View Long Term Bio's Articles BY TICKER:
Ohr Pharmaceutical: Undervalued Biotech Set To Possibly Challenge Regeneron's Eylea Drug
- Company reported positive Phase 2 results in Wet Age-related Macular degeneration.
- Company uses a different method of targeting Wet-Age-related Macular degeneration.
- Ohr Pharmaceutical has the ability to eventually overtake Regeneron's Eylea drug in sales.
BIND Therapeutics Offers Great Potential With Upcoming Catalyst
- An upcoming catalyst result in lung cancer provides for excellent upside potential.
- The Accurin technology attaches to and enhances multiple therapeutic payloads leading to many potential partnerships.
- Company has already established a large amount of partnerships with big pharmaceutical companies further validating the Accurin technology.
Tokai Pharmaceuticals Comes To Market: Is It Worth Buying?
- Tokai Pharmaceuticals provides investors with a tremendous buying opportunity after its big decline since its IPO.
- Tokai sets itself apart from other Castration-resistant prostate cancer biotech companies by creating a unique compound.
- Tokai has the opportunity to make investors a lot of money in the future if it is successful with its Galeterone compound.
- Investors don't have to worry about near-term dilution risk as the company has plenty of cash since it just did its IPO recently.
- Success shown thus far in phase 2 trial patients indicates more likely than not that phase 3 should see great results.
RXi Pharmaceuticals: Interview With CEO Post-Phase 2a Interim Data
- Interview With CEO enlightens investors on current and future trials.
- RXi has many other compounds and catalysts that investors can look forward to in the coming months.
- RXi released initial data for hypertrophic scars in Phase 2a, that are promising for the future.
- RXi can use its sd-rxRNA platform and apply it to many different disease areas.
Orexigen Therapeutics Wins Contrave Approval But Investors Should Stay Away
- Orexigen Therapeutics announced September 11th 2014 that the company received FDA Approval for Contrave.
- Stock plummeted on the day of Contrave Approval as investors headed for the exit.
- Selloff in company stock could be because of a crowded space in the obesity market.
- Many investors remain skeptical on obesity market as it faces an uphill battle.
- Additional costs are required by the FDA to allow Contrave to be marketed in the U.S.
Is GW Pharmaceuticals Still A Buy After A Big Run-Up?
- Even after the recent share price increase, investors still have the opportunity to capitalize on future catalysts.
- GW Pharmaceuticals sets itself apart from competitors with its new cannibinoid platform technology that is difficult to reproduce.
- Phase 2 results validate the technology platform further, and also validate future revenue to be made in the seizure market.
- Cannabis plants provides 70 or more molecules that can be used to target many different diseases.
- The company already has an approved drug on the market known as Sativex, which is already generating a substantial amount of revenue.
Pfizer Has It All Wrong, Should Look Into New Viable Acquisitions
- Pfizer needs to leave AstraZeneca alone and consider other options for acquisition.
- Celgene should be considered for acquisition because of its cancer-fighting compounds and arthritis compounds.
- Gilead Sciences should be considered because of its blockbuster hepatitis C drug, Sovaldi, and HIV drug compounds.
- Pfizer can do better acquiring mid-size biotechnology companies that have steady future growth.
- Pfizer needs to help its diminishing pipeline.
Endocyte Fails Ovarian Cancer Trial, Now What?
- Endocyte fails combination of Vintafolide with PLD, but gives investors an opportunity for a long-term buy after big drop.
- Endocyte shows a different combination of Vintafolide together with docetaxel achieves primary endpoint for Phase II study targeting NSCLC.
- Merck still has the established partnership, despite Vintafolide failing with one combination of a chemotherapy drug.
- NSCLC holds more value for Endocyte, and as such is a more important trial for the future of the company.
Why I'm Short Synthetic Biologics After Phase II Relapsing-Remitting MS Data
- Preliminary results of RRMS patients showed improvement at 12 months, but failed to show statistical significance at 24 months.
- Dismissal of Phase II RRMS results by investors allows for an opportunity to short the stock.
- Reluctance to show p-values in initial press release shows lack of confidence of trial results.
- Steve Kanzer, 10% owner, selling 5 million shares at a low share price of $1.43 per share shows lack of confidence in trial.
- Attempting to run a Phase III trial after obtaining a non-significant p-value at month 24 of p = .1537 is very risky.
Cytokinetics Fails Lou Gehrig's Trial But Still Holds Value With Cardiac Drug
- BENEFIT-ALS trail failure gives investors opportunity to take a risk on the Cardiac drug at a lower share price.
- Positive outcome for phase 2 COSMIC-HF will push omecamtiv mecarbil compound moving forward into a phase 3 trial.
- The Positive secondary endpoint for ATOMIC-AHF still gives positive hope for omecamtiv mecarbil to help patients with heart failure.
- Positive phase 2 results from COSMIC-HF is a catalyst for share price appreciation..
Prana Biotechnology Is Still A Short After Recent Alzheimer's Failure
- Prana still is a good short candidate, because the PBT2 compound has failed to produce substantial efficacy in two Phase II trials.
- Setting up the Phase II trial with safety as the primary endpoint showed lack of confidence in a positive clinical outcome.
- Phase III Trial for Huntington's disease could take years to test, allowing the possibility to short the stock before the trial readout.
Opexa Therapeutics: A Long-Term Perspective For Price Appreciation
- Tcelna has the opportunity to provide patients with a first in line therapy for Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis that is not toxic.
- Opexa investors that remain long term have the ability to reap huge rewards if the phase 2b trial comes out with positive efficacy.
- Opexa stands to make $7 billion dollars in sales with Tcelna, and could be used for other disease indications.
- Benitec: An Undiscovered Biotechnology With A Twist
- Arrowhead: A Functional Cure For The Hepatitis B Virus
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals: A Technology Delivering Superstar
- Idera Pharmaceuticals: Set To Ride A 200% Gain In 2014
- Novavax:A Biotech Story Set To Double In 2014
- Rexahn: A Turn Around Story For 2014
- Cellceutix: An Undiscovered Company Set To Rise In 2014
- Merrimack: Opportunity To Increase Share Price By 100% In 2014
- Rxi Pharmaceuticals, Significant Upside Of 300% Is Expected In Coming Months