LifeSci Advisors

View LifeSci Advisors' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Aegerion: Addressable Market At Odds By 1,000% [View article]
    Did you read my independent survey of over 700 lipidologists?
    Nov 13 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Expected To Take A Hit [View article]
    There is an interesting article in BioCentury this week comparing the two drugs. There are a couple of key points that I'd like to point out. According the thy Kynamro label, "The use of KYNAMRO as an adjunct to LDL apheresis is not recommended." Hence, those patients currently on apheresis are not targets for this drug. As lipidologist Gilbert Thompson says in an interview for the artilce, "If Kynamro is not recommended with apheresis, then from the point of view of any clinician who is treating hoFH, I think they would go for Juxtapid.” With respect to pricing, it doesn't make difference to the prescribing physician - they want to use the best drug, which is Juxtapid. Lipidologist Eliot Brinton states, "the $59,000-$119,000 price difference would not be a driving factor in his choice of treatment." There may be some patients that docs put on Kynamro (women of child-bearing potential, patients with gastrointestinal disorders or those on concomitant therapies that have interactions with Juxtapid), but the drug of choice is unambiguously Juxtapid for the majority of patients - this is the conclusion of every piece of market research and stands in to reason from the data.
    Feb 3 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Expected To Take A Hit [View article]
    This is one of the most ill-informed articles I have read in a long time on Seeking Alpha. You state, "Kynamro has not displayed any potential serious damage to the liver." Have you even looked at the drug's label???? Here is the link to it in case you can't find it:
    Notice the black box warning for hepatotoxicity. You may be the one person on the planet who is interested in these stocks and the HoFH market that can't identify this important feature of the label.
    Furthermore, every analyst that I've seen who has done a comparison of Juxtapid and Kynamro, has concluded that that Juxtapid is the superior product on efficacy, safety, and tolerability. I do, however, see ill-informed speculators, such as yourself, who are backing Kynamro for some inexplicable reason. The overall superiority was even evident in the FDA panel that was held prior to approval of both products. I'm 99% sure you were not paying attention to the panel or you have no ability to interpret drug data. In addition, we have conducted a survey of lipidologists that showed Juxtapid was preferred 2:1 over Kynamro (http://bit.ly/nEORWJ). At the very minimum, you should make an attempt to get the facts straight.
    Feb 2 12:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegerion's Lomitapide - FDA Approval, Strong Launch, Stock Price Increase Anticipated [View article]
    At the end of the day, the vote was close for mipo (9/6), the vote for lomitapide was not (13/2). My survey indicated that lipidologists prefer the profile of lomitapide, which is consistent with the AdCom panel voting. I'm not sure how anyone can look favorably at mipo over lomitapide, which has superior safety, tolerability, and efficacy.
    Oct 24 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist.
    Oct 24 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Again, that is not the view of experts and the AdCom.
    Oct 24 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Maybe you should have listened to the AdCom.
    Oct 24 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My survey was NOT renumerated and it was not bogus.
    Oct 24 09:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Physician Survey Results On Lomitapide And Mipomersen Support Our Thesis [View article]
    I have not talked to any cardiologists, but my gut feeling is these incredibly severe patients are seeing a relatively small number of experts (lipidologists). I expect the company to need a very small sales force and for them to have a very attractive P&L, much like Alexion. Awareness of the product is already high and the company has stated that they are identifying candidates for therapy now. My expectation is the stock runs into a panel/PDUFA and if approved goes up 2-3x from where it is now.
    Jul 2 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is not the conclusion. The conclusion is docs prefer lomitapide over mipo. A QD oral is better than an weekly SC injection. Efficacy and tolerability are both better for lomitapide - hence the physician preference. Its not a stretch by any means.
    Jul 2 09:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm long AEGR because of the data and the physician preference. Not the other way around.
    Jul 2 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Who says?
    Jul 2 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegerion Pharmaceuticals: We Are Bullish On The Lomitapide Story [View article]
    I have a survey outstanding that should give us a better picture of number of pts that docs will want to put on drug. Stay tuned.
    Jun 22 05:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I fully expected them to finance, which I noted. While I wish I had sold before this deal, I have not and have bought more today. Now that the financing overhang is gone. I fully expect the stock to run into panel/approval. I'm not playing this stock to make a buck or two. I'm playing it to make over 100%
    Jun 14 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You don't know what you are talking about.
    Jun 12 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment