Little Apple

View Little Apple's Comments BY TICKER:
    SeattleGoldMiner

That is a very glass is half full way of looking at it!! There is a great article in the new Barron's that came out today which has an interview with Jim Meyer. It said that one analyst thinks Sirius will buy back 40% of its shares in the next couple of years.
    Nov 25 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Schwamendingen

I am glad that you think the article does not support a bearish thesis! Because it was meant to be a bullish article for the company. From the comments I have gotten on the article and hearing chatter on the different financial sites, I find that most Sirius Bulls are very relieved to find that those institutional sales MAY be the reason that the stock dipped. Even though Big Money gets it wrong a lot of the time, almost everyone is interested in what they are doing. Go back and read all of my articles on Sirius -- I am definitely NOT a Sirius Bear!! I have just presented this case of Big Money activity, Liberty selling, competition, and confusion about the GM contract to show investors why the price may be soft right now. As was pointed out in the comments, these things do not affect the company itself, but rather the share price which offers a buying opportunity in my opinion.
    Nov 25 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    khajnar24

OMG you are right. I made a big TYPO!! and then then everyone else missed it too!! Thanks for catching that!! I will send in a correction right now!
    Nov 23 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    khajnar24

I agree, and I am definitely looking to go longer on any dips too!
    Nov 23 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SXM

Thanks! As I said in some of the earlier comments, it can easily go either way -- short term. We will just have to wait for any news that might be a catalyst. Have a great evening!
    Nov 22 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    khajnar23

PART 2 UPDATE

After reading the 8-k from Oct 10 regarding the Liberty sale, it appears to be exactly the same as the press release from Liberty - linked above in my article. I do not see anything that says that they have to buy the Liberty shares before any other shares - but they probably will -- unless the shares drop drastically - the Liberty deal has a floor price of $3,64.

However, one interesting statement is this---

"Moreover, if on any repurchase date, subject to certain limitations, we have availability under, and are able to draw on, our existing senior credit facility in an amount sufficient to pay the repurchase price of the Shares to be purchased on such repurchase date and the next scheduled repurchase date, we may be required to accelerate the purchase and sale of the Shares to be purchased on such next scheduled repurchase date".

What is interesting about this is where it says "purchase and sale of the shares to be purchased". Usually in a buyback shares are retired. This might be a signal that Sirius will buy those shares and then sell them on the open market. However the meaning is not clear!
    Nov 22 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    fm5

Absolutely!! He is being very public about it!!
    Nov 22 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Flytown

Thank you!!! Have a great day!!!
    Nov 22 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SeattleGoldMiner

Thanks for sharing that! Mel always said that he really did not think that P was a threat to Sirius.
    Nov 22 10:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    khajnar24

I will try to look up the rules of the LMCA buyback and post them here. I did read it, but I don't remember that they had to buy Liberty's first. Thank you for keeping us all updated on that!
    Nov 22 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    cpennington

You make a great point. Google has a lot going for it right now. The music is just one aspect of it. But it is a NEW addition to the company which is one (of many) reasons that the stock is hot. Just my opinion.
    Nov 22 01:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sirifair6

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great comment!!!
    Nov 22 01:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bigisbetter

As I have said over and over again, I think P will be hurt by all of these new radio companies. I am really surprised that they continue to do so well. Time will tell. Apple is doing well because they do not need to make a dime on their radio service. It is being used to sell IDevices - and so far it looks like it is working.
    Nov 22 12:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    streamlineinc

I agree with you! I think investors are a lot more careful with Apple stock now. Before no one questioned anything that they did. But after the last year -- and a major hit to many portfolios - investors and analysts are more careful. I think it will go up to $700 again after they provide rock solid numbers for two quarters in a row. Just my opinion.
    Nov 22 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sirifair6

Great answer! It seems so simple until you list everything the way that you have!
    Nov 22 12:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment