Len Zehr

View Len Zehr's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Zalicus Awaiting Data On Potential New Pain Medication [View article]
    We often don't cover companies after we've written about them on BioTuesdays. In this case, we did post the following brief on the site on November 12th:

Zalicus pain trials with Z160 fail

Top-line results from two Phase 2 clinical studies of Zalicus’ (NASDAQ:ZLCS) Z160 drug candidate (see May 21 BT Feature) did not meet their primary endpoints in patients with lumbosacral radiculopathy and post-herpetic neuralgia.

Shares of Zalicus fell $3.39 on Monday to close at $1.40 and are quoted 17 cents lower at mid-day Tuesday.

Based on the results, Zalicus is discontinuing the Z160 program and plans to focus efforts on Z944, its novel oral T-type calcium channel modulator in development for the treatment of pain.

“A review of the data demonstrate that both studies were conducted in a rigorous fashion and resulted in adequate exposure of Z160, yet failed to demonstrate a difference in effect from placebo on any endpoint,” president and CEO Dr. Mark Corrigan said in a statement.
    Nov 20, 2013. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Targets Cancer Pain Market [View article]
    Thanks for your kind words of support!

Best,

Len
    May 15, 2013. 01:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Anything For A Buck: Jim Letourneau Looks To Canadian Biotech For Opportunity [View article]
    You may want to check out this feature we did a while back on another Canadian company called Pivotal Therapeutics.

Jan 23, 2013. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Novadaq Highlights Game Changer For The OR [View article]
    Hi, just a FYI. Canaccord Genuity just initiated coverage of NVDQ with a "buy" rating and a $15 price target.
    Oct 19, 2012. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Novadaq Highlights Game Changer For The OR [View article]
    Yes, thanks. I know the symbol is NVDQ on NASDAQ and NDQ on the TSX. Somehow SA missed that. You can also see the story (with correct symbols) at http://bit.ly/R6a8nr.
    Oct 18, 2012. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IntelGenx Striving To Create A Second Biovail [View article]
    Hi jdelta,

FYI - we have covered Trimel quite a bit in past too. Please see:

Jul 11, 2012. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marshall Edwards Taking Big Pharma Clinical Path [View article]
    I worked for many years as a financial journalist, editor and manager with the Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones News Service, and the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. After retiring, I joined Kilmer Lucas as a Managing Director. Some time after that, I helped launch and became editor of BioTuesdays.com.

Our mission at BioTuesdays is to give great, but not necessarily big or well known, healthcare companies and their stories the exposure that they deserve.

Had zzlangerhans bothered to ask me, he/she would have quickly learned that Marshall Edwards is not now (nor has it ever been) a client of mine or of Kilmer Lucas'. So, there is no "PR relationship" as he/she alleges.

I am not going to ask Seeking Alpha to delete your reply even though it, in fact, contains false allegations and innuendo.
    Sep 30, 2011. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Somaxon Is a Sleeper in the Insomnia Market [View article]
    "I assume that you also can't point to any actual data to show that the 6 mg form is a benefit to the 10 mg form, either in terms of efficacy or safety?"

Similarly, I assume that you can't point to any actual data to show that the 10 mg form is equivalent to or better than the 6 mg form in terms of efficacy, safety or risk of abuse or physical dependence.
    May 26, 2011. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    Word.
    Apr 11, 2011. 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    "at the BPAX analyst day yesterday, both key opinion leaders (KOLs) recited the 4mm off-label number and both mentioned they Rx T off-label to women."

Thank you! Bio Burt obviously just wants to get the last word.

Word.
    Apr 9, 2011. 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    "and again, no indication of how IMS data was used to establish market size..."

Word.
    Apr 9, 2011. 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    Aim.  To identify the current prescribing pattern of off-label testosterone use in treating HSDD.

Main Outcome Measures.  Quantitation of Intercontinental Marketing Services (IMS) prescription data to identify testosterone prescriptions written for women and a summary of response to queries to opinion leaders and practicing physicians.

Methods.  Interviews and an opinion poll of gynecologists and family medicine physicians on current medical treatment of HSDD.

keep bashing!
    Apr 7, 2011. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    Sure you aren't.

"Don;t worry, i was not expecting you to explain how you would get data on off label use of teste for fsd..."

onlinelibrary.wiley.co...

So endeth the lesson.
    Apr 6, 2011. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    You present a very circular argument. Companies do not conduct primary research for the sake of it. They do it to understand their markets and help set their strategies. If they base those strategies on false findings, then they do that to their own detrement.

As I am not paid by the company, nor do I own any of its stock, I clearly have no incentive to pump. You, on the other hand, seem determined to bash it. Why?

p.s. Until you answer that question honestly, I will not engage in any further debate with you.
    Apr 5, 2011. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BioSante's Potential Blockbuster Treatment [View article]
    I interviewed Mr. Simes for some time and did not rely on company press releases. I simply reported what he said BioSante's primary research revealed. It is a figure that is also repeated in BioSante's marketing materials. I have no reason to believe that either Mr. Simes or the company are not telling the truth. Are you suggesting otherwise?

I think you will see from my profile that I have some experience doing this. While I don't rely on a "CEO to tell [me] how good his company is," I do give him/her the benefit of the doubt when they relay basic information.

By the way, for "proof" of the existence of the primary research in question, you may want to look at onlinelibrary.wiley.co... . While the information is dated (prescriptions in 2006 and 2007 vs 2009), I think it closes this debate on my end.

No - I don't work for BioSante. Are you short their stock?
    Apr 3, 2011. 05:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment