Leonid Kanopka

View Leonid Kanopka's Comments BY TICKER:
  • UK unemployment rate hits 15-year high of 8.1 pct [View article]
    I agree crankyguy, let them all go bust, I am sure valuable lessons will be learned. If you have kids and they do something bad, you dont reward them, you punish them. Whatever happened to true capitalism? Can I get a bailout if my company doesn't succeed? (that was sarcasm)
    Oct 12, 2011. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Picks For Income Investors [View article]
    Actually bought at $4.5 in March 2009, there have been thirteen $0.12 dividends per share and 1 $0.08 dividend per share, along with and 16 $.06 dividends per shre. Now redo you math. RBL I am sorry that you have lost money, that is why people post ideas on here, for help.
    Oct 11, 2011. 09:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Last Week Set The Stage For A Bull Market [View article]
    Vince these are all solid points you make, and I would agree 100% on your take on China. They are headed towards a burst of their bubble, and when that happens I think that will spiral another Global downturn. Perhaps it will get worse before it gets better!
    Oct 10, 2011. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks Bill Nygren Is Wildly Bullish On [View article]
    I like these picks, especially GOOG, I am very bullish on this stock
    Oct 10, 2011. 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Picks For Income Investors [View article]
    I have held AOD for almost 2 years, my return is up over 40% including dividend yield, if it stops paying, I’ll pull out, but so far it’s a good personal investment. You are right, that was my mistake it is a closed end fund, thank you for pointing that out, and thank you for the heads up.
    Oct 10, 2011. 04:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Last Week Set The Stage For A Bull Market [View article]
    Don't think we are quite bull yet..$1.5 Trillion in debt and counting for the year, at about $15 Trillion in debit so far. Interest rates are still really low, mortgage rates hit new lows and still no housing recovery. Unemployment still at 9.1% and now going any lower, higher if anything. Biggest bank (BofA) is at the center of controversy almost every day, and a stock price of only $6. EU plan may be too little too late. And on top of that the stock market looks forward, so I don't think we are bull yet, the big bad bear is here to stay for a while, at best.
    Oct 10, 2011. 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sprint Drops Call With Clearwire While Trying New iPhone [View article]
    Be wary of Sprint, looks like analyst cut their forecasts today, hence the 10% drop. Analysts say that they might incur a free cash flow loss of 2.5B, and the price target was cut from $4 to $2.75.
    Oct 10, 2011. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Putting The Current Gold Price Correction Into Proper Perspective [View article]
    Gold reminds me of the housing market in early 2000s, I think it is being set up for a potential bubble.
    Oct 10, 2011. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Picks For Income Investors [View article]
    True, every investor should do their own research and determine their degree of risk before investing. Higher risk, higher return, each of these, however have neutral or positive Thompson Reuters reports, so I wouldn't consider them junk, risky yes, but so are the general markets.
    Oct 10, 2011. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Solid Stock Ideas With 14%+ Yields [View article]
    Correction on #3, 14.17% upside potential not 1417%, my apologies
    Oct 10, 2011. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Great Budget Stock Picks [View article]
    Hello Ed, thanks for stopping by, yes I most definitely agree, and not only the upside, but the dividend yield is quite attractive.
    Oct 10, 2011. 08:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Foreign Bank Stocks: Worth Another Look? [View article]
    I agree with you David, it seems like 2009 all over again, everyone was rushing to sell bank/financial stocks, just like they are now, and everyone feared a "complete collapse." 1 years later financials gained more traction than any other sector, stocks like IRE rose 19x, BAC 5x, RBS 5x, GGP 325x, and so on and so on. I think these foreign bank stocks might drop lower, but soon will be poised for a rebound of epic proportions.
    Oct 10, 2011. 01:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks You Can Buy Near Or Below The 2009 Crisis Lows [View article]
    You make a good argument for RIMM, but I would have to disagree, in Q1 2011 revenue was $4.9M as appose to Q1 2010 $5.6M, On April 19, 2011, there is a huge disadvantage due to all of the emerging competition (Motorola, HP, Samsung, etc.), RIMM has negative sales for hardware, RIMM is currently involved in several legal battles, which we know can push price down due to uncertainty and speculation alone, and also a substantial amount of its operating costs are in C, and with the $ depreciating, margin compression is imminent.
    Oct 10, 2011. 01:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Great Budget Stock Picks [View article]
    You're right Joe, Xerox has been pushed for 2 years, but i think what makes it prime time now is the 52 week price change of -34.52%...this company has positive earning and a book value larger than its market value. I feel it is highly undervalued, and as the markets have proved time and time again companies with a history of earnings and performance have high potential to return to "market norm" and return better than market returns (thanks ben graham). I guess only time will tell :) thanks for the comment Joe!
    Oct 9, 2011. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment