Maltzberger

View Maltzberger's Comments BY TICKER:
  • High-Yielding AT&T Down On Its Luck No Thanks To Verizon Downgrade [View article]
    Dismal compared to who? Who are you referring too?
    Nov 25, 2014. 03:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    AT&T's annual dividend is a $1.84. The dividend you are referring to is the quarterly dividend. Do the math. You are wrong.
    Nov 25, 2014. 03:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Don't forget that the company still actively buying back shares too. It may explain the stock going to $34 or below and running back up. Just a thought...

Also, AT&T has a history of raising the divvy. I do not see them changing this anytime soon. I expect a $.01 per quarter divvy increase this coming December. Good Luck to everyone!
    Nov 25, 2014. 02:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T's Other Dividend Growth Story [View article]
    You're right. For growth it is not a great investment at the moment. However, the stock is very stable, AT&T isn't going anywhere, and the dividend yield is 5.3%. They raise the dividend every year too. They've been paying and raising the divvy over 29+ years.
    Nov 25, 2014. 12:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T's Other Dividend Growth Story [View article]
    You need to make a correction. SBC acquired AT&T among other phone companies. Ed Whitacre was credited with putting AT&T back together although not his intention or main goal at the time. The political and economic environment presented itself and he took advantage of it. He could have never done it in this environment. Look how difficult the new CEO is having trying to acquire additional telecom assets.
    Nov 25, 2014. 10:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Hedge Funds Load Up On Alibaba [View article]
    I would like to get some perspective on what everyone is expecting going into the holiday season? Has anyone heard what the market is anticipating as far as sales?
    Nov 19, 2014. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T's Intrinsic Value Implies 10% Upside In Shares [View article]
    I am a long term investor in AT&T. They have a very long history of raising and paying their dividend. Once the DirecTV deal is done, this will allow them to preserve the dividend while continuing to improve their network. Great Company!

p.s. if you are looking for another telecom company, I would look at T-Mobile. What a great turnaround story.
    Oct 26, 2014. 02:25 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did BlackBerry Sell 200,000 Passports Or A Million? [View article]
    My point is that the question you pose is moot. There is no need to carry two phones. No employer (or at least very very few) that I am aware of require you to use Blackberry for work. It's all BYOD. Financial services, Government services, Medical....doesn't matter; There's no requirement that you use BBRY. And from an employer's standpoint, isn't this a good thing? Now they don't have to hand out and keep track of thousands of company owned devices....the employee owns and brings his/her own device to the table.
    Oct 25, 2014. 09:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears Layoffs Top 6,000, Closing Over 110 Outlets [View article]
    MITCH!!! Congrats dude! Your story got picked up on Reuters and is on Yahoo!
    Oct 23, 2014. 12:52 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did BlackBerry Sell 200,000 Passports Or A Million? [View article]
    Personally I would choose none of them and I would have a serious issue with my employer for limiting me to just Blackberry devices. This is 2014 after all, a BYOD is in full force.

For the record I traded in my Z for the i6 and couldn't be happier. I use the Good App and can get all my work e-mails and network stuff on my new i6.
    Oct 19, 2014. 09:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • John Chen Is Happy You Can't Buy A BlackBerry Passport, Covets China [View article]
    I might, but I doubt it.
    I try to keep an open mind, but I've closed my wallet to BBRY.
    Oct 19, 2014. 09:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly, and frankly when the bar is set so low that you can practically trip over it, "exceeding expectations" is not difficult, regardless.

Where some can draw some kind of convoluted head-fake, trying-to-create-a-sen... like Air Jordans or whatever, I simply see a case where even the CEO didn't believe they would sell very many. He said it himself in so many words
    Oct 19, 2014. 09:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did BlackBerry Sell 200,000 Passports Or A Million? [View article]
    1 million in pre-orders has turned into 200,000...that's how far this company has come in a couple of years.
    When the Z10 came out, Thorstein and company were crowing about a 1 million unit pre-order. I wasn't impressed then (see http://seekingalpha.co...) and I'm not impressed now.
    Oct 19, 2014. 09:07 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yawn.
    We've seen this song and dance before. When the Z10 came out, Thorstein and company were crowing about a 1 million unit pre-order. I wasn't impressed then (see http://seekingalpha.co...) and I'm sure as heck not impressed by 200k in pre-orders now. The "exceeding expectations" rhetoric is also a regurgitation heard during the Z10/Q10 launch and we all know how that turned out.
    Oct 19, 2014. 08:58 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: Should You Double Down Now And Go All In Close To Seadrill's 52-Week Low? [View article]
    Haha! Ok, now I KNOW y'all are just messing with me. Do we want get into the definition of what timeline constitutes the proper usage of the term "most recent"? Is it two years? Two months? Two weeks? Today? You tell me and I'll amend my statement if that works for you.
    Sea Lawyers.....sheesh!