View as an RSS Feed
View Marc Courtenay's Articles BY TICKER:
Apple Teaming Up With IBM Creates A 'Landmark Deal'
- Tim Cook and company worked out what was once an unthinkable alliance that will help Apple expand its customer base.
- Although it will involve many cross-promotional opportunities, Apple has more to gain than IBM.
- As for IBM, the deal adds to a mobile software/services push that has already resulted in a string of acquisitions and product launches.
Apple's 50% Upside Driven By Growth, Free Cash Flow And Dividend Increases
- Investors and analysts underestimate Apple's earnings capacity and have forgotten the value of its customer loyalty, culture and outstanding customer service.
- Not enough has been written about the likelihood of dividend increases during the next 3 quarters.
- Investors haven't accepted that Apple is a growth story, not a value story, and by the time that's widely accepted the stock's price will soar by my estimated 50%.
Kraft Foods And Other Ideas To Find The Next Hillshire Brands
- The Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride battle for Hillshire Brands creates a new investment scenario.
- Hunting for food companies with good dividends and upside potential is now more compelling.
- Stick with only the best, don't chase these stocks and remember "there are no free lunches."
A Timely Warning: Johnson & Johnson May Correct With The Stock Market
- The markets are ripe for a sizable summertime correction.
- Although Johnson & Johnson is still one of the best stocks, its yield is below 3%.
- There are headwinds facing the company, and a $92 share price is a real possibility.
5 Stocks, 25%-100% Upside, Thanks To The Fed
- The first year of a new Federal Reserve Chair has a history of nasty but opportunistic stock market corrections despite positive statements and promises.
- Now's the time to begin buying stocks that are overlooked, hated or misunderstood, or, be ready to buy as the Fed's plans unfold.
- Stocks like VOD, CAG, C, HD and PNNT fit the description of companies that will directly benefit from Fed policies and surprises.
Hewlett-Packard Joins Cliff Natural Resources As 'Market Bargains'
- Hewlett-Packard Closes in on 52-week high yet trades at a forward PE of only 8.
- Like Cliff Natural Resources, Hewlett-Packard's stock has an upside driving force.
- Both Hewlett-Packard and Cliff Natural Resources pay a decent dividend and have more cash left.
Intel And Mattel May Increase Dividends And Offer Upside Surprises
- Intel is finding two important ways to increase revenue and earnings to pay higher dividends.
- Mattel, the world's largest toy manufacturer, can sustain current dividend and raise it later.
- Both companies are market laggards, so investors may experience some upside surprises.
- Marathon Petroleum And TransCanada: Better Total Return Potential Than Linn Energy
- Stocks That The Smart Money Invested In
- Best Stocks For 2014 From The 'Honor Roll' Advisors
- 4 Growth And Income Stocks To Buy After A Correction
- Microsoft And Apple: Correction Soon Before New Highs?
- Chevron And Exxon: Is Big Oil Declining?
- Solar Power Stocks Light Up With Huge Gains - Now What?
- Best Stock Bargains That Pay Well In A Battered Market
- Forget Linn Energy And Try These Gushers
- 2 More Stocks With Good Yields And Great Businesses
- If You're Long Linn Energy, Consider Some Insurance
- Income Producers Propelled By The Fed
- Buy Quality Companies At Lower Prices With Rising Dividends
- Find The Next Cooper Tire Or Berry Petroleum Takeover Targets
- 2 Stocks With Outstanding Yields And Great Businesses
- Linn Energy And Berry Petroleum: 2 Companies For The Price Of 1
- Potential Acquisition Candidates For GE, Exxon And Others
- ConAgra And Pinnacle Foods Aren't Priced-to-Buy Yet
- These Tech Titans Are Attractively Priced
- Why Cisco Systems And Oracle Still Look Promising
- Stock Market Wizards Are Watching These Precious Metals Stocks
- 4 Stocks On My Shopping List
- Stocks For The New 'Wealth Effect'
- Finding Stocks Whose Time Has Come
- Identifying Stocks That May Double Within A Year