Leonid Kanopka

View Leonid Kanopka's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    never did i compare myself to him please work on your reading comprehension.
    Jan 27 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Ready To Be Disappointed With Apple [View article]
    Well said Last Man
    Jan 26 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    I still do think that the stock option pricing issue is a source of uncertainty. Also, as I mentioned before investment in technology stocks, even including Apple, involves a high degree of risk due to the rapid changes in technology and competitor actions and there is an increasing competition from multiple vendors from multiple directions.
    Jan 26 06:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Thank you so much for your response, this is exactly what I was looking for, we can actually have an intelligent conversation. I will be completely honest with you the $85 was in the article because it was supposed to be part of the article. I saw an article on this site saying Apple Could Reach $10,000, I figured this would catch people's attention.....I admit a bad move on my part. However, I do still think Apple is overbought. You are definitely right about it being a phenomenal company and its cash hoard / fundamentals are unreal and to the complete contrary I don't think this is a reason alone to buy it just like with the housing crisis. It was such a good investment and could never go wrong and never could be "over bought." Fundamentals aside I just do not see the company performing as well without Jobs, and from the comments I think any sell-off would cause a dramatic drop because the "novice" investors would panic. Technological Companies Usually have a short shelf life. I DO hope that Apple will fall gradually, I don't like seeing people lose money, but with increased competition I just can't help but think it is inevitable.
    Jan 26 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Once again, I would love to discuss my opinion with anyone. If you would like to email me please feel free to if not, please stop wasting my time!

And just a quick food for thought Dialectical....do you know an investor by the name of Michael Burry? The man that called the housing bubble and made millions? I don't assume you do but look him up. I am in NO way being that arrogant to say "I am smart and saw the bubble first," but if you read the book The Big Short: Inside The Doomsday Machine, I think you would find hints of similarities between my "bizarre" analysis and the general public's reaction.
    Jan 26 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    dont you worry rose, wouldnt want to upset the kids lol
    Jan 26 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    What you just said is exactly how novice investors lose money they run with the crowd. I am glad you are confident in you analytic skills but I am far from impressed, once again if you do not like my article feel free to read another!
    Also in regards to the "name calling" I said THAT was plain dumb not any one individual. Also, I do stand by what I said all of this nonsense harp is childish!
    Jan 26 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Ready To Be Disappointed With Apple [View article]
    Dialectical Materialist adds his uneducated response as usual.
    Jan 26 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Are you kids still going back and forth on this article? you do know there are SEVERAL articles on this site saying the exact same thing!? I guess most of you are too incompetent to understand this, much less investing in general. My portfolio is up over 20% from December, what is yours? Read my previous articles and see how many win/loss I have. Yes I do think this stock will fall, yes I was expecting huge gains for the last quarter with Jobs, but NO i do not see this company as the company it is today in the future. If you do not agree then move on and stop being childish. Most commenters on here have 90% of their comments about apple....are you serious!? there are a million other companies to invest in, so who is dumb? Once again please stop your childish comments and if you do not agree move on, if you would like a debate on my analysis email me, thank you, LK
    Jan 26 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Ready To Be Disappointed With Apple [View article]
    Well written article! I applaud you for your courage in not "running with the crowd." You will receive a lot of slack for this but I think in the long run you will be laughing! It is easy to agree with the consensus and feel "smart" in doing so like 90% of the commenters....I do not see any of their recommendations nor would I take them.
    Jan 26 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    glad you disagree with my analysis, sparks for good debate, but yes incompetent when your response is "idiot" and when asked why you say "cuz apples awesome and everyone loves it" thats just plain dumb!
    Jan 25 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    If you do not agree with what I write that is fine, please move on, but do not write personal attacks on the wall. It makes you look incompetent. If you want to have a discussion please email me and I will explain my analysis, if you want to rant and rave with personal attacks that have nothing to do with the article please move on.
    Jan 25 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Thank you everyone for all of your pageviews and comments. I never said Apple would implode and be $85 after earnings. In fact all I said was I feel $85 is a fair value, I don't expect this stock to drop over night, all I said was this stock is overvalued and I believe its run is starting to dry up, thank you,

LK
    Jan 25 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jan 8 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    "When you take a risk on a stock, you want to make sure you're properly rewarded. Downloading Apple's trading history back to 1984, we see the company generated an annual compound rate of return of 10.2%. Apple does not pay a dividend. That's a pretty average return if you consider the S&P 500 returned an annualized 9.8% return over the same period, says IFA.com."

"But to get that average return, you had to take much greater risk. You accepted risk — standard deviation — of 73 percentage points. So, by investing in Apple, you took on 368% more risk to get a 4% higher return. Much greater risk for just a little bit more return, is usually not worth the tradeoff. Over the past decade, most of the volatility has been on the upside, making investors feel rewarded. But how long that unfettered rise can continue is a big question."

Keep in mind that growing this fast gets increasingly difficult as the company becomes larger.
    Jan 8 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment