Mark Bern, CFA

View Mark Bern, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Testing [View instapost]
    Maya and Freya have my email. I agree with DG. We need to exchange emails so we can have more private conversations that maybe don't belong here.
    Oct 31, 2009. 12:12 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing [View instapost]
    Okay, guys. I have to admit that I can't figure something out and need someone's help. I'm sure it's easy, but I'm just doing something wrong. I download a file (jpeg photo or wmv video) and want to copy it into an instablog. Once I download the file, I right click on the file and select "Copy download link." Then I paste into the insta. But it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
    Oct 31, 2009. 12:07 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Renegade Photo & Video Collection [View instapost]
    Guns - Thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I download the files from my email. Then I right click on the file and select "copy the link." Then I paste it into the instablog. But it keeps looking for the email server. If I don't have my email open it won't open. What am I doing wrong?

By the way, I asked Maya to send you me email so we can chat (as if we have time) offline if needed. I wanted to send you a photo or two that I think you could enjoy.
    Oct 31, 2009. 12:03 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Renegade Photo & Video Collection [View instapost]
    Guns - I think I just fixed it. Please try again. And sorry for the confusion. When it works, I promise it will be worth your trouble.
    Oct 30, 2009. 11:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Renegade Photo & Video Collection [View instapost]
    Let me know if the you can't access the links and I'l try something else. I can open them but that may be because they are on my computer. If this works I've got lots more. This could be fun!
    Oct 30, 2009. 10:53 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing [View instapost]
    Guns - I believe it was you who predicted a cold winter. I have a photo I'd like to show you but can't get it to copy. Unfortunately it's on my desktop so I can't link it. Have any suggestions?
    Oct 30, 2009. 10:25 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing [View instapost]
    Guns - That one is sooooo you! I don't know if you can tell from my image, but I am wearing my original jungle fatigues in that photo; the ones issued to me in Vietnam just before I returned home in the belly of cargo jet in strap seating, with a pregnant woman (I'd never seen her before in my life, I swear) and about six other guys. Oh yeah, and a jet engine on a pallet in the middle of the hold. When the lady said, "I don't think I can make it to Hawaii, everyone just looked at me. To this day I don't know why. Fortunately, she made it to Hawaii and I made it all the way home.

Most folks some home on an airliner wearing class-A uniforms. That just wasn't my style. I skipped the debriefing gig and just got on the first bird home.

On Oct 30 08:59 PM doubleguns wrote:

> Lets see how this works hehehehehe
    > For a complete review of today's markets see below.
    > melis.bbaron.sk/wav2/s...
    Oct 30, 2009. 10:14 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing [View instapost]
    User - I think this is a great idea. I used to have a bunch of sound effect on a vinyl record, but no more. My daughter loves this kind of stuff so I'll let her do some searching and let you know what she finds. This could be so much fun! There really are some real idiots out there to whom I can't wait to reply.
    Oct 30, 2009. 08:34 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Testing [View instapost]
    His utterance of the word "Fore" would bring new meaning!
    Oct 30, 2009. 08:31 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Hindenburg Omen [View instapost]
    Rocks - I am enjoying your commentary greatly. Looking forward to Sunday.
    Oct 30, 2009. 08:18 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cash for Clunkers Pay-Off [View instapost]
    Actually the cost justified in the article I commented on was over $45,000 per vehicle. It all depends on your assumptions going in and what cost you want to support. It's all hooey, really. If you really want the true cost, we have to include all sorts of things like the interest on that portion of the debt, lost sales in the future which could cause additional debt/interest to the taxpayers, the cost having all those clunkers' engines destroyed and the result of not having clunkers available for purchase for those who can afford nothing better, the increase in used car prices as a result of the significant reduction in inventory removed forever, etc.
    Oct 30, 2009. 12:11 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seventh Inning Stretch: A Poem For The Renegades [View instapost]
    That's just another way for saying tacky wife, isn't it?

On Oct 30 10:38 AM doubleguns wrote:

> I though it was short for Ima ho.
    Oct 30, 2009. 12:03 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cash for Clunkers Pay-Off [View instapost]
    I wrote a comment to explain what an author was trying to say to justify a price tag of that nature that was well received. Some others commented that it was better than the author's article. That didn't require much. You can find it at

seekingalpha.com/autho...
    Oct 30, 2009. 11:52 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Do We Control What We Know And Are Learning? [View instapost]
    I was away from things for about a week so I must have missed something. But my sense is that you're welcome in the group, Rocks. I go of on trips where my laptop doesn't work and when I come back everything is still cool. So, hang around. why don't ya, eh?
    Oct 30, 2009. 02:49 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seventh Inning Stretch: A Poem For The Renegades [View instapost]
    I've become friends with a guy named Maya
    Who's acquaintance was made through one Freya
    We all seem to agree
    That the guys in DC
    Get high whenever they tax ya

Maya - sorry guy, but I had a temporary lapse on the theme restrictions in my last post, so I am offering up a replacement.
    Oct 30, 2009. 12:48 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment