Marek Fuchs

View Marek Fuchs' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Risk, Dinosaurs And The Lucky Sperm Club: JPMorgan Is A Joke [View article]
    No, but--especially when it comes to risk--you do need people with at least related areas of expertise: say, regulation or bankruptcy. Not dinosaurs. Best, Marek
    May 25 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stop Marching In The Facebook Clown Parade!: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    You are right: never follow the crowd. The trick is that today, the crowd turns quickly. Best, Marek
    May 23 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, I write a lot about what to sell. And I've been as negative as anyone. But the issue here is that for the past couple of days, traders only saw Facebook through the lens of the offering. Best Wishes, Marek
    May 23 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dell's Dim Dilemma: The Stock Story Of The Coming Week [View article]
    I think that's mostly true, which only heightens my point: it doesn't bode well that, even with all their troubles, Dell is beloved by analysts.
    May 19 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    Well, in the midst of a frenzy, saying: hey, watch out. The history of silent public companies is pretty troublesome seems substantial. But maybe substance is in the eye of the beholder. Best, Marek
    May 18 09:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    I see him as the Phil Jackson of retail. He had a lot to work with (Apple's products/Jordan-Pippen... but he did get it done, which does count for something. Best, Marek
    May 17 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    A baseball hat without a logo. Seriously, is there demand for that? I'm no certain I've seen too many stores stocking them, but I could be wrong. I haven't really looked. What's out there? Best, Marek
    May 16 01:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    It's true--Johnson was another of the media and traders' "overnight successes" that actually worked for years to get things going. Best Wishes, Marek
    May 16 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    Yes, it is a big, slowly unfolding task. But traders--and the media--work in the moment. They want a turnaround in an instant and when doesn't come, dismiss the chance of it. You've heard of couple that were made for each other? The media and traders sometimes deserve each other. Best Wishes, Marek
    May 16 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Clownish Trade Of The Day [View article]
    That is too funny. Sadly, you may be right. Best Wishes, Marek
    May 16 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The JPMorgan Story Stay Or Go? [View article]
    Well, I think it's a bit more than a drop-in-the-bucket. At the very least, it redefines all those notions of a near perfect bank. Best, Marek
    May 13 06:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Waiting On Warren: Berkshire Hathaway No Longer Shows The Way [View article]
    Buffett is a brilliant guy and has been remarkably successful. He also presents himself as an oracle and has become quite a media creature. Naturally, people will look to him for answers. But at this point, they're probably looking in the wrong place.
    May 6 07:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Waiting On Warren: Berkshire Hathaway No Longer Shows The Way [View article]
    Especially in uncertain times, a considerable number of traders look to him for guidance. I wouldn't. Best Wishes, Marek
    May 5 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Waiting On Warren: Berkshire Hathaway No Longer Shows The Way [View article]
    Well, as I said--the guy is a genius. But in this uncertain time, many are looking to him for guidance. Considering, I wouldn't. Best Wishes, Marek
    May 5 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Waiting On Warren: Berkshire Hathaway No Longer Shows The Way [View article]
    Well, yeah, it's facts, which lead me to an opinion: despite the overwrought focus on Buffett over the next few days, I don't think he'll provide the market with the clarity it is desperately seeking. Best Wishes, MArek
    May 5 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment