Lior Cohen

View Lior Cohen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will Solar Power Boost Silver Wheaton's Stock? [View article]
    Good point, thanks.
    Aug 31, 2015. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Between Chinese Slowdown And Falling Dollar, SLV Remains Up [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. When we examine correlations of time series and prices we tend to look at percent changes (or something similar). In these cases we won't get, for more than 99% of the time in my experience, anything more than 0.6. If it's above 0.3 it will be considered a mid-strong relation. If you see 0.8 and higher in time series you either looking at actual prices and not percent changes -- that's a no no. Or the same variable with slight variation.
    Aug 25, 2015. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Conditions Are Likely To Keep Caterpillar Down [View article]
    Thanks for the corrections.
    Aug 25, 2015. 05:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Freeport-McMoRan Will Get Worse Before It Gets Any Better [View article]
    Thanks Rhiannion
    The last I checked, Freeport-McMoRan Energy hasn't started building its offshore LNG port. So it's a long way to go before it has any impact on McMoRan's revenue.
    Aug 24, 2015. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good And Bad In National-Oilwell [View article]
    Very well. Thanks again for your comment.
    Aug 24, 2015. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good And Bad In National-Oilwell [View article]
    Thanks rhiannion!
    Aug 24, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good And Bad In National-Oilwell [View article]
    Thanks for your critic and well put. I agree for the most part with it. I didn't say, at least not explicitly that NOV correlates only, the stock correlates with oil only when the latter goes down. No. I do believe it will work both ways. I only wanted to put an asterisk on this relation: My point was that by the time oil prices do rally, it could take much more time for NOV to benefit from it. By then the company could face more problems -- CF, Debt etc -- and until it sees a rise in revenue, unlike oil producers, it could put the company in a more stress. Hope that clears up my point.
    Aug 24, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good And Bad In National-Oilwell [View article]
    Thanks rhiannion for your input and kind words.
    I understand your critic. I don't wish to nit pick but I did compare its peers BHI and RIG and did so in a previous article. Perhaps in a future article I will do a more detailed comparison to NOV's peers in its industry.
    Lior
    Aug 23, 2015. 07:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good And Bad In National-Oilwell [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. If you had read the article, you would have also noticed I'm aware it's not an oil producer and is in the oil equipment business. It could be considered an "oil company" in the sense of the company's strong reliance on oil and oil producers. It could be considered a misnomer, I know, but still NOV is into oil, in one way or another, and the stock follows the price much like "other oil companies".
    Aug 23, 2015. 05:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Conditions Are Likely To Keep Caterpillar Down [View article]
    Those are good questions. I'm also on the sidelines waiting for the "right time" to buy in CAT. And this is no investment advice of course. In any case, my guesstimate is to see CAT below $65. My concern is still around China and Brazil -- about the former the situation could become dire really fast and drag further down CAT. At $65 I will be more comfortable to assume that CAT will more likely to rise than fall over the next couple of years. But again, my guess is as good as yours. Good luck.
    Aug 21, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Goldcorp Reach Its Annual Goals? [View article]
    That's a funny insight, thanks.
    Aug 21, 2015. 05:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For How Long Can Yamana Gold Go On? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment and suggestion. As stated before, perhaps I will do a follow up with gold prices at different levels -- higher and lower.
    Aug 21, 2015. 04:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For How Long Can Yamana Gold Go On? [View article]
    thanks for your comment and input. My point was only to examine one scenario, yet very possible, of gold prices remaining at $1.100. I could have also gone with prices dipping lower or rising back. Of course if prices start to rally AUY will be better off. But what if prices remain at this level for a long time? That's the point. Perhaps I will a follow up with a more broad view of the cash flow situation in different gold prices.
    Aug 21, 2015. 04:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Low Oil Prices Here To Stay? [View article]
    Thanks for the kind words. And yes you got it right. Lior
    Aug 18, 2015. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Low Oil Prices Here To Stay? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. I should clarify: the growth of 1.1 mb/d is for this year and 0.2 mb/d is for 2016.
    Aug 18, 2015. 02:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment