LifeSci Advisors

View LifeSci Advisors' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    Uh, because when they declare bankruptcy, it will be worth $0.00. Pretty straightforward.
    Jun 23 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    I don't have April in front of me, but I recall it being about the same. I don't think sales have changed over last several months....
    Jun 22 08:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Arena Pharmaceuticals And Step To The Sidelines [View article]
    Nice article! I owe you a beer.
    Jun 22 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegerion Pharmaceuticals: We Are Bullish On The Lomitapide Story [View article]
    I have a survey outstanding that should give us a better picture of number of pts that docs will want to put on drug. Stay tuned.
    Jun 22 05:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    I sold 1/2 as the market turned. I'm concerned about the market, not with the fundamentals of PCRX. I'm net short right now in my portfolio, which has been painful until today. The IBB has been on fire. PCRX is a my 4th biggest position now. I bought CELG today on the blow up.....
    Jun 21 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    I don't have the time to help you. You are wrong on many fronts.
    Jun 21 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    Mike, sorry, you are mistaken. Give me an example of a drug that sold next to nothing in the first month and was a success. Just look at PCRX sales as what a strong launch looks like. They don't even have a large pharma partner. The other issue here, which you need to pay attention to, is that this market is not like other markets Nephrologists are not making the treatment decisions. A Piper survey was just published that asked other questions about adoption. I did an almost exact survey for Feraheme and was lead astray, just like the Omontys survey from Piper. The docs don't make the decision at the dialysis center. The business people make the decision and I strongly believe they are loyal to Amgen. Amgen has made them money for decades. Would you undercut a close friend just to make an extra buck in the short term after that friend has helped you make money for decades? I don't think so.
    Jun 21 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spectrum Pharmaceutical: FUSILEV Sales Accelerating In 1Q, Stock Should Move To New Levels [View article]
    $24.9MM. Very strong May.
    a
    Jun 20 09:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    I hope they can pull it off, but as of the time of writing this, 55 nephrologists have responded to my survey and onely 1 has used OMONTYS. The operating expense in 1Q12 was $31.7MM. If they have a couple of quarters of that level of expense without the revenue, the company will be "shark food."
    Jun 20 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    Unfortunately, the first couple of months of a drug launch are quite predictive of how a drug does. There is a common misconception that launches can get better over time. There are, of course, slow and steady launches, like some hospital products (i.e. OPTR), but this is dialysis where the center or chain makes the purchase. I'm not sure why you even need sales reps. This launch is just a Feraheme 2.0. Because Amgen has been a source of financial gain for the dialysis providers for a couple of decades, I think it will be very hard for AFFY/Takeda to come in an take share by offering a little bit of a discount. The supply agreements with Fresenius and DaVita are an indication. My view is that if the any dialysis providers, including the small ones, are going to make a switch, they would do it now and that would be reflected in sales. Centers would have to change their EPO protocol, which is not that easy to do overnight and I'm not sure they are going to do it just to make a few bucks for a couple of years and assume the risk associated with a new product. I'm sure that AFFY will say that they don't have Q-code and that the centers need to trial the product first before sales come in. I've seen that movie play out and it doesn't end well. Keep in mind that AFFY also has a big pharma partner that will weigh in on decisions. If there is not a compelling medical need for a product or a big price discount, it doesn't sell. That's a good rule of thumb. My two cents.....
    Jun 20 04:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    ah, yes. Thanks. I have not looked at Z, but it is not in my model right now.
    Jun 20 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching The Prescription Data For 4 Pharma Companies [View article]
    yeah, that is the $24.9MM for the month of May that I reference.
    Jun 20 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I fully expected them to finance, which I noted. While I wish I had sold before this deal, I have not and have bought more today. Now that the financing overhang is gone. I fully expect the stock to run into panel/approval. I'm not playing this stock to make a buck or two. I'm playing it to make over 100%
    Jun 14 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You don't know what you are talking about.
    Jun 12 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I would urge you and others to compare the efficacy and safety/tolerability for the two products and make an investment decision based on an analysis of the data. I also think the track record of management is an important factor in making an investment decision. The scenario by which both products get approved with similar labels and warnings is possible (versus only one product getting approved). Should they both get approved, I think Aegerion's product is going to be the commercially dominant product - again, this is just based on my interpretation of the data that I've seen. My interpretation of FDA's request for a larger data set for mipo is that they have concerns about the product. Again, this is just a subjective viewpoint. Your points do not argue for a "rapid approval." If you recall, GENZ/ISIS submitted their NDA in March 2012 and have a January 2013 PDUFA date - this is a standard 10 month review. Neither company got a Priority Review - what do you make of that?
    Jun 11 03:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment