Leigh Drogen

View Leigh Drogen's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Long / Short: Uncorrelated and Getting Smaller [View article]
    No, you can't cover up not being able to grow your company and having a broken business model with a share repurchase.
    Sep 15 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Home Improvement Trade Is Over [View article]
    I don't agree with that, different people trade different time frames, and that's fine. Just because you are looking out 12-18 months doesn't make you a speculator, you're just trading a different horizon. Yes, it's hard to forecast longer than 2 quarters in this economic environment, but some are successful at it.
    Aug 26 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Home Improvement Trade Is Over [View article]
    David you're absolutely right, and on a longer term time frame I think HD is a healthy company. But capital flows right now on the 2-6 month time frame certainly don't agree, and being that I trade that time frame, well, I think you get the point. Thanks for the thoughtful response.
    Aug 26 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A For-Profit Education Disaster [View article]
    leighdrogen.com/mea-culpa/
    Aug 17 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A For-Profit Education Disaster [View article]
    No I didn't get short, please read what's written on the page.

I apologize it was the education department that said all 18 companies committed fraud, and yes, that is correct.
    Aug 16 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Picking the Wrong Names, Or Is It Just a Sour Market? [View article]
    No, I'm a stock picker and I've always had success in that manner.
    Aug 7 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now We See What This Market Is Made Of [View article]
    Who the f are you again? Go learn how to trade and then come back and say that.
    Jul 19 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Falling Dollar, Falling Crude, Falling Gold...Falling Equities? [View article]
    If I had real political commentary to give on the subject, I would give it, believe me I'm not shy about that. And on that point, politics and economics often mix, especially in this environment where asset prices are so predicated on government interaction in the markets. So please, come down off your high horse and live in the real world where politics do matter.
    Jul 7 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry, I didn't read the whole comment, I didn't even get past the first few sentences. Reflation hasn't occurred yet? Have you been hiding under a rock for the past year and a half? Asset prices across the board have surged. Bank balance sheets are, for the most part, repaired. Bernanke played his card and he played it well, we didn't fall into depression #2. But I doubt he's got a plan for what comes after the reflation, unless he really is planning to hyper inflate away the debt.
    Jul 7 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pace of Innovation: What It's Doing to Our Economy [View article]
    I'm not frustrated, I just think we better start thinking about new rules or else you're going to have a working class that is very discouraged by the fact that the pace of economic change is moving too fast for them. Not sure what those rules are or how to structure them.
    Jun 30 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pace of Innovation: What It's Doing to Our Economy [View article]
    Decent point I guess, but at the end of the day capital to flow to the places where it believes it can find the highest return for the level of risk.
    Jun 30 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pace of Innovation: What It's Doing to Our Economy [View article]
    I agree with the problems you point out, all good ones, but disagree completely with how to go about solving them. You want to use the tax code to encourage and discourage behavior, not tax for the sake of taxing or putting money in government's hands.
    Jun 30 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pace of Innovation: What It's Doing to Our Economy [View article]
    RIMM was very innovative don't be mistaken, they just got complacent and didn't move on to the next thing.
    Jun 30 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's All About China Now [View article]
    Think of that list as a watch list for that thesis, not a ready made portfolio. You need to enter those positions at the right time given the overall market and where they are trading.
    Jun 23 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Momentum Book Update: Sitting Back and Watching the Vicious Snap Back Rally [View article]
    yes, or run the risk of getting run over as it backs up.
    Jun 21 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment