Lou Basenese

View Lou Basenese's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Park City Group: An Imaginary Growth Story With 65% Downside [View article]
    He's saying that if ReposiTrak was consolidated, the revenue PCYG would record for its ownership interest (75% after exercising option) would be materially the same as the company is currently recording for subscription revenue, plus management fees.

PCYG generates "other revenue" from ReposiTrak each quarter for management fees. This is addition to the $400k subscription rev.

From most recent 10-Q: Other revenue includes management fees from the relationship with ReposiTrak which totaled $229,904 and $164,878 for the three months ended September 30, 2014 and 2013, respectively.

Clearly, ReposiTrak is generating cash. Increasingly so, as the management fees are being completely paid in cash, which wasn't the case in previous quarters.

From 10-Q for Mar-2014: Of the amount for the period ended March 31, 2014, $350,935 was paid in cash and $171,073 is reflected on the Company’s balance sheet as accounts receivable.
    Nov 9, 2014. 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Park City Group: Latest Article By Disruptive Tech Research Fails To Refute Short Thesis [View article]
    The complete exercise price is $450k. See section 2.c here: http://1.usa.gov/1rGvPIn

Consolidating too early would remove incentive for Leavitt to leverage relationships etc. for ReposiTrak. I believe ReposiTrak will consolidate w/in the next 12-18 mos.

Subscriptions are paid annually. If 2,000 ReposiTrak customers are onboarded by mid-2015, per management's guidance, with an average of 1.3 facilities and only 1 connection, that's over $3.25 million in cash receipts. Two connections is ~$6.5m, three connections is ~$9.6m.

As Kitesurfer points out, no need to go back and forth endlessly on areas of disagreement. Stock price over time will settle for us.
    Oct 17, 2014. 07:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Park City Group: An Imaginary Growth Story With 65% Downside [View article]
    I rec'd PCYG at $4.05 in April 2013, hit stop at $11 in June 2014.

Hope I wasn't your confirmation to go short the stock then, too, GK :-)

In any event, the recent pullback, precipitated by articles like this one, make PCYG an attractive investment again, in my opinion.

While you may disagree, the beauty is the market ultimately gets to decide the winner.

Best of luck to you!
    Oct 16, 2014. 02:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Park City Group: An Imaginary Growth Story With 65% Downside [View article]
    Here's a rebuttal of some key points: http://bit.ly/ZEDErI
    Oct 15, 2014. 04:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Refuting The Short Thesis On Imageware (That I Predicted) [View article]
    Yes, I started an independent research firm, Disruptive Tech Research. You can find links to it on my bio on SA.
    Sep 11, 2014. 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ImageWare Systems: -86% Downside, Strong Sell, Smart Money Eager To Sell At $1.05 [View article]
    Insider (Crocker) just bought 50,000 shares today. Avg. cost of $2.05 per share and total cost of $103k. He clearly is optimistic about the long term.

Sep 10, 2014. 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Refuting The Short Thesis On Imageware (That I Predicted) [View article]
    Insider Crocker bought 50,000 shares today. Avg. cost of $2.05 per share and total cost of $103k. He clearly is optimistic about the long term.

Sep 10, 2014. 03:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Refuting The Short Thesis On Imageware (That I Predicted) [View article]
    It has been a long term winner, up from $0.90 when I originally started covering. And I do believe it will continue to be a long term winner. We've reached the tipping point for acceptance of biometric authentication.

But all investments involve risks and I want to articulate the ones that I believe are legitimate. (Execution not technology).

The key here is IWSY securing more revenue-generating deals. If they do - and my research leads me to believe they are close to landing more deals with major players - shares will respond to the upside with a takeover down the road likely. If they can't execute, then shares will suffer, just like any other company that fails to execute.
    Sep 10, 2014. 03:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Significant Apple Development No One Is Talking About [View article]
    What else are you short? Then we can confirm how pure of an inverse proxy you are for me.
    Sep 10, 2014. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Anticipation Of A Short Attack On ImageWare [View article]
    Here's my response: http://bit.ly/1ul0lg3

Submitted this SA for publishing, too, but it's still in the queue.
    Sep 10, 2014. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Here's my response, or should I say rebuttal to the short attack I predicted: http://bit.ly/1ul0lg3

Submitted it to SA last night as well, but it's still in the queue.

Always do your own due diligence
    Sep 10, 2014. 08:01 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Significant Apple Development No One Is Talking About [View article]
    Disruptive technologies are always discounted as impossible by the smart guys... until it becomes possible.
    Sep 9, 2014. 01:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Significant Apple Development No One Is Talking About [View article]
    No pump and dump. I'm long and staying long. There is technology risk associated with WATT's approach. Worth the risk for the long-term potential upside.
    Sep 9, 2014. 01:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Anticipation Of A Short Attack On ImageWare [View article]
    A quick clarification about Apple's "multi-modal" patent b/c someone questioned whether I understand the true definition. I do, but wasn't trying to get into the nuances here.

Apple's patent is not true multi-modal in that it anticipates another biometric input in addition to fingerprint (like voice or iris). Not yet, at least. Instead, it contemplates a second type of reading for a fingerprint input (moving mode or swipe).

The significance, in my opinion, is Apple understands that a single biometric reading method is not sufficient. Multiple input "modes" in the general sense are necessary. And that bodes favorably for IWSY's true multi-modal approach.
    Sep 4, 2014. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Anticipation Of A Short Attack On ImageWare [View article]
    Paul - I have my own independent research firm now. Disruptive Tech Research. You can find links to it in my SA profile.
    Sep 4, 2014. 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment