View as an RSS Feed
View Leigh Drogen's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, ACN, ADBE, AEO, AIG, AKAM, AMD, AMGN, AMZN, ANF, ANGI, AOL, APOL, ARO, ATHN, ATVI, AWAY, AZO, BA, BABA, BAC, BBBY, BBRY, BBY, BIDU, BITA, BLK, BMY, BWLD, C, CAT, CCL, CIEN, CMG, COH, COST, CPB, CRM, CSCO, CTRP, CVS, CVX, DDD, DE, DECK, DG, DIS, DKS, DRI, DSW, EBAY, EMC, F, FB, FDO, FDS, FDX, FL, FNSR, FOSL, FSLR, FXI, GE, GES, GILD, GIS, GM, GMCR, GME, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, GRPN, GRUB, GS, HAIN, HAS, HD, HLF, HON, HPQ, IBM, INTC, INVN, ISRG, JCP, JNJ, JOSB, JOY, JPM, JWN, KBH, KMX, KO, KORS, KRFT, LEN, LGF, LLTC, LLY, LNKD, LNN, LOW, LQDT, LULU, LVS, MA, MCD, MON, MRK, MRVL, MS, MSFT, MU, MW, NFLX, NKE, NOV, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, NWS, OPEN, ORCL, P, PCLN, PEP, PETM, PFE, PG, PNRA, POT, PVH, QCOM, QCOR, RAD, RAX, REGN, RGR, RH, RHT, RL, RSH, RT, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SINA, SLB, SNDK, SODA, SOHU, SONC, SSYS, STX, SWKS, SYY, T, TECD, TGT, TRIP, TRLG, TSLA, TTWO, TWTR, TXN, UA, ULTA, UNP, URBN, UUP, V, VFC, VMW, VRA, VZ, WAG, WDC, WFC, WFM, WMT, WSM, XOM, YELP, YHOO, YNDX, YUM, Z, ZNGA
- Why It Looks Like Another Strong Jobs Report Is On The Way Friday
How Will The Rising Cost Of Coffee Affect Your Cup Of Joe?
- There are concerns that the coffee supply will not keep up with international demand this year, causing a spike in prices.
- Because of the drought this year Brazil's coffee industry association, ABIC, cut its national production estimates to as low as 47 million bags.
- J. M. Smucker Co. announced it's raising the price of its packaged coffee products sold through the Folgers and Dunkin' Donuts (DNKN) brands by an average of 9%.
The Bar Is Set Low, Will Joy Global Top It?
- Joy Global Inc. is set to report FQ2 2014 earnings before the market opens on Thursday, June 4th.
- The current Wall Street consensus expectation is for Joy Global to report 70c EPS and $924.20M revenue.
- The current Estimize.com consensus from 17 Buy Side and Independent contributing analysts is 72c EPS and $930.24M in revenue.
- This quarter, the buy-side as represented by the Estimize.com community is expecting Joy Global to beat the Wall Street consensus on both the top and bottom line by a small margin.
Here's What The Buy Side Expects From PVH On Wednesday
- So far this year PVH stock has been somewhat volatile.
- The current Wall Street consensus expectation is for PVH to report $1.51 EPS and $1.981B revenue, while the current Estimize.com consensus from Buy Side and Independent contributing analysts is $1.53 EPS and $1.997B in revenue.
- Here's what investors are expecting from PVH on Wednesday.
Which Company Is The King Of The Dollar Stores?
- Retail sales have been lackluster over the past 2 quarters, but the dollar stores have been doing quite well on average comparably.
- Compared to Dollar Tree's 14% increase in year-over-year profit, some of the bigger names in multi-line retail which compete with the dollar stores like Wal-Mart and Target didn't do quite so hot.
- Consumers may be spending less in stores across the board, but they appear to have stepped up their shopping for discount goods.
Is Michael Kors Finally Showing A Crack In Its Armor?
- The luxury fashion company topped the Estimize consensus on sales for the 9th consecutive quarter and beat the earnings forecast.
- Gross margin did increase slightly compared to the previous quarter, but it also narrowly missed compared to 60.1% a year earlier.
- Will the decline in gross margins cut into future earnings potential and limit forward profitability?
- Lions Gate Entertainment Set To Report Higher Revenue, Lower Earnings Thursday
Weak Quarterly Results Expected From Abercrombie & Fitch
- Wall Street is expecting the apparel company's sales to fall 3.6% compared to FQ1 of last year while the FQ1 quarterly loss may double from -9c to -18c per share.
- Abercrombie & Fitch has slashed prices to remain competitive in a challenging retail environment, and analysts have correspondingly set the earnings bar low for ANF.
- The poor weather excuse is getting old and if Abercrombie & Fitch can't meet the low expectations from investors, management will have some explaining to do.
What The Buy Side Is Expecting From Costco Thursday
- The past three reports have been weak from Costco with EPS growing 1% for two periods before the company posted a particularly poor quarter in March with earnings dropping 5%.
- This quarter Wall Street is expecting Costco to pick up its pace of profit growth to 5% on a year-over-year basis.
- Wall Street also expects a considerable sales increase of nearly 7% this quarter.
Why Michael Kors Is In Style And Why Coach Is Out
- Back in January Coach reported $1.06 in earnings per share for a year-over-year quarterly drop of 14%.
- At the end of last month Coach completed an even worse quarter with profit declining 19% over the period on a yoy basis.
- Back in February KORS crushed all fundamental estimates from both Estimize and Wall Street and reported its first ever quarter of $1 billion in sales.
- Michael Kors is set to report its next quarterly earnings report before the market opens on Wednesday.
What The eBay Data Breach Will Signal About The Future Of Cyber Security
- International corporate espionage is virtually impossible to enforce because international law doesn’t really exist.
- While U.S. corporations are the victims of the attacks, it’s not clear who is behind them.
- eBay could take a much bigger hit to its brand than Target.
- SolarCity And The Future Of Electric Companies
- Investors Expect Foot Locker To Continue Its Comeback Story Friday
What Investors Expect From GameStop's Earnings On Thursday
- GameStop faces headwinds in the form of direct video game downloads and a trend in smaller, cheaper, mobile games that do not require a retailer for distribution.
- Also, Wal-Mart announced that it will be entering the used game market, which could spell more hurt for GameStop.
- However, new console releases of the PS4 and Xbox One from Sony and Microsoft, respectively, in the fall of 2013 may provide a boost in sales.
Here's What The Buy Side Expects From Hewlett-Packard On Thursday
- HP is set to report FQ2 2014 earnings after the market closes on Thursday, May 22nd.
- The current Wall Street consensus expectation is for Hewlett-Packard to report 88c EPS and $27.350B revenue.
- Contributing analysts on the Estimize.com platform are expecting HP to sneak past Wall Street's EPS consensus while reporting slightly lower sales.
Growth Of Weibo Expected To Fuel Sina Earnings
- This quarter Wall Street expects earnings to come in 2 cents higher per share than last year.
- Revenue is expected to come in around $171 million with much of the growth coming from the increased monetization of Weibo.
- Sina has been plummeting since its early January highs and has now fallen 47% this year.
Target Expected To Report Continued Weakness In Retail Earnings
- Retail sales reports for the previous quarter have been generally weak so far.
- Wall Street expects Target to report earnings 7 cents lower per share than they were in FQ1 of last year.
- Revenue is expected to grow by almost 2% on a year-over-year basis.
Everything You Need To Know About Twitch.tv And Why Company Could Be A Steal For Google
- Google's unconfirmed $1 billion acquisition of the live streaming platform may be seen as a steal in the not too distant future.
- What makes Twitch attractive to Google is how well Twitch can benefit from Google's core competencies and its YouTube platform.
- Twitch now touts 45 million viewers and 1 million broadcasters.
What The Buy Side Expects From Home Depot On Tuesday
- This quarter there is some concern around Home Depot's earnings due to a slowing housing market.
- However, business related to new construction and home improvement sales may give Home Depot a lift.
- Wall Street is expecting Home Depot's earnings to grow by 16 cents per share compared to FQ1 of last year.
Our Weekly Earnings Preview
- Our community is expecting Urban Outfitters to post earnings 3 cents per share lower than FQ1 of last year.
- Since highs at the end of February Salesforce.com's stock has fallen 21% despite steady and strong revenue growth.
- Last quarter Target missed our community's EPS forecast by 8 cents per share after the company reported a major data breach.
- Hewlett-Packard has seen its revenue slip in previous years.
- GameStop is facing major headwinds in the form of direct video game downloads and a trend in smaller, cheaper, mobile games.
What The Buy Side Expects From Urban Outfitters
- Urban Outfitters is expected to report its first year-over-year decline in earnings in the past two years.
- Our contributing analysts are looking for the clothing retailer's earnings to come in 3 cents per share higher than the Wall Street consensus.
- Year-over-year revenue is expected to grow by 6%.
- Here's Why Investors Expect Another Quarter Of Decline From Campbell Soup
Yahoo's Latest Acquisition And Why It Needs To Get Moving Right Now
- Blink, a mobile messaging app, has become the latest tech startup to be gobbled up by Yahoo.
- Since Marissa Mayer took the helm at Yahoo in 2012, her core strategy has been to focus on increasing Yahoo's mobile engagement.
- Mayer has acquired plenty of mobile talent, but Yahoo needs to start translating talent into incoming dollars.
A Look At Everything That's Wrong With Google Glass
- Developing a first in class consumer technology product can be prohibitively expensive and is inherently risky.
- Google may be the first to market in high-end wearables with Glass, but having the best product is more valuable than being the first one to sell.
- Google has probably sunk more cash into Glass than it used to acquire Android back in 2005.
- Will J.C. Penney Finally Get Its Sales Growing Again This Quarter?
Here's What The Buy Side Expects From Wal-Mart On Thursday
- This quarter, Wall Street expects Wal-Mart's earnings to come in relatively flat compared to last year.
- However, the Estimize community is looking for modest year-over-year growth of 3 cents per share and year-over-year revenue growth to the tune of 2%.
- Recent earnings from Macy's suggest that the retail economy has not improved as much as optimists had hoped.
- What Investors Are Looking For From Fossil On Tuesday
- Here's Why Profit Is Slipping At Rackspace Hosting
- Here's What To Expect This Morning From Ralph Lauren
- Here's The Scoop On The Alibaba IPO
- The Earnings Expectations That Sinking Priceline.com Needs To Live Up To
- Here's What The Buy Side Expects From Sturm, Ruger & Co.