View Lou Basenese's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, ABVT, AMZN, BAC, BBY, BX, CAR, CHY, CLIR, CNX, COIN, CONE, COR, CSGS, CTB, DWRE, EWJ, EXPN, EYES, FARO, FB, FEZ, FNF, GIMO, GRPN, HEAR, HIPPQ, HOGS, IWSY, KEYW, KMB, LITB, LNKD, MDLZ, MITK, MRIN, MSFT, MUB, NFLX, OUTD, OUTR, PCYG, RESN, RSH, SCTY, SJT, SKT, SLV, SPLK, SPRD, SWKS, TAXI, TEF, TIF, TWTR, VXX, ZNGA
The 10 Biggest Myths About Resonant
- Misinformation and misunderstandings have created a compelling buying opportunity under $10 for speculators. But do your own due diligence first.
- Top-tier banks and institutions, including Barclays, are taking increasing interest in the company.
- Securing a first design win with leading RF front end suppler, Skyworks, is the next key catalyst.
- Once commercialization commences, performance of Skyworks' and Avago's stocks demonstrate upside is multiples higher for RESN, as RF industry is in a multi-year, rapid growth trend.
- Risk averse investors should wait until after a design win is announced and technology risk is completely eliminated before entering a position.
Skyworks: Q1 Call Underscores Need To Acquire Resonant
- “An explosion in analog complexity” propelled Skyworks to its ninth straight quarter of earnings growth and double-digit sales growth.
- CEO David Adlrich acknowledges "our strength" is developing integrated solutions to the industry's complex signal processing challenges. And there's a “narrowing field of capable competitors”.
- Despite Aldrich's confidence, development on a disruptive filter technology with Resonant is becoming more and more critical to maintaining Skyworks' competitive advantage.
- Waiting to acquire Resonant makes no economic sense, as the company is on the cusp of signing multiple agreements with Skyworks' competitors. Once it does, a bidding war is likely.
Is Second Sight Medical Products The Most Interesting And Disruptive Technology IPO Of The Year?
- After successfully commercializing technology to restore hearing to the deaf, billionaire Alfred Mann is now setting out to restore vision to the blind.
- Company has no direct competitors and is already commercializing its high-margin technology (roughly 90 patients treated to date).
- Dominant IP portfolio provides distinct competitive advantage in a large addressable market.
- Expansion plans into direct cortical stimulation holds potential for Second Sight to own a platform technology.
- Heavily oversubscribed IPO, plus unique Long Term Investor Right could lead to significant price increase in first day of trading.
Skyworks: The Explosive Growth Catalyst Management Can't Talk About
- Skyworks' business is firing on all cylinders, thanks to highly visible industry tailwinds.
- "Connecting the dots" from public filings reveals a development agreement for a disruptive technology that could transform the company's profitability in a matter of months.
- Margins for RF filters could increase as much as 55%.
- A rare opportunity to exploit informational advantage.
Park City Group: ReposiTrak And The Billion-Dollar Food Safety Opportunity
- Confirmed billion-dollar opportunity for ReposiTrak, plus core business growing at healthy double-digit rates.
- SEC filings demonstrate clear plan and history of maximizing upside potential in ReposiTrak for PCYG shareholders.
- Any assertions that ReposiTrak is an "imaginary customer" funded by PCYG stock transfers are not accurate.
Refuting The Short Thesis On Imageware (That I Predicted)
- As I predicted last week, an anonymous short article was published on Imageware.
- Although financing and execution risks remain, the short thesis completely overstates all other risks, especially technology. It also leaves out key facts and paints inaccurate pictures of commercial partnerships.
- Expect shares to be volatile until management can announce another meaningful contract and provide concrete evidence the non-government business is ramping.
The Most Significant Apple Development No One Is Talking About
- With the most anticipated Apple event in history about to kick off, a specific feature, not a product, promises to be the most significant development.
- Rumors, backed by credible evidence in the form of a patent application suggest Apple's iWatch will offer wireless charging capabilities.
- Apple is uniquely positioned to bring about the tipping point for consumer awareness and in turn, mass adoption.
- Energous is the only pure play stock. It's novel RF approach makes it the potentially biggest winner of a wireless charging boom, sparked by Apple.
In Anticipation Of A Short Attack On ImageWare
- Given the 40% rally since August 1 for IWSY, it's only a matter of time before bears attack.
- The most likely arguments lack merit, while one in particular is downright laughable.
- IWSY's success hinges upon signing more definitive agreements with large, recognizable customers.
- In general, shorting disruptive technology stocks is a bad idea.
Imageware Makes It Official. With Wal-Mart?
- Credible sources indicate definitive agreement signed with Wal-Mart.
- If not Wal-Mart, evidence points to deal with another household name - Costco or the Home Depot.
- Lake Street initiates coverage with a "Buy" and $4 price target.
- Time to protect profits.
- 2 Smart Grid Takeover Targets
Is Imageware's Inflection Point (Finally) Upon Us?
- Just announced a "transformative" 3-year agreement in principle with one of largest international retailers.
- Additional new revenue streams expected Q3 and Q4.
- Foundational IP, plus a high-margin, recurring revenue model makes the company a natural takeover target. Fujitsu is an obvious suitor.
- Up-listing to Nasdaq likely.
Why Twitter Investors Were Just Duped
Aug. 6, 2014 • 2 Comments
- Is It Time To Call Wall Street's Bluff?
- CEOs Suffer Through The Same Recurring Nightmare
- The One Sector Where Crash Helmets Are Advised
- Why The Economy's Future Hangs In The Balance
- Wall Street 'Bloodbath' Captured On Live TV
- Caveat Emptor: 25% Of New ETFs Could Be 'Toxic'
- Secret Ivy League Society Leaks Market's Next Move
- Conspiracy Theorists Finally Get Their 'Magic Bullet'
- Stress Test 'Red Flags' A Global Banking Giant
- The Scariest Margin Call Since 1792
- Frozen Credit Markets Foreshadow Next Lehman Fiasco
- Bankruptcy Warning: RadioShack
- A Hot Trend Warren Buffett Guarantees Will Continue
- An Insidious Currency Even Scarier Than Bitcoin?
- Warning: Expect The Internet To Get Hijacked Today
- Blackstone Introduces Weapon Of Mass Destruction
- Why Warren Buffett Might Sue Me Tomorrow
- Largest Bet Against S&P 500 In History ($1.3 Billion)?
- Why Does This Sector Keep Bludgeoning Investors?
- 2 Market Bubbles Finally Burst, Crush Shareholders