Marc J. Morrow

View Marc J. Morrow's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Blossoms In The Spring [View article]
    P/E ratios are extremely relevant. Its simple, apple's earnings growth rate is significantly higher than its PE ratio. That may mean nothing to short term traders, but in the long it means Apple stock is going up. Factor in that ever bit of bad news is already priced in and all it will take is a little bit of good news to send the stock higher. And come on. Everybody knows Apple is not going to sell a lot of iPhones compared to the Christmas quarter. That means absolutely nothing in the long term. Apple's annual numbers will continue to look great. Im long Apple at $196 and I have Jan 2014 $580 calls.
    Jan 21, 2013. 10:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medbox Short Could Provide A 50% Return [View article]
    Great article. I do believe there are trading opportunities in this stock, both short and long. Right now it looks like its in a range between $55 ish and $90. Short at $90, buy at $55.
    Jan 17, 2013. 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Stocks With Unusual Options Volume [View article]
    I'd be more concerned about the shelf offering of another 85 million shares and Zagg's cash flow situation.
    Jun 8, 2012. 06:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lululemon Sell-Off: What You Need To Know [View article]
    Financial analysts are like weathermen. Never right. There are a few good ones out there, but there are an astronomically amount of them that are just terrible.

On LULU, looks like there is some support around $60. In these negative market conditions, I wouldn't touch it until $60.
    Jun 7, 2012. 03:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is LinkedIn About To Be Facebooked? [View article]
    I would agree that both FB and LNKD are over-valued and that LNKD may sell off in the short-term. With LNKD at a valuation under $10 billion, and FB over $50 billion, I would argue that LNKD's faster growth will allow it to grow into its valuation. We shall see. If LNKD drops to the low $80's I would probably buy it.
    Jun 6, 2012. 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Could Tumble 15% By 2013 [View article]
    Wow. Great call by the author. I see a lot of comments here attacking this article, but it's clear this company is in big trouble. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean its a good buy. It's goingto take a long time forthis company to turnaround. Ask yourself one question. Is there another company/stock I'd rather own than HPQ? I can think of several.
    May 23, 2012. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks That Warren Buffett Might Put On His Shopping List [View article]
    Lappy, just have to say I told you so on HPQ. I only wish I shorted it at the time this article was written. I only shorted today for a quick 2% gain and got out. If the stock rebounds enough today again I will short again. As low as the P/E is on this stock, it is still high relative to the growth prospects or lack thereof.
    May 23, 2012. 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Facebook An Investment Or A Trade? [View article]
    To be fair to CNBC, they had several people on before the IPO that said all the smart investors were selling (via the IPO) and the un-educated investors would be buying and to be careful. Most retail investors had no business attempting to buy FB on the first day.

Im not going to disagree with the overall reporting on CNBC though. Find out how many of their reporters have a degree in Fiannce or Economics. Not many.

And Cramer is the worst. I could make a living of taking the opposite side of his trades...
    May 21, 2012. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Facebook An Investment Or A Trade? [View article]
    Great to trade. Might be able to make some money in first 20 minutes. Potentially some shorting opportunities once the madness subsides. I'm going to play it. Not sure exactly how just yet.
    May 18, 2012. 12:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Worry, There Is No Fraud Here [View article]
    Great article!!! It's no surprise that we will see fraudulent articles published on Zagg when there are over 9 million shares held short.

The iPhone 5 and the WalMart contract should send this sucker from $10.70 to the $16-$20 range in the next 6-9 months. The overall market is hurting, so this could provide further opportunities to add to shares here.

Keep up the good work Devin.
    May 14, 2012. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recession Forecast Reaffirmed [View article]
    I haven't looked at the charts lately for the last 100 years, but I want to say its uncommon to see a recession less than 5 years from the previous one. When it has happened in the past, the recessions have been very mild and short-lived. He could be right, but all signs point to continued strength in the economy. When Warren Buffet says all of his businesses except housing are doing well, I tend to believe him.
    May 13, 2012. 10:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing For Yield With Real Estate [View article]
    Thanks for the comments. The commercial properties yielding 8-9% come primarily through new contruction on Walgreen's properties. The construction company also serves as the property manager. These type of investments usually require an investor to have at least $100k to invest. These stores sign a single lease for 20 years and never leave. It's a very stable investment but highly illiquid.

Most of my clients investing in multi-families rent to college students by the room and get $700 a month from each student, which is very profitable. The parent co-signs the leases and large security deposits are required. A property management company handles everything for my clients. There isn't a single client I have that does the property management themselves. Security is an additional expense with these types of investments, but the yield more than justifies these costs.

Agreed that these investments are not for the feint of heart or for somebody that isn't experienced with real estate. Reverse mortgages can work real well for people but its a case by case basis. Everybody has a different situation. It's not the best strategy if you want to pass on an estate to beneficiaries. If that is not a concern, definitely worth exploring.

I'm nearly 40 but thanks for the comment! The economy in Massachusetts is really picking up, and evictions are down. It's always a risk, but the opportunity outweighs the risks. Just my opnion. Thanks again everybody.
    Apr 29, 2012. 08:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple In Trouble? [View article]
    No need to be calling anybody an idiot here. The guy was wrong and he admitted it. No need for insults. Grow up.
    Apr 24, 2012. 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple In Trouble? [View article]
    I hope he is right and earnings dissappoint. As stated here above, with the iPhone 5 and whatever they are going to call the Apple TV coming out this year, this could be a buying opportunity. The previous quarter was so strong, I wouldn't be surprised to see a miss. Who cares about one quarter? Means nothing to a long-term investors except maybe another entry point.
    Apr 24, 2012. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Solar Even Stand A Chance? [View article]
    Homes are now being built with roofs that are fitted for solar power projects. Just saying...
    Apr 18, 2012. 09:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment