Mariusz Skonieczny

View Mariusz Skonieczny's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mastech Holdings: Holiday Gift for Investors [View article]
    Jeff,

The potential buyback is definitely a net plus for us. The stock is dirt cheap and the management either wants to take this company private or is allocating capital property by buying back its undervalued shares.

I wouldn't worry about the ill-advised acquisitions buying spree. The CEO is not interested in doing anything like this even though he is paid for every acquisition.

Also here is a good article that talks about the industry:

www.bloomberg.com/news...
    Dec 28 01:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Digital Ally: Hated Stock With Awesome Upside [View article]
    As far as insider buying, I counted five insiders that bought stock in 2010: Thomas J. Heckman, CFO; Michael Caulfield, vice president of strategic development; Leroy Richie, director; Daniel Hutchins; director; and Bernard Bianchino, director. I understand that they are not buying millions of shares, but they are buying. And, it is not just one person but five of them. Unfortunately, they are not hedge fund managers and are regular people with families to feed. They, too, took a beating on their net worth when the stock got crushed.
    Dec 23 12:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Digital Ally: Hated Stock With Awesome Upside [View article]
    On December 31, 2009, Digital Ally had $183,150 of cash. Then Saj wrote an article that the company had liquidity problems:

seekingalpha.com/artic...

What happens by March 31, 2010? Cash goes to $834 k and accounts receivable go down. by June 30, 2010, cash goes to $1.8 million.

Instead of saying that the company has liquidity problems simply by looking at the cash level ask yourself these questions?

Is it possible that account receivable will be collected thus bringing more cash in the door?

If needed can these accounts receivable be sold to a third party and thus monetized?

If you simply called the company, you would have gotten the answers. I am sorry but Yahoo finance doesn't have the answers.
    Dec 23 12:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digital Ally: Hated Stock With Awesome Upside [View article]
    Catfish55 there is no question that the management can disappoint again. The majority of investors think so and for a good reason because the management disappointed so many times. However, this is old news and is already priced into the stock. This doesn't mean that the stock won't go down on another disappointment but the downside is likely to be limited. But the upside is huge. I am willing to take this risk/reward scenario.

Dglyinvestor it was helpful to read some of your comments on the yahoo message board when I was at the beginning stages of studying this company.
    Dec 22 11:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sturm, Ruger & Company: The Apple Inc. of the Firearms Industry [View article]
    For those of you who wish to study this company in more details I recommend reading a book, Ruger & His Guns: A History of the Man, the Company and Their Firearms by R. L. Wilson. I always try to read books on companies that I study because it makes me understand them that much more. You might be able to get this book from your local library like I did.
    Oct 8 05:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Smith & Wesson Took a Bullet, But Now Looks to Be Firing Back [View article]
    Thanks for your input.
    Oct 8 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Let me know your thoughts. You can e-mail me directly through ClassicValueInvestors....
    Oct 8 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    1.You wrote that RGR is known for innovation. Do you think the non innovation years (2000-2006) under the son's leadership damaged this reputation?

From what I learned so far I don't believe it did. The best way to find out is to call dealers. I usually do it but I didn't get to it yet.

2.Both gross and operating margins have really exploded under new management. Is this is purely attributable to new management actions or have raw material costs come down? Do you think there is further room for margin expansion?

Margin expansion was attributed to the new and lean manufacturing process but also to the Obama effect as there is some level of operational leverage. I think there might be more room for margin expansion but I couldn't tell you how much more.

3.When did the Obama effect officially end? That is to say, when did customers finally realize that gun control legislation would definitely not be passed?

It seems that the Obama effect slowed down after the first half of 2009.

4. Is comparing the level of sales/earnings in the late 90's to now apples to apples? Meaning, is the firearm market the same size and does RGR have the same market share?

The total market is bigger than what it was. But when RGR was left behind on innovation, the company did lose market share. Currently, it is gaining it back as they are innovating.

5. You seem bullish, why aren't you long RGR?

I just don't have anything to sell. I only hold 10 positions and at this moment, RGR does not make it to my top 10. However, I am hoping that some of my positions finally appreciate enough so that I can sell them and replace them with something like RGR. For now I am putting it on my watchlist.

Thank you for your questions and I hope that my answers help you out.
    Oct 7 11:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Smith & Wesson Took a Bullet, But Now Looks to Be Firing Back [View article]
    That's funny.
    Oct 3 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • International Speedway, Speedway Motorsports: Now's the Chance to Buy Dover Motorsports [View article]
    I did not know as much about Dover Downs as I know about Dover Motorsports but based on my conversations with some of its investors, I would not want to own Dover Downs. I heard that within a few years Dover Downs will lose significant number of customers from Maryland because Maryland is becoming more accepting of gaming businesses.
    Sep 30 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your are right. Writing over 700 comments makes one credible.
    Sep 29 06:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • International Speedway: Undervalued or Value Trap? [View article]
    Good article. I also think that NASCAR's decline is way overblown.
    Sep 29 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Franklin Covey Company: Can It Turn Around Again? [View article]
    1neyesguy thank you for your comment and your insight about the company's future.
    Sep 19 03:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bridgepoint Education: Deeply Undervalued With Low Regulatory Risk [View article]
    Interesting insight. Thanks for sharing it.
    Sep 16 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for this article. I am currently profiling all the for-profit education companies on ValueInvestingTV.tv and Bridgepoint Education is one of the best. At first I was hesitant because the majority of the company's revenues come from Title IV but I am getting used to it.
    Sep 15 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment