Mariusz Skonieczny

View Mariusz Skonieczny's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • International Speedway, Speedway Motorsports: Now's the Chance to Buy Dover Motorsports [View article]
    Your are right. Writing over 700 comments makes one credible.
    Sep 29 06:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • KSW: Profitable Business Trading at Depression Levels [View article]
    I am not sure I would agree that it is a commodity. As far as your comment about having taken risky jobs during the recession, I am not sure what you are referring to. Based on my research and my telephone conversations with the company and its customers, it does not seem like they are risky operators. Besides you are barely paying anything for the business. You are buying cash for cash and getting the business for free.
    Jul 22 04:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hollywood Media: Waking Up From A Coma [View article]
    Thanks for such a detailed analysis.

As you know the stock is up substantially over the last 6 weeks. Now that we know who the 5 percent owner is, it appears to me that he was the one pushing the stock higher to build his position. There is probably something going on like lawsuit resolution, dividend, or buyback.

If you were to make an educated guess, what do you think is happening?
    Oct 24 07:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hollywood Media: Waking Up From A Coma [View article]
    I contacted Seeking Alpha to fix the mistake. The bullet points show exactly what I wanted it to say. But thanks for catching it.
    Oct 24 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks That Look Appealing [View article]
    Behavioral Investors,

When Perion was called Incredimail they only had one product but is very risky. I guess they are making acquisitions to diversify the product mix but I agree with you that this strategy could still be questionable.
    Jan 27 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mitcham Industries - Mr. Market Enough Is Enough [View article]
    Suhaas,

You can think whatever you wish. I am not here to convince you to buy Mitcham. I wrote this article to share the idea with others. You can use it to do your own research and maybe see what I see or ignore it and go after other things.
    Sep 27 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mitcham Industries - Mr. Market Enough Is Enough [View article]
    This company is solid. Sellers have absolutely no clue what they are doing. In the analysis I was very conservative but I see this stock will be trading at $80 in 7 years from now. In 2003, the EBITDA was like $3 million. This year it will be $50 million. If they continue doing what they are doing, I would not be surprised to see EBITDA at $250 million in five to seven years from now.
    Sep 23 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hollywood Media: Misunderstood and Oversold [View article]
    This is a very good question. There are rumors that the reason for the delay is the possible merger of MovieTickets.com and Fandango. This would be very good for shareholders of Hollywood Media but I don't know if this is true and I would not count on it.
    Sep 18 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hollywood Media: Misunderstood and Oversold [View article]
    Not yet. The contract was extended until the end of September. This is what I heard. Hopefully it will happen soon.
    Sep 18 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Attack on the For-Profit Education Industry [View article]
    I don't know how much the Department of Education leaked to hedge funds but there was definitely some communication. This is just another example of how the shorts are trying to do everything they can to hurt the industry and profit from it. What we may expect from this? SEC investigation or something like this.
    Jul 29 11:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Upcoming Spin-Off Should Unleash IDT Corp.'s Value [View article]
    It is in progress.
    Jun 30 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Upcoming Spin-Off Should Unleash IDT Corp.'s Value [View article]
    Your valuation only counts assets and does not consider liabilities.

My analysis counts only SOME assets and considers SOME liabilities. In the real estate section about $26 million of liabilities were accounted. When you look at total liabilities, you have $82 million of deferred revenues which should really be accounted as assets, not liabilities. On the asset side, if you include the rest of the assets such as accounts receivable, investments, etc, your assets will be higher. Also cash today is higher than what it was during the time of my analysis.

So if you want to count all the liabilities, you also need to count all the assets. When you do that they almost cancel each other out. I say almost because liabilities are a bit higher but not much.

As far as post spin-off dividend on genie, I don't know.
    Jun 28 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Impact Silver: An Undervalued, Growing Company [View article]
    You talked a lot about production but what about reserves. What do they look like? How much life is left in their existing mines at the ever increasing production rates you forecast?

At one of 43-101 they have about 7 million ounces in the ground. However this company is different. What I mean by this is that they do not follow the traditional drill to show reserves philosophy. Consequently it is hard to know exactly. With that being said, they have a lot of resources that will last a long time but I can't quantify it.

What are the chances the Mexican gov. penalizes the company (windfall profits taxes, confiscation) if there is a boom in gold/silver prices?

There is always this risk. From what I understand under the current leadership, the risk is low but if someone else gets elected, this risk could change.

You can get 2x leveraged exposure to silver prices with AGQ without having to worry about any company specific issues, plus you get a lot more liquidity. Isn't this a less risky way to leverage a bullish silver outlook?

I can't argue with this.
    Jun 16 01:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment