we cover a few more of the earnings reports scheduled for this week which we believe will be important to watch, CSX Corporation and SanDisk.
Estimize Earnings Preview: What To Watch For This Week
- This week nearly 100 publicly traded companies are reporting earnings for the third quarter, 51 are S&P 500 constituents.
- We'll get two reports tied closely to consumer spending, Retail Sales on Wednesday and Consumer Sentiment on Friday.
- Housing data scheduled to be released Friday should help to bring some clarity around the current US Housing situation which appeared to be volatile this summer.
Earnings Season Preview: The Banks On Deck
- This week, the “big banks” will release their results for the third quarter.
- After a rough first half of the year, the Financials are looking for a bit of a rebound this season.
- The six biggest banks (BAC, C, JPM, WFC, GS, MS) are expected to do much better, averaging a consensus estimate of a 13.6% increase on the bottom-line and 3.0% growth to the top-line.
What's Driving Huge Quarter In Cyber Security? Q3 Enterprise Technology Pre-Earnings Call
- We speak with Sean Udall and Rob DeFrancesco on this call.
- We preview earnings from Tableau, Arista Networks, Splunk, Veeva Systems, Workday, ServiceNow, FireEye, Imperva and Fortinet.
- Our major theme and highlight of the call is the huge quarter expected in cyber security.
2 Signals That Progressive Will Top Wall Street's Earnings Consensus
- Progressive Corp. is set to report earnings for its third fiscal quarter of the year before the opening bell on Friday, October 10th.
- The Progressive insurance company has now strung together 2 continuous years of beating the Wall Street earnings consensus.
- Investors on Estimize expect that pattern to continue tomorrow.
GoPro Needs To Do This To Prevent Imploding: Q3 Estimize Consumer Technology Pre-Earnings Call
- For our first pre-season earnings call we welcome back Ryan Ruggaard of Ruggard and Associates and Mike Czekaj, an independent analyst and investor to talk consumer technology stocks.
- Both analysts were bullish on mobile ad revenues from the likes of newly anointed powerhouse Facebook, social reviews site Yelp, the professional online network LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Hot stocks Zillow and Priceline.com were also both given favorable views by the analysts.
- The one tech name where our analysts' enthusiasm turned to skepticism was GoPro.
- Ryan and Mike both agreed that GoPro was riding a stretched valuation and they shared a similar concern about why the action-camera company might not live up to the hype.
Here's Why Pepsi Has A Leg Up On Coke
- Despite a tepid market for sugary carbonated beverages analysts on Estimize are expecting Pepsi's earnings to rise by 6% while The Coca Cola Company's earnings remain flat.
- Things mostly look good, but one area of concern for PepsiCo is in its second largest market, Russia.
- Activist shareholders want to see PepsiCo spin off its sickly soda business, allowing Frito-Lay to thrive.
Earnings Season Kicks Off Tomorrow: Here's What To Expect
- Another earnings season is upon us.
- Will the strength from Q2 continue, or will we start to see a softening of U.S. corporate performance in the second half of the year?
- The Estimize community seems to believe stellar earnings growth will continue into Q3, as the current aggregate estimate for the S&P 500 is 9.1%.
- Alcoa Earnings Set To Soar Off Aerospace Focus
Is This The Next Home Run Apple Component Stock? (Podcast)
- This week I'm joined by the Founder of Ironfire Capital, Eric Jackson.
- Eric has been a vocal shareholder of Yahoo! and it's a privilege to have him on this week's episode sharing his views on the Alibaba IPO and the future of Yahoo.
- Other highlights include a discussion of two of the biggest players in mobile gaming and we talk about a company which could become the next home run Apple component stock.
2 Reasons Investors Will Be Watching The September Jobs Report On Friday
Thu, Oct. 2 • 1 Comment
- In August, the US economy added just 142,000 jobs, the lowest boost to nonfarm payrolls since January.
- Analysts on Estimize are forecasting that the September jobs report due Friday will reflect a return to the 200,000+ jobs per month economy.
- If the Estimize community is correct, this would be the best month-over-month improvement since January.
Why Taxes And Margin Pressures Won't Stop Walgreen's Earnings Momentum
- Last month Walgreen abandoned its plans for a tax inversion and lowered its earnings guidance accordingly, sending shares tumbling.
- Buy side and independent contributing analysts on Estimize expect Walgreen's earnings to jump 8% from the same quarter of last year to 79 cents per share.
- Wall Street analysts are only forecasting a profit increase of a penny per share to 74 cents.
Where Does BlackBerry Go From Here?
- John Chen made it clear that BlackBerry's future lies in providing mobile device management and data security to enterprise clients.
- He admitted that the Passport is the company's last ditch effort to save its iconic handset business.
- Going forward there's plenty of uncertainty on BlackBerry's two major fronts.
Everything You Need To Know Before Nike Reports On Thursday
- Nike is set to report earnings for its first fiscal quarter of 2015 after the closing bell on Thursday, September 25.
- Analysts expect Nike to report another robust quarter.
- Forces working against Nike’s bottom line include higher input costs and unfavorable exchange rates due to a strong US dollar.image.
5 Ways Yahoo Could Spend Its $7 Billion Of Alibaba Money
- Now that Alibaba has IPO'ed in New York, Yahoo is being forced to sell 27% of its BABA shares.
- After taxes Yahoo is going to net about $7 billion from the forced departure of its Alibaba shares.
- Yahoo CEO Maissa Mayer has already pledged to return half of that sum to shareholders.
- That leaves her with $3.5 billion to play with, which she will add to Yahoo's roughly $4 billion in cash on the books, and go shopping.
2 Reasons Why Oracle Might Finally Start Growing Faster
- Oracle's acquisition of Micros Systems and its small but flourishing SaaS and PaaS subscription businesses are positives for the company.
- Slow growth has been the leading concern among investors.
- In order to keep up with expectations Oracle will need to the hit the gas on its growth by reporting at least 65 cents per share in profits and $8.804 billion in sales.