Lior Cohen

View Lior Cohen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Preview Of Freeport-McMoRan's 4th Quarter Earnings [View article]
    Thanks. I made the correction.
    Jan 29, 2015. 06:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Could See Additional Losses Due To Its Hedging Strategy [View article]
    Thank you all for the corrections. I will update on this issue once Q4 report will come out and present the gain/losses from CHK's hedges.
    I would still like to reiterate two things:
    1. This type of hedge doesn't reduce the risk related to price fluctuations. Here is a more detailed account of this three way collar.

2. This also doesn't negate the fact that CHK keeps showing much lower realized prices than market prices even before accounting for its losses or gains from derivatives.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arch Coal Takes Another Beating [View article]
    Made the correction -- thanks.
    Jan 20, 2015. 07:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Did Silver Wheaton Hold On To Its Pascua Lama Streaming Agreement? [View article]
    Thanks for your reply Jeffrey.

I will only point out that those articles you quote were mostly on the company's earnings reports -- so a bit of straw man argument (I talked about market expectations, the risks of SLW, its business etc.).

Also, taking an arbitrary time line to make a point is easy.

As I said in my last update on SLV recent global changes drove up SLV and along with it SLW -- most of its rally was in the past few weeks.
    Jan 19, 2015. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The last I checked, SLW dropped by over 20% in the second half of 2014. Its big rally started this year as silver picked up (and it's still down by 10% in the past five months or so). But this isn't the main goal of my posts. Not for nothing, my main goal is to analyze stocks and markets rather than predict the future -- something that none of us are capable of doing. I only provide my best guess based on the current available data. This means, sometimes you get things right and sometimes you don't.
    Jan 19, 2015. 07:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Fails To Reach Its 2014 Production Goals [View article]
    Thanh,

How did you figure I was wrong about GLD?
    Not that I say I have the ability to predict. But the last I checked GLD didn't do much in 2014 and, not for nothing, fell by 2.3% during Q4 2014 -- in comparison S&P500 rose by 4.4% during that time.

Also, new developments in the markets made me change my view in recent weeks (drop in U.S. T bills yields, higher uncertainty in the markets, lower global growth, falling CPI) to guess that GLD may keep picking up, at least in the short run. But, yup, I still think that in the mid-term and long term GLD could resume its descent. And again I'm not clairvoyant. This is only an educated guess, based on current available data -- I say it as I see it.

And, no I'm not Mr. 6034700.
    Jan 18, 2015. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Fails To Reach Its 2014 Production Goals [View article]
    Thanks HensD.
    Jan 18, 2015. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldcorp Fails To Reach Its 2014 Production Goals [View article]
    Thanks 6034700
    Jan 18, 2015. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    How did you figure?
    Jan 18, 2015. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks pantherdoc
    Jan 18, 2015. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UNG Could Resume Its Downward Trend [View article]
    http://bloom.bg/1DZots4 -- yup, change in weather forecast, a potential "massive arctic outbreak" later this month, drove up NG prices today.
    Jan 14, 2015. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Points About Yamana Gold's Upcoming Fourth-Quarter Results [View article]
    You are right, of course. It only means the company's revenue will be less than expected. But this shouldn't have an adverse impact on valuation, only something wroth noticing in case revenue come short of expectations.
    Jan 13, 2015. 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton Extends Barrick's Pascua Lama Completion Date To 2020 [View article]
    It's unclear -- so far SLW seems to help ABX by extending the deadline (SLW still gets paid for it).
    Jan 13, 2015. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Keeping GLD Up? [View article]
    The U.S. dollar index gone up mainly because of the drop in Euro and GB pound, but the U.S. dollar weakened against the Yen -- and the currency pair tends to be strongly correlated to gold, as I pointed out. True I still hold the view that over the longer term -- say over the next year, gold will come down. But my guess that over the short term the drop in yields are likely to keep pulling up gold.
    Jan 13, 2015. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Keeping GLD Up? [View article]
    Sure looks that way fishfryer -- I agree that the "paper market" leads the way it was the case when gold prices went up and when it came down.
    Jan 13, 2015. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment