Leonid Kanopka

View Leonid Kanopka's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    looks like the trend is starting earlier than expected:
    check my blog, AAPL has seen an end to its run.
    Nov 11, 2011. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Solid Stock Ideas With 20%+ Yields [View article]
    announced quarterly div. commenters like you take the effort away from the article
    Nov 8, 2011. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Solid Stock Ideas With 20%+ Yields [View article]
    ops, hey bozos, TRU up to $5.79 thats over 70%that I made (in case you aren't good at math). Thanks for stopping by, if you have any other questions feel free to ask
    Nov 8, 2011. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Solid Stock Ideas With 14%+ Yields [View article]
    oliver, looks like you got in too early my friend
    Nov 4, 2011. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Also to all,

I never said do not buy apple. It is doing ok for the short run, in fact here is an article:
    the point of the article was to educate people who are dumbfound by apple, so much so they cannot see past their iMacs. Open your eyes, there is a bigger world out there. You don't have to put your life savings into AAPL, diversify man!
    Nov 4, 2011. 12:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    MSFT, dead? comatose? Just as a reminder for those who are too blind to see.
    Revenue is up
    operating income is up
    profits are up
    total assets are up
    and total equity is up fy 2011, and you cannot type Microsoft into a search engine without rumors of it taking over. They already have a monopoly on the software industry.

also webmind, it appears to me you are a conspiracy theorist. Please leave your theories elsewhere.
    Nov 4, 2011. 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    Jon T, hope your pension fund does well. Try not to stay too many miles away from profit.
    Nov 4, 2011. 11:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    hey jgp, just so you know BAC acquired Merrill, at that point it was the biggest bank, and then and now Merrill is STILL the world's largest brokerage, just an fyi in case you didn't know
    Nov 4, 2011. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    Dr. George you are right, it is a buy and hold stock I would have to agree with you and Merrill :), but the reason you don't remember Merrill recommending AAPL is because it was too risky, its a "fad" not a good. Just think wayfarer sunglasses big in the 80s then disappeared until now, same with skinny jeans and ties, Apple is one of these products, big in the 80s, dead, now back. Everything in todays world from fashion to apparently hardware, are retro. Apple is part of the theme, nothing else. MSFT is a solid company, and when the apple movement has died everyone will begin to realize that again. XOM, is another good choice you mention I endorse. I wrote it in my article:
    Nov 4, 2011. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    for some ignorance is bliss, in this case not so much, get back to me in a few years and we can laugh....and I will say I told you so
    Nov 3, 2011. 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    hence the "sleeping giant"
    Nov 3, 2011. 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    Everyone here makes me laugh...Thank you for stopping by and for your input. Keep in mind "thinking outside the box" gets you results, running with the crowd gets you anemic results....Ya'll should check out Michael Burry, he essentially predicted the market crash long before it happened, and it was analysts like ppl on here that were saying exactly what ya'll are saying. "OH NO WAY" such hostility, everyone relax, if you don't want to invest that's fine, these boards are on here for opinions, not crucifixion. If you really feel the need to judge apparently your portfolio is not in order, let the best investor win, good luck guys
    thanks again for stopping by
    Nov 3, 2011. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    was_fred, thank you for your comments. And yes lucky you for getting in at the right time with both. You stated that aapl is at its golden age and microsoft has plateaued for the time being and I agree, that is why I wrote the artice. MSFT has a lot more upside potential, and AAPL is in danger of a downward slide if the new CEO doesnt continue the imovement trend
    Nov 3, 2011. 09:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    Dr Pangloss, you are most definitely right about AAPL being a hardware company, and MSFT being primarily is primarily application software, putting the two in different subsectors. However, these two are both in the technology sector and are constanly compared. Investing aside, consumers are stuck with two choices, MAC or PC. Frankly, I feel that MSFT has several partnerships with various companies, along with its own products, in order to privide the best option. With AAPL, all it does is buy led screens from taiwan, buttons from japan, blah blah blah, hense, just a bunch of junk from all over the world thrown together. Don't get my wrong I think AAPL is a good stock, but for anyone seeking gains I think MSFT is priced more fairly, and doesn't hold the risk like apple.
    Nov 3, 2011. 09:25 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forget Apple, Microsoft Is The Sleeping Giant [View article]
    I knew I was going to get blasted for this article, part of the reason I wrote it. It amazes me how people are so loyal to Apple, that they negate everything any other company does. Fact of the matter this article is all true and relavent. Look at the graph above (the second one) it is almost sickening to see Apple's growth rate compared to Microsoft. Also, if you read the article closely I state that Microsoft is not as focused on "iDevices asstated by was_fred" they are growing their business, this does not mean they are "losing" to AAPL. Microsoft has diversified, can AAPL do the same? So far, the answer is no!
    Nov 3, 2011. 08:26 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment